PDA

View Full Version : Well, we're loving it

No601_Swallow
03-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Just finished a group hug on comms with ten of my squadron's early adopters. We were (mostly) all intoxicated with the beauty of this sim.

Yes there are problems, yes you can get a fit (or a nervous tick) looking at the chugging cities. Yes there are teething issues with assigning commands. And, yes we can't shoot anything yet or even join online - so the sim is not yet "fit for purpose", but it is gorgeous and scary and difficult and rewarding. As a sim, for me it even beats RoF for that vertiginous "Oh my sweet lord, how am I going to get down from here?" feeling.

It's majestic. I've just flown from RAF Tangmere (our spiritual home) to Calais. It was an amazing achievement (for me, at any rate!) not to pancake in on arrival, but more importantly not to destroy my engine in any of the dozen or so ways I've managed to so far. The turbulence on this summer's day was brutal over the sea, but I still made it!

Anyway, it was great fun to explore the game on comms with my squad-mates, some of whom were ecstatic with what they were seeing. (And, as I say, this is with a sim which we can't even use properly yet!)

Thanks, Oleg, Luthier and all at MG. S!

I'm still pinching myself.

SlipBall
03-31-2011, 10:32 PM
:cool: