My Specs

i920 3,5Ghz
Ati 5970 (1 card 2 GBU's Crossfire)
6Gig DDR3
Win 7 64-bit
Gigabyte Extreme GA-58

1920*1080
All med

FPS are good, but that stuttering over a land is killing this sim at the moment, my HD is swapping like grazy.

Something is not right.

If we get rid of the REALLY BIG Stuttering, we have maybe winner here.

Kankkis

CharveL
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Turn down trees and number of buildings. That should get you going better for now.

wuschti
03-31-2011, 03:27 PM
According to the manual, buildings and trees have the biggest effect on framerate issues. You should also try to decrease the quaility of landscape shading.

At the moment, IL-2 in perfect mode looks far better, imho. Especially with modded map textures.

wuschti
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
maybe in your dreams :rolleyes:

Nope. I don't know why, but the landscape with its bright and luminous colours looks like happyland to me. Gives you an unrealistic feeling imo.

Kankkis
03-31-2011, 04:13 PM
I put all to low, same stuttering. There is now something really broken in the code, maybe memory leak or something, my HDD is blinking light allmost all the time.

HenFre
03-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Luhier has told earlier on, that the stuttering as you near the ground comes from loading in the grass textures. They should have worked it out by the next patch..

Can not remember where he wrote it though, sorry..

MajorTom
03-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Hi!

Just testing the game.

Set my ProcessAffinityMask=63 for my 6 core AMD.

How do you show FPS in the game?

MajorTom
03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Lets see what this baby can do.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
03-31-2011, 05:48 PM
I have a comparatively small issue but a lil annoying nonetheless:

http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/2460/falthilfenil2cod.jpg

Can somebody help me get rid of these two folding help lines on my screen? They only show when in flight (only Spit tested so far).

My graphic card is a Nividia GTX 275 ...

Nota: I know it's not a bug but a feature already present in IL2: I notice even when I lean sideways the prop circle always stays in the centre of the screen ...

How can I customize the planes in the quick mission / singe mission part? It seems not to take the settings done when going over the menue "planes" in the main menue.

Kankkis
03-31-2011, 05:55 PM
This game is swapping all the time, i don't know why, i can even play it maxed setting, swapping is of course much worse, but even at low it's swap like watching streaming video from game. My hard drive is blinking every 2sec, this is no normal behauvior.

I see really big potential on this sim but now its unplayable.

Kankkis

41Sqn_Stormcrow
04-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Solution for me to get rid of these black marks - at least temporary. I have to test if it is permanent:

click in the vicinity of these marks and close the corresponding windows ...

(Voice Window and Secondary Control Window)

Helrza
04-01-2011, 11:44 PM
This game is swapping all the time, i don't know why, i can even play it maxed setting, swapping is of course much worse, but even at low it's swap like watching streaming video from game. My hard drive is blinking every 2sec, this is no normal behauvior.

I see really big potential on this sim but now its unplayable.

Kankkis

Read this mate, it might help, might not, but worth a shot

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20129

Surge
04-02-2011, 10:38 PM
I have a comparatively small issue but a lil annoying nonetheless:

http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/2460/falthilfenil2cod.jpg

Can somebody help me get rid of these two folding help lines on my screen? They only show when in flight (only Spit tested so far).

My graphic card is a Nividia GTX 275 ...

Nota: I know it's not a bug but a feature already present in IL2: I notice even when I lean sideways the prop circle always stays in the centre of the screen ...

How can I customize the planes in the quick mission / singe mission part? It seems not to take the settings done when going over the menue "planes" in the main menue.

Hi fella i have a very similar issue with the little black lines with a quick pricise right click of my mouse on the black line area i was able to remove the black line for good, hope this helps, btw when you remove there is a menu that comes up and you can select to remove.

Space Communist
04-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi fella i have a very similar issue with the little black lines with a quick pricise right click of my mouse on the black line area i was able to remove the black line for good, hope this helps, btw when you remove there is a menu that comes up and you can select to remove.

That line is actually a cursor, Luthier knows about it is working to fix it.

senseispcc
04-03-2011, 04:49 PM
This is a leftover from some windows the game creators are aware of it and are working on it.

Win7 x64
I7 975 3.75Ghz
9.5Tb HDD’s
12 Gb ddr3 1333Mhz memory
Geforce gtx295 1.5Gb
Trackir 5
Saitek X52

JVM
04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
You may also right-click on(or very close to the right of) it: you will get a choice of closing the related window. It works for all black lines (they are open windows) and also for the mini sliders in the bottom left part of the screen. You will have to do it again for your next flight, until 1C can offer better management of them at start in a next patch.

JVM