PDA

View Full Version : nvlddmkm display driver, error

blade122222
03-31-2011, 04:43 PM
As the title describes, this popped up when i was starting the game for the first time. It said something about "Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered ".

After that the game launches but I can't view any airplane models or pilot models.

Also when launching a quick match i can hear the sound, but the display just shows the loading screen.

Maybe it will be fixed in a future patch, or does anyone here know how to fix it?

KG26_Alpha
03-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Update your graphic drivers.

blade122222
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Already did. No luck there ;(

KG26_Alpha
03-31-2011, 05:40 PM
This an old error form Vista & Win7 to do with the desktop or aerodeck IIRC

Make sure you updated your operating system with Windows Update also.

There was a fix for this years ago from MS

blade122222
03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Will update and see if that sorts it out.

blade122222
03-31-2011, 06:43 PM
Updating did not work :(

I am using vista sp2. All other games are just fine so I can't understand why this one isn't...

Martinho
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
what card you using? I get the same thing.
Updating did not work :(

I am using vista sp2. All other games are just fine so I can't understand why this one isn't...

DoolittleRaider
03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
I have had the nvlddmkm error on and off with a variety of programs, games,etc over many years. At one time about three years ago it was Crippling. I followed all suggstions, new drivers, many ineffective suggestions from many forums and micros$ft. Eventually it went away, though I don't know (or recall) what solution worked....BUT, the last 6-9 months it has reappeared from time to time. It usually just "recovers" itself.

I have discovered that certain Resolution settings will bring up the error..AND even cause a BSOD crash!! When that happens, after reboot I choose a different Resolution. This happened most recently with COD (The REAL COD: Call of Duty):Black Ops and also with Shogun 2. Both probs were resolved when I chose a different Resolution setting. I think I was changing between 1920X1200 and 1920X1080

I'm in US....I don't have ClOD yet. So I'm shooting in the dark here...but I suggest you try selecting a different resolution(s) for COD to see if you can find one that works without causing the nvld... error.

Please advise here if you are successful.

DoolittleRaider
03-31-2011, 07:44 PM
I have had the nvlddmkm error on and off with a variety of programs, games,etc over many years. At one time about three years ago it was Crippling. I followed all suggstions, new drivers, many ineffective suggestions from many forums and micros$ft. Eventually it went away, though I don't know (or recall) what solution worked....BUT, the last 6-9 months it has reappeared from time to time. It usually just "recovers" itself.

I have discovered that certain Resolution settings will bring up the error..AND even cause a BSOD crash!! When that happens, after reboot I choose a different Resolution. This happened most recently with COD (The REAL COD: Call of Duty):Black Ops and also with Shogun 2. Both probs were resolved when I chose a different Resolution setting. I think I was changing between 1920X1200 and 1920X1080

I'm in US....I don't have ClOD yet. So I'm shooting in the dark here...but I suggest you try selecting a different resolution(s) for COD to see if you can find one that works without causing the nvld... error.

Please advise here if you are successful.

DH1979
03-31-2011, 07:45 PM
me too, the sounds i can here but no picture. im using nividia 315, 512mb. please hel[p someone.

dd2000
03-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Same things for me. I have this error at launch. I can access to the game interface but when i start a mission, i go back to the desktop and i can just hear the sound. When i launch it in a windowed resolution mode, i got a gray window.

Every things is up to date : graphical driver, directx and Vista. Other recent game such as Formula one 2010 or other works absolutely fine

We are some guys to get that bug in France.

Ge Force 9500 Gt

DH1979
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
how bout the devs, any help please.

GuillermoZS
03-31-2011, 09:06 PM
Same problem. I´m using a MacBook with W7 and nvidia GF 9400M (I know this config sucks for this game but I was expecting to, at least, be able to play the game in low settings).

Any solution please?

blade122222
03-31-2011, 09:11 PM
I have the nvidia 9600 gs 768mb.

Someone told me to run it in dx 9.

They told me to add "Render=D3D9_0" in conf. file

I am just not sure where to add it...

goodwood
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Had the same problem as well as AVG informing me of a virus as part of the loader!
The game ran but the planes and pilots were not displayed and when I ran a mission it would just show the last screen but give me sound.
After an hour of fun i got everything working and thats how it stayed until tonight.
This morning I allowed AVG to pass the software and all ran OK. Tonight I was back to problems, the video driver was reportin that it had crashed under starting the game, a blank screen just before the epi splash screen. I loaded the latest driver as well as the beta driver, still no luck
I then left it alone to try for an answer on the net only to suddenly think the only thing I had not done was disable the antivirus.
I tried this and it worked - for me at least!
Every thing has now slowed though so I'm going to roll the driver back too see if I can get back to a flyable rig
Fingers crossed as it is a stunning game

finalgambit
04-02-2011, 04:32 PM
I have the nvidia 9600 gs 768mb.

Someone told me to run it in dx 9.

They told me to add "Render=D3D9_0" in conf. file

I am just not sure where to add it...

That works for nvidia 9600 gs ... open a bottle of beer and search for the path:

1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

and open the conf.ini there and paste Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0

... after installing 4 hours my nerves are raw now :evil:

Sehm
04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
That works for nvidia 9600 gs ... open a bottle of beer and search for the path:

1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

and open the conf.ini there and paste Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0

Umm, I can't even find that line in my conf.ini file... I have the the steam version, for the record.

Sehm
04-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Can anyone confirm that Render=D3D10_0 should be in the conf.ini file, and where?

t4trouble
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D9_0
width=1280
height=800
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1

If its not there try adding it yourself, Note you'l loose AA in video options in game settings with the line Render=D3D9_0 in conf

blade122222
04-03-2011, 04:47 PM
The line is there, trust me. I think you are looking in the wrong conf.ini

The one you should be changing is located in documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/conf.ini and not in the steam folder

DoolittleRaider
04-03-2011, 06:33 PM
[BOB]
If its not there try adding it yourself, Note you'l loose AA in video options in game settings with the line Render=D3D9_0 in conf

You mean there is No Anti-Aliasing in Clod if you set for DX9 ???????

Skoshi Tiger
04-04-2011, 08:03 AM
This one sound familiar.

I'll check it out when I get home but I used to get the same problem running IL2 in vista when I had a particular video codec pack installed. Basically the fix was going into the config program for the codec and setting it up so it didn't use the codec pack for frunning the game.

Sorry i'm a bit vauge but its been a couple of years since I had the problem. More details to follow.

Cheers!

Sehm
04-04-2011, 08:50 AM
The line is there, trust me. I think you are looking in the wrong conf.ini

The one you should be changing is located in documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/conf.ini and not in the steam folder

Lol, didn't realize there was two conf files. Cheers mate, I got it working now!

Skoshi Tiger
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
K-Lite codec pack causes the nvlddmkm error in the old IL-2 and and a host of other games.

If you have it installed you should be able to fix it up by:
1) going to ALL Programs -> K-Lite Codec Pack -> Configuration and running ffdshow Video Decoder

2) Next click on the option 'DirectShow Control' on the left hand list.
3) Click (if it hasn't been done before) 'Don't use in' and then select the Edit button.

You should be presented with a list of applications.

4) Next you click on Add and type in the name of the executable.

Like I was saying before, for me it caused a similar error in IL2, ROF, Call of Duty and a couple of others. So if you've got the codec pack installed it's worth a try!

Cheers!