PDA

View Full Version : VSync Issue

Flanker35M
03-31-2011, 11:39 AM
S!

Seems that VSync is not working in Cliffs. I have CCC set to Quality(Always On), but does not enable it. So got the tearing and with TrakcIR it is more visible. I run AMD 6970HD with latest WHQL drivers 11.3 and most of features are application controlled to minimize possibility of conflicts.

Another issue are the strange artifacts on screen, like edges of a square around your plane. Will add a screen when get one uploaded.

jimbop
04-02-2011, 08:40 AM
S!

Seems that VSync is not working in Cliffs. I have CCC set to Quality(Always On), but does not enable it. So got the tearing and with TrakcIR it is more visible. I run AMD 6970HD with latest WHQL drivers 11.3 and most of features are application controlled to minimize possibility of conflicts.

Another issue are the strange artifacts on screen, like edges of a square around your plane. Will add a screen when get one uploaded.

(bump) Has anyone managed to get VSync working? NVIDIA app doesn't make any difference either, first time I've seen that.

Flanker35M
04-02-2011, 09:44 AM
S!

Even if using RadeonPro program does not help to get VSync on.

jimbop
04-02-2011, 09:46 AM
S!

Even if using RadeonPro program does not help to get VSync on.

Yes, nor does Rivatuner's D3DOverrider. Really odd - first game I've seen that D3DOverrider didn't work with. Makes me wonder if the issue isn't actually caused by lack if vsync. It looks pretty convincingly vsync-related to me, though!

I am surprised this hasn't come up before since it is so obvious and nasty (at least on my machine) with freetrack/trackir.

Tacoma74
04-02-2011, 09:47 AM
VSync sucks anyways... lol

But I've never experienced screen tearing so I wouldn't know. Personally I would rather have higher fps and less bog on my system than perfectly aligned frames. But maybe thats just because i don't have a crazy system to run Vsync to its full potential.

jimbop
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
VSync sucks anyways... lol

Yeah but so does screen tearing. Do you have tearing?

Flanker35M
04-02-2011, 09:50 AM
S!

When the patches come out and performance is supposed to be mucho better with working SLI/XFire = I will get a second 6970HD. So with that I should have solid 60FPS most of time(in my dreams) and then I want VSync as I hate tearing with TrackIR.

jimbop
04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
S!

When the patches come out and performance is supposed to be mucho better with working SLI/XFire = I will get a second 6970HD. So with that I should have solid 60FPS most of time(in my dreams) and then I want VSync as I hate tearing with TrackIR.

I'm getting a pretty solid 60 fps at the moment on 1600x900 with everything off/low except model detail, damage decals, visual effects and clouds which are all on/high. And then I started noticing the tearing so you're definitely going to want it on with your second card.

SEE
04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Same here with Nvidia using DX9. Screen tearing and cannot fix.

jimbop
04-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Vsync is working for me now using ToMMTi-Systems SSAA-Tool v1.0 at http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html. It is a pain to install since it needs a restart and selection of a startup mode that doesn't mind unsigned drivers but it is the only thing I have found that works.

You really need to read the readme file of this one, especially this bit:

Currently we have no certificate, to sign the driver files, so you have to start windows vista/win7 with "F8" and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

You must also change the contents of the game.txt file to point to CoD's launcher.exe. Finally, my config.txt file consisted of the following (note the typo in 'TRIPPLE'):

[enabled settings]
SETTING_TRIPPLE_BUFFER
SETTING_VSYNC

[disabled settings]
S_ETTING_FORCE_SSAA=2.0
S_ETTING_LIMIT_FPS=30.0
S_ETTING_FORCEWARP
S_ETTING_FORCEREF

nigelmcelwee
04-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Vsync is working for me now using ToMMTi-Systems SSAA-Tool v1.0 at http://www.tommti-systems.de/start.html. It is a pain to install since it needs a restart and selection of a startup mode that doesn't mind unsigned drivers but it is the only thing I have found that works.

Currently we have no certificate, to sign the driver files, so you have to start windows vista/win7 with "F8" and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

You must also change the contents of the game.txt file to point to CoD's launcher.exe. Finally, my config.txt file consisted of the following (note the typo in 'TRIPPLE'):

[enabled settings]
SETTING_TRIPPLE_BUFFER
SETTING_VSYNC

[disabled settings]
S_ETTING_FORCE_SSAA=2.0
S_ETTING_LIMIT_FPS=30.0
S_ETTING_FORCEWARP
S_ETTING_FORCEREF

all that just for vsync!? I like Vsync but ill pass until they get it sorted LOL

jimbop
04-04-2011, 01:04 PM
all that just for vsync!? I like Vsync but ill pass until they get it sorted LOL

I generally don't like vsync but using head-tracking software in this game results in bad tearing. I doubt it's a high priority for fixing either. It is a lot of hassle, though.

lensman1945
04-04-2011, 02:13 PM
The tearing with TrackIR is spoiling an otherwise reasonable performance for me. It's not too bad over water but over land it's a tad unpleasant.

Let's see what the next updates give us...fingers crossed;)

Major V
04-05-2011, 02:21 AM

[enabled settings]
SETTING_TRIPPLE_BUFFER
SETTING_VSYNC

[disabled settings]
S_ETTING_FORCE_SSAA=2.0
S_ETTING_LIMIT_FPS=30.0
S_ETTING_FORCEWARP
S_ETTING_FORCEREF

Thanks for the tip, jimbop! Much appreciated.

Major V

jimbop
04-05-2011, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the tip, jimbop! Much appreciated.

Major V

So is it working for you, Major V? Vsync is no longer working for me despite above (I swear it was yesterday!) I hope it is not a conflict or requirement with Fraps/nvidia/d3doverrider...

Major V
04-05-2011, 04:17 AM
So is it working for you, Major V? Vsync is no longer working for me despite above (I swear it was yesterday!) I hope it is not a conflict or requirement with Fraps/nvidia/d3doverrider...

No, actually it's not. I was still trying out some different configurations, but so far nothing has worked. And I have an ATI 4870X2. I have used TOMMTI before and know that it can work on my system with certain applications, but so far no dice on CoD.

Major V

Space Communist
04-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Vsync is really never worth it unless you are getting over 60 fps all the time and I think not many people are doing that in this game yet. Tearing is distracting but not as distracting as stutters and low fps.

Ataros
04-05-2011, 02:39 PM
Try maxing out smoothing in Trackir software (50). Also it looks like vsynk works for me when I force it in ATI Tray Tools for my 4890. 25-30 fps but smooth and no rearing.