PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server

BuRNeR
03-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Hi,
I am sure that many problems will fixed in the next weeks but my question is:
where is the dedicated server ?
Will it come in the next weeks as a separate download ?
B.t.w. the ingame browser doesn´t work for me. Any hint for it ? (yes, i´ve disabled my firewall before to test it ;).)

With best regards

BuRNeR

scorpac
03-31-2011, 12:07 PM
same question for me... cant find any server

BuRNeR
04-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Luthier, any news of the dedicated server or the lobby system ?

Wurschtie
04-01-2011, 01:39 AM
We already managed to start several multiplayer sessions.

Be sure to forward the port when hosting (defaults to 27015 if i remember correctly). Then start the server, load a map, and let the others join. They should then get menu entries where they can choose sides and pick planes (in a windows shell - how neat is that ...) As soon as you click 'select' on a plane, you are transferred right into the - let's say - action ...

The dedicated server files were not findable. We suppose that it is like in the old days: Have a copy of the game running on the server, load it via the menu, but don't hop into a plane. I could be wrong though ...

madrebel
04-02-2011, 01:38 AM
need a linux dedicated server.

madrebel
04-10-2011, 04:49 AM
hello?

Stefem
05-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Add the "-server" parameter to CoD executable

Thee_oddball
05-21-2011, 01:15 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22038

Good news is you can start the server with out modifying the launcher
open a CMD window navigate to the steam folder and type in

steam.exe -silent -login (username) (password) no Brackets! -applaunch 63950 -server
the obove would be nice if it could be made ito some kind of batch file that would auto start as soon as the computer is started.

here are some more commands ,the most intriguing is the -script one however i could not get it t work

Command-line parameters

* -applaunch %id %c - This launches an Game or Application through Steam. Replace the %id with the Game/Application ID number that you want to open up, replace %c with the command line parameters for the game as listed in the Source Games section above.

* -cafeapplaunch - Launch apps in a cyber cafe context (Forces apps to be verified / validated before launch)

* -clearbeta - Opts out of beta participation (in case for some reason it can't be done via settings).

* -complete_install_via_http - Run installation completion over HTTP by default

* -console - Enables the Steam debug console tab

* -ccsyntax - Spew details about the localized strings we load

* -debug_steamapi - enables logging of Steam API functions

* -developer - Undocumented, sets the 'developer' variable to 1. Can be used to open the VGUI editor by pressing F6.
* -fs_log - Log file system accesses
* -fs_target - Set target syntax
* -fs_logbins - Log the binaries we load during operation

* -forceservice - Run Steam Client Service even if Steam has admin rights

* -gameoverlayinject - Sets the method how GameOverlay is injected

* -install %p - Install a product from a specified path (e.g. "D:" for the DVD-ROM drive if D: is one).

* -installer_test - changes installing a retail game to emit all files to install_validate/ folder instead of to the steam cache

* -language %l - Sets the Steam language to the one specified. (Examples: "english", "german")

* -login %u %p - This logs into Steam with the specified Username and Password combination. Replace %u with the username, and %p with the password you want to login with (Steam must be off for this to work.)

* -lognetapi - logs all P2P networking info to log/netapi_log.txt

* -log_voice - writes voice chat data to the logs/voice_log.txt file

* -noasync - Don't use async file operations, run them synchronous instead

* -nocache - This starts steam with no cache (Steam must be off for this to work properly.)

* -no-dwrite - forces vgui to use GDI text even if DWrite support is available

* -script %s - This runs a Steam script. Replace %s with the script filename. All scripts must be in a subdirectory of the Steam folder called test scripts (Steam must be off for this to work.)

* -shutdown - This shuts down (exits) Steam.

* -silent - This suppresses the dialog box that opens when you start steam. It is used when you have Steam set to auto-start when your computer turns on. (Steam must be off for this to work.)

* -single_core - Force Steam to run on your primary CPU only

* -tcp - forces connection to Steam backend to be via TCP

* -voice_quality - sets audio quality, range [1,3]

* -voicerelay - Only allow 'relay' connections for voice (testing).

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...ons#Examples_2

I don't think making an empty steam account and copying the aforementioned files will work because i think steam will tell you "you dont own that game" but i might be wrong

if your going to i would make a il2 folder just like the one you have and drop it in the same location Steam\steamapps\Common and then try the launch method above.

S!

Ataros
05-21-2011, 06:29 AM
steam.exe -silent -login (username) (password) no Brackets! -applaunch 63950

Will this launch server or client?

Did you manage to automate running a missload&battlestart cmd file within Launcher window without having to manually print f start.cmd for instance?

There should be some macros that can 1) switch to launcher window, 2) print in text f start.cmd , but I did not find any yet.

ZaltysZ
05-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I think "-applauch" does not work anymore (removed by Steam update some time ago). Use "-gameidlauch" instead. I.e.:

steam.exe -silent -login username password -gameidlaunch 63950 -server

This will launch a server. By the way, you can omit "-silent" and "-login" (if you have made Steam remember your login before).

Thee_oddball
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Will this launch server or client?

Did you manage to automate running a missload&battlestart cmd file within Launcher window without having to manually print f start.cmd for instance?

There should be some macros that can 1) switch to launcher window, 2) print in text f start.cmd , but I did not find any yet.

thnx for pointing that out..i forgot to add -server :rolleyes:

S!

Thee_oddball
05-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I think "-applauch" does not work anymore (removed by Steam update some time ago). Use "-gameidlauch" instead. I.e.:

steam.exe -silent -login username password -gameidlaunch 63950 -server

This will launch a server. By the way, you can omit "-silent" and "-login" (if you have made Steam remember your login before).

applaunch still works :)