PDA

View Full Version : Do we get to play MP or watch only?

chokko
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi all,
Both my friend and i have both tried creating servers and connecting. When we load up one of the stock missions (the coop one or dogfight), we get to watch the AI fly about but cant jump in.

How can we participate ?

As a client, i can see the choices under the red "client" title saying:
options, record track and exit

I can choose a pilot and plane in options...but returning to CLIENT menu...still same choices.

As server, i get additional choice 'Fly', but i can only watch the AI.
Smashed the keyboard a bit hoping i would randomly get the right menu up to hop in an aircraft, but it didnt work :)

cheers

MrWandso
04-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I posted a similar problem.
I did try to connect with a friend via steam and direct connection, but after a couple of hours of tinkering we gave up.
We have not gave up on COD altogether, we are patient & have patched 1946 4.10.1. for now.
:)

chappy
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
make sure in your realism settings you have UNCHECKED all check boxes in the aircraft switching section
those boxes DISABLE the ability to switch and join planes once in MP.

once u have done this, when in the server, choose army, then select a plane via the dialog box that opens then u can fly.,

MrWandso
04-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Thankyou chappy, I will try that over the weekend.

mcler002
04-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Thankyou chappy, I will try that over the weekend.

Hey, i had the same problem when i first tried MP

Then after some trail and error... i managed to gain access to all the planes, how...

After you choose an army, click on change your plane, expand the window alittle. Your'll notice that you can double click on the items until you find the aircraft you wish to fly... Sometimes it will jump straight to the aircraft. Other times, after you have made you choice, click fly and hopefully your'll end up in the aircraft.

Cheers

- Check out my Post on IL2 COD MP - have a couple of maps for download!

MrWandso
04-03-2011, 08:47 AM
After you choose an army, click on change your plane, expand the window alittle. Your'll notice that you can double click on the items until you find the aircraft you wish to fly... Sometimes it will jump straight to the aircraft. Other times, after you have made you choice, click fly and hopefully your'll end up in the aircraft.

Cheers
- Check out my Post on IL2 COD MP - have a couple of maps for download!

MP works. :)
Thats what confused me, I forgot to expand the aircraft selection box and click the little arrow to choose your plane.
Thanks
mcler002

scorpac
04-03-2011, 08:57 AM
i heard that you have to go to realism settings and uncheck all the boxes which say that you cant control enemy planes and that stuff, i think thats about 5-6 boxes at the middle bottom of the screen