PDA

View Full Version : Supported Graphics Cards

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi, I was just wondering if you could please tell me if laptop graphics cards will be supported in the future? Through a patch maybe?

I realise there was a list of supported cards, but I ignorantly assumed that my card would be fine as my other specs were OK to play CLoD. :eek:

I am using a Toshiba F60 Laptop running a Nvidia GT330M card with a 24" monitor attached. When the game starts I get the following error : "nvidia windows kernel mode driver 266.64 stopped responding"

What I get is the menu without being able to see pilots or aircraft, and when I go to fly, I get nothing but desktop and sound.

I have also tried updating the drivers.

EDIT: I updated Nvidia drivers to 267.76

================================================== ========
System Specs:

Win 7 32bit
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
2296 MB Total available graphics memory

easyhomewin
03-31-2011, 08:47 AM
This is exactly the same thing i'm getting, hope they are able to release something in order to get it to work.

Doc_uk
03-31-2011, 09:41 AM
im having same problems, very disapointed in this game
Specs
Samsung R780
Key Specs
Product type Desktop replacement
CPU type Core i5-430M
OS family Microsoft Windows
Operating system Windows 7 64 bit
Processor type Core i5-430M
Processor manufacturer Intel
Clock speed 2.26 GHz
Video Output
Graphics processor Nvidia GeForce GT 330M
RAM installed 8 gig DDR3
Storage Hard Drive
Hard drive size 500 Gb

Using 267.76 drivers

Heres my problems with COD
game loads ok
1. pilot options, there is no pilot there, just black box
2. Plane options, There are no planes there just a black box
3. Graphic options, i only have 3 resolutions to chose from
1280x900
1600x900
1920x1080
I have try;d 3 different graphic drivers so far
Now trying to play the game
i try a free flight, game loads with the picture of the 2 tanks on, only take about15 seconds to load,
Then i can here game in the back ground, and i can even use my hotas throttle, and can here the sound of the engine change when i slide it back and forth, But the loading screen wont go away
The picture of the 2 tanks stay there, while the game runs behind it
if anybody can help plz do
regards
Doc

easyhomewin
03-31-2011, 10:18 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819

Might be worth trying the reg fix luthier but on a FAO this morning. I'd give it ago but i'm at work atm, let us know if anyone gets this working.

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Might be worth trying the reg fix luthier but on a FAO this morning. I'd give it ago but i'm at work atm, let us know if anyone gets this working.

I tried this and there is no difference for me, but I am running it on a laptop. Maybe I need to hassle Nvidia for a new GT330M driver for Notebooks? :grin:

Doc_uk
03-31-2011, 01:29 PM
I tried this and there is no difference for me, but I am running it on a laptop. Maybe I need to hassle Nvidia for a new GT330M driver for Notebooks? :grin:
might be worth a shot, but i think, this game should have had support for laptops
regards
Doc

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
Success!

IF you bought the game off Steam as I did, you will need to:

1) Browse to your game folder and find the folder 'redist'.

I found mine here :C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\redist

2) Try running the Direct X installer. ( This was the problem for me, but I had tried running other installers in there too).

So, It works....not perfect, but I am prepared to wait.:grin:

bw_wolverine
03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't think it's all that realistic to think you can get this game running decently on a laptop except for maybe the extreme gaming laptops that some companies make.

Good luck to you though!

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Why not?

I plug a 24" monitor in the side and it runs sweet on IL2.

I am begining to realise that there are a metric shitload of naysayers in this forum and that maybe I should steer clear.

Anyway,are these specs THAT bad? :)

Win 7 32bit
i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 1GB

Doc_uk
03-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Why not?

I am begining to realise that there are a metric shitload of naysayers in this forum and that maybe I should steer clear.

Win 7 32bit
i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
4.00 GB RAM

Yea me 2, i use a 22 syncmaster 1080p pluged into my laptop
can run, Dcs A10c, il2 1946, microft fsx with crap loads of add-ons
and they all run great
But Cod, i just cant get of the load screen, plus the other things i mentioned

And Deadstick, the directx thing never helped, but thanks for trying, at least somones trying to help us
regards
Doc

bw_wolverine
03-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Why not?

Win 7 32bit
i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz
4.00 GB RAM

Oh, I didn't mean it to sound like that. My personal experience with laptops is that they can't compete with desktops with similar specs and if top end desktop machines are struggling with this, I figure there's little hope for a laptop. Maybe mobile graphics solutions have progressed a great deal and there's less of a divide than in the past. As for IL-2, I should hope it would run since the game is pretty old now.

