View Full Version : Quick ?

AARPRazorbacks
03-31-2011, 11:41 PM
This is my system:

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P

I was not able to get the sim to play when it went to load. after turning off the grass it loaded but look really bad.

I'm new to this sim but have CFS3 and FSX and my system runs them great.

Is this system good to run CoD and look good?

thanks,

flyer01

JG52Krupi
03-31-2011, 11:42 PM
I imagine that the bottle neck would be the 3GB of ram, you need at least 4GB for this game.

AARPRazorbacks
04-01-2011, 01:16 AM
Thank you for your answer.
flyer01

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 01:58 AM
I have nearly same system. e8400 but with a 4870 1 gig gpu. I'm not entirely up to speed anymore with nvidia hardware so don't know if yours is better or worse. I have 4 Gigs of ram but also a 64bit platform.

If you don't have a 64 bit OS then don't upgrade your RAM. Will be a waste of money if it isnt usuable by the OS.

I'm running the game pretty decent. I'm not using Anti-aliasing though and forests and buildings turned down. Rest is on high and a few on medium. I doubt I can run everything on high but thats the thrill :) in 10 years time you can finally say YAY now i can run everthing on full with 100 fps :p

AARPRazorbacks
04-01-2011, 02:16 AM
I have 32 bit xp. so CoD is going to look not so good on my system?

flyer01

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 02:40 AM
I can't tell for sure. Some people with 3 gigs of ram have decent results. some people with 12 gigs and expensive cpus have bad results. some people with good graphics cards have bad results and some people with decent graphics cards like my 4870 1 gig have decent results.

Your rig SHOULD handle it though. read the faq what you need to turn down and what you can leave on med or high. trees and buildings take the most resources.

I was VERY nervous if my rig would handle it ok. Because all the rumours on here. I am pleasantly surprised right now. Just be aware that there will be ALOT of performance improvements with this game in the near future. Its nowhere near as optimized as we would like to see.

AARPRazorbacks
04-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Thank you for the answer again.

I do not if this is a good sim yet or not until I'm

able to fly the sim. LOL

flyer01

AARPRazorbacks
04-01-2011, 04:34 AM
I have turned things down and it loads . but the water is not like it should be and the plane looks like a 70 's video game at a pool hall.

this game was not meant for xp 32 bit and it should have said so.

Like I said I fly FSX with all kinds of senery add-ons and it looks great and runs smooth with good FPS.

I'm happy for the people that can fly this and it look like it was advertised.

I'm not even able to fly this sim.

Feuerfalke
04-01-2011, 06:35 AM
This is my system:

Intel core Duo E8600 @ 3.33GHz
3.00GB OF RAM.
Video card GTX 470
MOBO- Gigabyte GA-EP45_UD3P

I was not able to get the sim to play when it went to load. after turning off the grass it loaded but look really bad.

I'm new to this sim but have CFS3 and FSX and my system runs them great.

Is this system good to run CoD and look good?

thanks,

flyer01

3GB of RAM is not really an optimum for your board, until you have managed to find yourself 2x 1,5 GB-Sticks, that is. ;)
Your processor and board are dual channel-optimized. That means: If you have 2 RAM-Sticks with the same size and speed, your PC will be much faster.
With e.g. 3 Sticks @ 1 GB, you're going full power with your parking brakes on.

AARPRazorbacks
04-01-2011, 06:45 AM
3GB of RAM is not really an optimum for your board, until you have managed to find yourself 2x 1,5 GB-Sticks, that is. ;)
Your processor and board are dual channel-optimized. That means: If you have 2 RAM-Sticks with the same size and speed, your PC will be much faster.
With e.g. 3 Sticks @ 1 GB, you're going full power with your parking brakes on.

Did not know that.

let me ask this. Do do I need 64 bit for CoD look like the pictures and videos?

jibo
04-01-2011, 07:10 AM
the biggest problem is not 32/64 bits version, it's directx capabilities
good old Winxp is directx 9 only, the game is made for directx10, your video card can handle it too
also you may have 4gig install but winxp will only manage 3

AARPRazorbacks
04-01-2011, 07:36 AM
the biggest problem is not 32/64 bits version, it's directx capabilities
good old Winxp is directx 9 only, the game is made for directx10, your video card can handle it too
also you may have 4gig install but winxp will only manage 3
Thank you for you comments
Your saying 32 bit will look just as good as 64 bit? as 16 bit will look as good as 32 bit? with this sim being 64 bit and I only have 32 it should take less ram to run and it will not unless on low settings and that looks bad.
I as so have dx10 on this pc.