PDA

View Full Version : Airfield take off

=XIII=Shea
03-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi i just wondering if there is a way to take off in any plane in quick missions or any other missions i cant find any solution,or can it only be done in FMB?

Fangio
04-01-2011, 12:31 AM
I cannot figure this out either. How does one launch a mission from the ground? All I get is air launch and I cannot find any way to change this.

Also, is there any sort of manual at all anywhere? Just having a printed out list of key commands would be great.

Fang

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 01:42 AM
I cannot figure this out either. How does one launch a mission from the ground? All I get is air launch and I cannot find any way to change this.

Also, is there any sort of manual at all anywhere? Just having a printed out list of key commands would be great.

Fang

In the realism options there is a checkbox for takeoff/landings for campaign and solo missions

check your cliffs of dover map in the steam folder for the manual. also there is a english manual floating around on here if you cant find it in your folder

Wurschtie
04-01-2011, 01:46 AM
In the realism options there is a checkbox for takeoff/landings for campaign and solo missions

... which has absolutely no effect for me.

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 02:06 AM

Weird... I have only tried training and campaign though for now. Havent looked at the quick start missions. campaign all missions start on the runway for me.

Fangio
04-01-2011, 02:16 AM

Me neither.

I found that check box, changed it over and over everywhere it can be found. Nada. Every time I click fly, I end up air launch. No way to get into the cockpit on the ground at all.

Fang

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Have you tried the british campaign? all my campaign missions start on the ground.

TheGrunch
04-01-2011, 03:25 AM
The "Cross Country" quick mission starts on the ground for me.

Fangio
04-01-2011, 03:38 AM
I can get into the cockpit of a Spit, in campaign mode. Thats the only cockpit access on the ground there is. Flying a 109 means air start, no taking off and just going flying around.

Crazy.

Fang

Kikuchiyo
04-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Quick mission always started in air from what I recall even back in Sturmovick. If you want ground start do a single mission, campaign, or build a mission.

Fangio
04-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I have tested and tested and navigated all around everywhere I can find to navigate amongst the program.... NO ground start except in Campaign mode.

That goes for Allied or Axis planes.

The only way I can launch into the cockpit on the ground and not air start is to fly in campaign mode. All Quick mission or Single mission options are air start with no way to change this.

SUCKS!

Fang

bando
04-01-2011, 02:43 PM
In the quick mission window, select cross country and double click the plane. It will let you choose the plane you want to fly and you start on the deck engines off.

Good luck

Fangio
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
In the quick mission window, select cross country and double click the plane. It will let you choose the plane you want to fly and you start on the deck engines off.

Good luck

THANK YOU!!! That did work!

Fang