PDA

View Full Version : WinXP SP3 with AVG Free 2011

Kianoni
03-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Okay, I finally got some time off work/hobbies to purchase/download this from Steam.. (I did cancel my preorder due to CE inavailability in Finland)
I'm unable to launch the game due to AVG 2011 reporting an infection in rendobj.dll
AVG resident shield which is actively scanning accessed files blocks one file (rendobj.dll) due to a possible infection by "Win32/Heur"
After some googling I thought it must be the heuristic scan method..
so I already tried disabling "Heuristic scan" which might cause a false alert, then I rebooted my comp to be sure that heuristic scan is off but I still can't get the game running.
then I also did remove the file that was reported as "infected" and redownloaded it from steam. I also ran the "verify integrity of game cache" but alas I'm still getting the same message..
right now I can only think of 3 possible scenarios for the problem which are:
1. my old rig actually is infected by some unknown virus
2. rendobj.dll contains some really malicious code
3. AVG has marked the file as a threat so disabling heuristic scan doesn't take effect (which I doubt as I redownloaded it)

and of course I'm upgrading to Win7 when I have time to do it, probably next weekend but I still would have liked to try this game with WinXP before the upgrade..

Kianoni
03-31-2011, 10:35 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19795

Targ
03-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Add the file as an exception in avg.

Than you will need to validate the game files in the cache in steam, it will replace the file avg nuked.

In steam right click on the IL2 game icon, select properties. Than click on the local files tab

and than click on verify integrity of game cache.

In the vid settings un check grass and lower the building and tree amounts to low.

Read the manual and read the faq link at top of forum :)

Kianoni
03-31-2011, 10:52 PM
yeah got it running now, tweaking with trackir/controllers/gfx..