PDA

View Full Version : CoD & Triple Head

tf_neuro
03-31-2011, 12:43 PM
I posted on a different forum (still here at 1c) then I got pointed to this one. I wouldnt post the same thing again so here's the link to the post that I 'should' have posted here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19854

maclean525
03-31-2011, 01:53 PM
I really hope you can figure out how to make this work because my rig is Eyefinity at 5760x1080. If it doesn't work I simply can't buy it :(

Psycho_Ch!cken
03-31-2011, 05:11 PM
I don't know the answer, but I'm curious to find out. That said, performance is absolutely shocking on just 1920 x 1200, so 5760 x 1200 is right out for me at the moment. I'd be happier if they focus on making the thing run acceptably first, then get proper ultra wide support working after that. After all, there's no point having a super wide fov if the framerate is at a mighty 15 is there? :)

Reprobator
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Default key is mousekey5 + movement up for zooming and down to icrease fov.
It's really nice , bing it as an axe is really a good idea they had.
Now the game doesn't bother to give me the ability to raise down my resolution.
Is there a way to force it in the conf.ini?

tf_neuro
03-31-2011, 10:29 PM
I set my resolution manually in conf.ini, the one in My Documents.
You have to disable the cloud in Steam or it will always replace conf.ini with auto-backed-up one.
(Steam tray icon => rightckick =>settings=>Downloads+cloud=>Uncheck the second checkbox from bottom)

CoD kinda works in a window at 2600x996, giving me 90 degrees FoV in the middle monitor + half of the 2 side monitors.

I tried the zoom thing but it doesnt work. First of all, I didnt understand how to hold down the Mouse5 button. On a regular 3 buttons mouse wheel up and wheel down are buttons, OK... but how to hold it? So I changed the assignment to Crtl+Mouse1 but when I hold down Ctrl and Mouse1 (Left, I assume?), move the mouse and nothing happens.

PS: I noticed that CoD works more smoothly in a window than it does on full screen... but it may be me. Or the Triple Head.

Eckhart
04-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Found out how to make zoom work with my setting...:)

1 - go to option and assign another key to "mouse5" (have no clue what mouse5 means): just click twice on it and bind a key from one of your joysticks
2 - take off in your preferred plane and then:
* hold down your special key (see above)
* move your mouse back and forth (no need to hold the middle button or move the wheel).....and VOILA

you will be able to zoom in and out...

Now if somebody can make the throttle work for more than a minute...I would be happy:confused:

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Found out how to make zoom work with my setting...:)

1 - go to option and assign another key to "mouse5" (have no clue what mouse5 means): just click twice on it and bind a key from one of your joysticks
2 - take off in your preferred plane and then:
* hold down your special key (see above)
* move your mouse back and forth (no need to hold the middle button or move the wheel).....and VOILA

you will be able to zoom in and out...

Now if somebody can make the throttle work for more than a minute...I would be happy:confused:

I'm for now just using the 3 fov's for now as zoom. its a shame they didnt include 2 buttons. 1 for zoom in and 1 for zoom out and/or an axis for zoom...

I can remember with il2 1946 i made with my old saitek a profile with all 10 fov's on a dial... how hard is it to bind zoom function to an axis???

tf_neuro
04-01-2011, 03:27 AM
OK FoV adjustment was the key. I kept insisting on 'zoom'.
Thx Eckhart

Kingpinda: sticking with the 3 basic FoV's is not an option for users on 3-monitor setups.

Next: performance. I cant believe I have to run on low settings on a PC that can run RoF at high settings... but that's the stuff for a different whi... I mean, thread.
(but OK, there's lots of stuff I can try before I start whining)

kingpinda
04-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Are you using 1 or 2 graphics cards for your 3 monitor setup? if you are able to just use 1, performance may rise. I read alot about this on the eagle dynamics forums regarding eyefinity and/or touschreen helios setups. presumably the extra graphics card results in more bandwith which effects the overall performance negatively. This would however be because optimization is not optimal.

llama_thumper
09-09-2011, 03:55 PM
hi guys, any update on this? looking to get a triple monitor display set up, most probably with triplehead2go, hence interested whether this is working properly (a la il-2 style) now?

stm_God
03-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Hi Guys

I need help with setting up my triple monitors. I tried changing the resolution in the conf.ini, but steam changes it back even if i don't have the steam cloud update klicked.
I have a
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro with a core i5 3.3GHz with 16 Gb of DRAM and two Zotac NVIDIA GEforce GTX 570 wirh 1.28 Gb each and yes they are interconnected and yes all other programs work out of the blocks. Almost...

Any hints?

~Deacon
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I just set my to surround in the Nvidia control panel and I've not had an issue with using triple monitors...

335th_GRAthos
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Guys

I need help with setting up my triple monitors. I tried changing the resolution in the conf.ini, but steam changes it back even if i don't have the steam cloud update klicked.
I have a
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro with a core i5 3.3GHz with 16 Gb of DRAM and two Zotac NVIDIA GEforce GTX 570 wirh 1.28 Gb each and yes they are interconnected and yes all other programs work out of the blocks. Almost...

Any hints?

Tripple monitors here, using TrippleHad2Go, no problems. But also no real three monitor view as we had in IL2 :(

Easy setup:
Set your desktop screen to 3840x1024
Run CoD in WINDOW mode 800x600
Use the mouse to expand the CoD window to suit your needs ;)
Do not use SLI as it causes stutters.
The result should like like this...

(sorry for the big picture...)
http://grathos.de/temp/CoD/CoD_3840x1024_3072x1024_SLI_REPKA01.jpg

~S~