PDA

View Full Version : System Specs ?

Fangio
03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
I am downloading now from Steam....

Curious about whether or not I will actually be able to run this. My newest PC is a laptop I purchased in January. I have read some info on specs on this board, but I am not a techy and honestly I have no idea what all the various numbers, letters and names mean. Its all a bunch of gobly gook to me.

From what I can tell (where do I go to actually view detailed system specs?)
my PC has the following:

HP Pavilion dvd6 Notebook PC
Intel Core I7 CPU Q720 @ 1.6Ghz
6 GB RAM'
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650

Like I said, I don't know what any of that means.

Any suggestions on what to do to optimize my PC for this game? Settings for the graphics card or such?

Should I be planning to buy a new desktop gaming PC? If so... what specs to shoot for given the desire to not go broke?

Any and all info and tips on hardward specs and what to do is greatly appreciated.

Fang

Fangio
04-01-2011, 12:27 AM
bump

jibo
04-01-2011, 12:32 AM
sorry but a 5650 won't cut it, you should consider buying a desktop comp for this kind of game

sg1221
04-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Sorry but your laptop won't work very well , you'll certainly need a pretty powerful
desktop computer to run most any modern Flight Sim.
Here is a website you can go to and test your computer for most of the newer
games that are out today , it's fast easy and free and will give you an idea of
just how well your computer can handle most games. Also they offer suggestions
on where you can make improvements.

good luck !

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Fangio
04-01-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks, that is what I suspected.

I am not averse to buying a new system, but I have no idea what to buy. All the letters and numbers.... mean nothing to me, tis all greek.

Fang

mattag08
04-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Thanks, that is what I suspected.

I am not averse to buying a new system, but I have no idea what to buy. All the letters and numbers.... mean nothing to me, tis all greek.

Fang

Just purchase the things with the highest $$$ in front and you'll be fine. :-P

Seriously though, I would just wait a couple weeks and see what people are saying as far as how their systems are running the game. Find someone who's running it with 30+ FPS over London with high settings and copy their build. ;)

nearmiss
04-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Hold tight...

My suggestion.

Look at the various options ONLY that are working well with excellent FPS.

Then review your system against those options.

Seriously, you can throw money at the issues and still have them.

It will take about a month maybe longer for the best configurations and hardware to hit balance. The US version will not be released until later this month, and there will be weeks of discussions from US users trying to get the best out of their hardware and software.

If you are patient you will be surprised how well you can get the COD to perform with the right combinations.