PDA

View Full Version : possible temporary fix for a Dx9 GCard.

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 12:50 AM
ive been messing in the conf.ini and well i want to mention that i seem to have eliminated 95% of the stuttering problems on my system (windows 7 & GTx280(dx9 graphics card).

conf.ini
Render=D3D10_0 changed to Render=D3D9

i have tried over 5 times the same scenario "sightseeing over london city". back and forth between the 2 settings. This is how smooth iam running if you would care to watch. whilst iam not intending uploading the same vid of the scnario with the dx10_0 setting, i certainly will if i have to prove what im stating here. iam using lowe scenery related settings (as is most of the community) bare in mind im recording at 30fps, some of the stuttering comes from the capture and convert process. given the scenario, the stutters are creeping in because of my necessity to record at 30 fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVDabQeZgS0
Iam aware 1C have stated Dx9 causes poorer performance,

dont jump on me please !. just trying to get some enjoyment here.& "im no troll" incidentally that sticky comes accross as a tad rude 1C. feel free not to change it but some nicer ettiquete would be welcomed on your part given what many have bought from you and the situation they currently reside in. im new here although im not really new. iam not a troll just because im new. iam a sim developer myself in the motorsports side of things all be it in an amateur capacity.

lighthaze
04-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Just registered in order to partially confirm this (needed about five tries with the captcha).

Framerate definitely has increased on my x4 3ghz; 4gb ram; 460gtx machine. Quick start over british coast is pretty smooth now. Nontheless I get some nasty graphical errors. Loading times have also increased.

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 01:13 AM
indeed another fellow pilot on another forum has stated the same graphical issues, iam on a dx9 card though and i know its not in the list of supported cards,

i guess at most all this just indicates a lack of optimisation im sure, and maybe a lack of ehh lets see, quality assurance principles within the scope of the development and maybe a possible lack of beta testing.

lighthaze
04-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Things get pretty strange from now on. How does your card manage to still show effects while mine doesn't, although yours isn't officially supported?. Hopefully this fact will help solving the issue somehow.

€: Apparently the game also gets pretty unstable for me; nonetheless: if it runs it definitely is smoother. Trying to make a vid now.

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 01:28 AM
what is beggin to be asked as far as im concerned is the original comments about having to incorporate "THE" filter into the software, the filter has not been removed, so who & how are 1C developing this title now may i ask ?

is it our good selves thankfully not suffering from epilepsy. or are they developing this around the filter still. because i cant personally see a good outcome. on one hand theres this demand and on the other there is the counter intuitive aspect in the form of the filter. WOW thats a technical nightmare of infinate proportions. but not so if we lay waste to everything good that has come from graphical technology updates over the last 5 years. i dont consider my fix a Fix. im just trying to fly smoothly. Incidentally wouldnt it be simply mad to ditch dx9 ???

No145_Hatter
04-01-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't see a render line at all in my conf.ini

Can you copy your conf.ini text please?

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 01:39 AM
this conf.ini file resides in documents/1csoftclub/il2blahblah. i did make a point of adding it to the BoB section in the other conf.ini file too thats the one that resides in the game folder its self.

edit2: i updated to nvidia beta 270.51 earlier as proposed by 1C

Replace at your own discretion.

partial conf.ini residing in documents.

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0
Render=D3D9
[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D9
width=1600
height=900
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

partial conf.ini residing in the game folders

[BOB]
Render=D3D9
[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0

lighthaze
04-01-2011, 01:39 AM
You need to use the conf.ini in your "my Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder.

satchenko
04-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Ali Fish please can post your entire config.ini here? :grin:

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 02:10 AM
this includes my changes.
Edit: ive no idea why there are now 2 entries for the Render= lol 02:25 here. its late and i been trying to play this sim for 15 hours. I just hope this sim makes it through the tough times. i get the feeling they are very tough. to the dev team explicitly. "theres one word that comes to my mind with this sim,It has the potentiall to be " Charming ! " and i never thought i might say that about a flightsim. it just needs to be that on all occasions at every time. good luck devs.

Edit2:i updated to nvidia beta 270.51 earlier as proposed by 1C

BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0
Render=D3D9
[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D9
width=1600
height=900
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

[NET]
speed=25000
localPort=27015
serverName=please join My Server for connect test
serverDescription=need to test?
serverInfo1=pls join, connectivity, please.
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=0
maxPlayers=8
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=
localHost=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
;ProcessAffinityMask=2
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=0
[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=0
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=1
LandShading=0
LandDetails=0
Sky=3
Forest=-1
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=-1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=0
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=0
MeshStaticsDetail=0
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=0

lighthaze
04-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Vid of graphic glitches and improved performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVI5o_p1Pk&feature=player_embedded

Wurschtie
04-01-2011, 02:45 AM
I also got that green stuff at the horizon. Must be Oompa Loompa Land.

I also got the 'solid beams from hell, reaching out to my plane' glitch sometimes.

What I didn't manage to get is the awesome shadows in cockpit, and grass. That kind of renders this rendering method useless for me. (noticed? :grin:) But there definately was an improvement. Not in fps (they got worse), but there weren't that many stutters.

No145_Hatter
04-01-2011, 02:57 AM
I realized I was messing with the wrong conf.ini.

This worked wonders for me. It's a different game.

Thank you!!!

Ali Fish
04-01-2011, 03:03 AM
YW! No145_hatter please post your system specs and graphics settings and anything relating. especially if you have a dirext X 9 only graphics card.

Purg
04-01-2011, 03:31 AM
Sadly this doesn't work with my GTX295.

I get a very strange blue tiling across the whole horizon that turns into a circle of water perhaps 1km in diameter when my altitude is low enough.

I guess I'll have to wait until they work out how to fix the SLI issues.