PDA

View Full Version : Steam Australia, downloading now

Tiger27
03-31-2011, 12:27 AM
Last time I checked. it was due for about midnight tonight, but it is already available on Steam for download, mines on it's way, glad I decided to work from home today :grin:

xnomad
03-31-2011, 12:31 AM
Finally the answer I'm looking for!

We run Linux on all our machines here at work and I am right now secretly installing Steam on a company Windows server just to see if the game was available! I can now delete steam and pop home at lunch and get the download started!

jimbop
03-31-2011, 01:02 AM
Last time I checked. it was due for about midnight tonight, but it is already available on Steam for download, mines on it's way, glad I decided to work from home today :grin:

Ah, the old 'work from home', huh? I might be doing the same tomorrow...

xnomad
03-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Bloody windows!

I started the download at lunchtime and discovered that the wireless network card (I installed yesterday) goes to sleep when there is no user activity. I had to phone the wife, get her to wiggle the mouse and then I VNC'ed in and changed the device settings.

(no RDP on Windows home edition.... bloody windows again!)

Now I've still got 1 hour 30 of download time...... I hope it's almost ready when I get home.
Fingers crossed when it is completed that I don't suffer any catastrophic bugs that stop me from playing!

Fockzhound
03-31-2011, 06:16 AM
Downloading from NZ too

xnomad
03-31-2011, 08:09 AM
arggggh still haven't played.

Download finished at 6:30 PM then struggled with anti-virus complaining about a COD dll.

Then got the game main menu, trying to set up the controls but CH manager was being funny, and game wouldn't recognise my pedals/throttle exit game CH manager has crashed. Reboot PC and now Steam is updating COD and won't let me in..... now that is one very annoying thing I completely forgot about Steam!

Who knows if I'll get to play it today, might have to call in sick tomorrow!

Steam has been saying 30 minutes for the last 15 minutes! :(

Feathered_IV
03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Just got home from work. Dropped everything and logged on to Steam. Time Initiated: 7:23 Time remaining 3 hours 46 minutes....

With my 2gb ram it will be like a Friday update, any day I want it. :cool:

Moggy
03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Who would of thought a month or 2 ago, Aussies would be getting the game before some us Brits who had pre-ordered it? I'm not a gambling man but I think I could of made a few quid on that.
Oh and I don't begrudge the fact for a second either.

602Sqn.McLean
03-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Just picked up my collector's edition and put in the CD. Now after all the Steam crap I had to do it's now saying that I have to wait an hour and 25 minutes for it to update before I can play. I'm so pissed off.
I wanted to just have a fly right now and not wait until, god knows what time, before I can. Some people have to work tomorrow.
This really really really sucks.
I used Steam years ago and it sucked. Always updating something. Can someone tell me if I can fly offline against AI and how I do that. Is there a file on the CD that allows me to do it.
I should be happy at the moment. I've waited years and years for this day and now this.

machoo
03-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Don't you hate it when you are at the last 8% of the download left and it gets slower and slower , ffs everyone stop downloading:)

Surprised it's under 4GB , most games are around 7GB+

Tiger27
03-31-2011, 10:43 AM
It was good to get in early only took about 45 mins for mine, then you will spend hours mapping keys and tweaking, I have it where it is now playable on 6 v 6 dogfights, my gc is only an 8800gt so its medium settings as well, still nice though, feels nothing like Il2, IMO.