@ Doc_UK: Running DSC-A10 and FSX on laptop is pretty impressive, I must say. Mind if I ask system specs/game settings/fps? I'm just curious to learn. Thinking of maybe trying to put together a gaming laptop, but have resisted in the past since I wasn't confident about running the games I like with enough detail to satisfy me and I already have a Macbook Pro (awful for gaming).

goodwood
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Had the same problem as well as AVG informing me of a virus as part of the loader!
The game ran but the planes and pilots were not displayed and when I ran a mission it would just show the last screen but give me sound.
After an hour of fun i got everything working and thats how it stayed until tonight.
This morning I allowed AVG to pass the software and all ran OK. Tonight I was back to problems, the video driver was reportin that it had crashed under starting the game, a blank screen just before the epi splash screen. I loaded the latest driver as well as the beta driver, still no luck:(
I then left it alone to try for an answer on the net only to suddenly think the only thing I had not done was disable the antivirus.
I tried this and it worked:grin:
Every thing has now slowed though so I'm going to roll the driver back too see if I can get back to a flyable rig:-x
Fingers crossed as it is a stunning game:grin::)
Thanks to every one involved in this venture and my wishes to the few who did this for real:)

Doc_uk
03-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh, I didn't mean it to sound like that. My personal experience with laptops is that they can't compete with desktops with similar specs and if top end desktop machines are struggling with this, I figure there's little hope for a laptop. Maybe mobile graphics solutions have progressed a great deal and there's less of a divide than in the past. As for IL-2, I should hope it would run since the game is pretty old now.

@ Doc_UK: Running DSC-A10 and FSX on laptop is pretty impressive, I must say. Mind if I ask system specs/game settings/fps? I'm just curious to learn. Thinking of maybe trying to put together a gaming laptop, but have resisted in the past since I wasn't confident about running the games I like with enough detail to satisfy me and I already have a Macbook Pro (awful for gaming).

my specs
Specs
Samsung R780
Key Specs
Product type Desktop replacement
CPU type Core i5-430M
OS family Microsoft Windows
Operating system Windows 7 64 bit
Processor type Core i5-430M
Processor manufacturer Intel
Clock speed 2.26 GHz
Video Output
Graphics processor Nvidia GeForce GT 330M
RAM installed 8 gig DDR3
Storage Hard Drive
Hard drive size 500 Gb

That should be ok to run cod, not high settings but mid range setting
As for dsc a10 and fxs ive taking them of to concentrate on this game lol
Bad mistake that was
But dcs A10-c i was running, not maxed, but it was petty impressive
Fsx, was the same not max, but good enough for m8's to go wow at....
you should try gaming laptop, you might just be impressed
regards
Doc

Doc_uk
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Had the same problem as well as AVG informing me of a virus as part of the loader!
The game ran but the planes and pilots were not displayed and when I ran a mission it would just show the last screen but give me sound.
After an hour of fun i got everything working and thats how it stayed until tonight.
Thanks to every one involved in this venture and my wishes to the few who did this for real:)

How did you get the missing planes and pilots to work???

Doc_uk
04-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Bump

Profanicus
04-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi, I am getting the same problem (most of the time) with a Radeon 5870 and the 11.3 Catalyst drivers on win 7 64 bit. The game works but there will no 3d models for the plane/pilot options, and in-game shows the desktop.

For me, it looks like the display driver crashes during the Ubisoft intro video. I do get lucky occasionally and the game actually works 1 time in 3 startups, but then of course the fps is quite poor... :D

Deadstick
04-02-2011, 02:49 AM

@bw_wolverine: Yeah good points there, I did not mean to sound like I was jumping down your throat.

IL2 runs fine on maximum settings for me. I guess I assumed, that since the laptop was under a year old it would be able to handle this.

@Doc_UK : I got them to work by browsing to the folder 'redist' in my game folder, and pretty much running each installer in there. If it said 'repair' or 'uninstall' I just repaired it. But I found that for me, Direct X had not auto-installed in the first place. After I ran that and restarted my PC, it all appeared for me.

Doc_uk
04-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I have try'd just about everything now, To tired to do anything else, so for now im Putting the Game to sleep, Untill a fix is found:(
Regards
Doc

HAZA
04-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I have the F60 Qosmio with the GT 330M and i have the same problems on start up and no graphics althoughI have sound! Not being a computer type how do you go and do the file start thing from with the C drive?
please help!:(
Cheers

Been waiting ages for this game and assumed as bought laptop last year and was told it was a great buy that iy would work!!!

Deadstick
04-07-2011, 01:55 AM
There are more fixes here guys: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20769 :)

HAZA
04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Cheers for that! I followed the link and thankfully it was an idiots guide to computing and I'm now flying. My refresh rate is slow but I'm airbourne at last.

Thanks again! :)