PDA

View Full Version : il 2 sturmovik: Cliffs of dover (low fps)

Hveding
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
Hey.
Look like i got a very low fps in-game... Even with ultra low settnings.
It's really not possible to play the game... And this is with everything switched off. All graphics settnings to ultra low.

Is this just how it is now days ?
Im going to upgrade from 2 GB ram to 4 gb. Dont know if it will make any difference...

esmiol
03-31-2011, 12:43 AM
the game need to be improved... devs making patch.... i don't know if 2GO of ram more will do something.

MD_Titus
03-31-2011, 12:49 AM
Good processor, not so good card and ram though. Stick some more ram in possibly, and definitely have a look at optimisation tips, patches are also anticipated to improve matters.

Hveding
03-31-2011, 07:29 AM
What should i go for.
Ram og new video card ?

Tacoma74
03-31-2011, 07:38 AM
What should i go for.
Ram og new video card ?

Card. Ram too if you have the extra little bit of cash... its pretty cheap now days. But that 250 just isn't going to cut it... the GTX 560TI or HD 6950 are about the same price and performance, if I were you I would go for one of the two. Great cards.

Hveding
03-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Im low on money... Will the Gainward GeForce GTS 450 512M PhysX CUDA do the job ?
Just wanna play the game on medium settnings.

Tacoma74
03-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Im low on money... Will the Gainward GeForce GTS 450 512M PhysX CUDA do the job ?
Just wanna play the game on medium settnings.

At the very least go with the 1Gb version. The game is going to need all the vRAM it can get. Also if you could afford the GTX 550 it would be even better. It's an extra $30 USD.

Triggaaar
03-31-2011, 07:55 AM
See Luthier's post here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19819)

Hveding
03-31-2011, 08:03 AM
What about Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 then ?
Lol.
I found the ASUS GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB PhysX CUDA for almost the same price as "Gainward GeForce GTS 450 512M PhysX CUDA" xD
Would probably go for this 550Ti. Only thing is, the cooler on GTX550Ti that i found is really bad.
But i could use the cooler that is on my old card (n250 GTS). The Twinfrozr.

Tacoma74
03-31-2011, 08:07 AM
What about Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 then ?

Sounds good! Should get you on track to play the game alot better. During the next couple months there is going to be ALOT of optimization, so you should be able to turn up your settings more over time. Just be sure to keep the game up to date.

Hveding
03-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks for your help! :)

Tacoma74
03-31-2011, 08:31 AM
Thanks for your help! :)

No problem. Your getting about the best bang for the buck. Hope it all works out for you!

Hveding
03-31-2011, 10:15 AM
BUT, i did run the game at full resolution...
Gonna try play at lower resolution when i get home! :)

Fenice_1965
03-31-2011, 10:39 AM
I have almost same hardware with 4gb ram. Unplayable for me. Get a new vidcard.
S

norulz
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
I got very low FPS (10-15) after patching the game. Microfrezes every second...

The biplane in the training missions is completly yellow... even the wheels...

I reinstalled after deleting the 1C folder from my docs... no change. Just doesn't crash anymore when exitin the training mission...

I don't know what to think...

:(

My specs are:

C2D 3GHz
4GB RAM 1066MHz
GT 460

1920x1080

Is there a thread about the patch? ATM I am very disappointed about the mist that the devs are letting to set over this game. I had hopes that after the patch the game will get a bit better... as they said... but... i got (for me) far worse and I don't know what to do...

Rigge1988
03-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Alright, I see other people have problems with their FPS, good, then im not alone!

My specs are:

w7 ultimate 64x
i7-920 @ 2.8ghz
6gb ram
Ati Radeon HD5770 <- the only thing that isn't above the recommended req's.

And just reading the "recommended" requirements makes me sick after trying it out.
So I have two questions.

1. When is the first patch coming?
and
2. Will it overhaul the game optimization?

As of right now, I paid 49.99€ for a slideshow (about 15fps on VERY LOW, and about 2fps on HIGH).
Well maybe you should reconsider develope games on Tianhe-1A in the future and guessing the requirements.

Orpheus
03-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Alright, I see other people have problems with their FPS, good, then im not alone!

My specs are:

w7 ultimate 64x
i7-920 @ 2.8ghz
6gb ram
Ati Radeon HD5770 <- the only thing that isn't above the recommended req's.

And just reading the "recommended" requirements makes me sick after trying it out.
So I have two questions.

1. When is the first patch coming?
and
2. Will it overhaul the game optimization?

As of right now, I paid 49.99€ for a slideshow (about 15fps on VERY LOW, and about 2fps on HIGH).
Well maybe you should reconsider develope games on Tianhe-1A in the future and guessing the requirements.

Similar specs to me, except I'm running Core i5's at 3.6 gig, and I have 4gig RAM. I get the same horrendous framerate, pop-in and juddery controls/skipping. Everything else I've ever played runs fine, and this clunks like hell, even on 1200 x 800, and at 1900 x1200 it's a slideshow.

A 5770 (I have two, but usually just run one - tried both, no difference) is well within the recommended specs and is a fully supported card - it should handle this better than 10-15 FPS ffs?

Really hope this gets fixed somehow as I'm £30 out of pocket for a game I can't play. :sad:

Aty2
03-31-2011, 11:52 PM
my configuration:

asus p5nd
Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.66 GHz
4GB ram 833mhz
2 Nvidia 9800 GTX + in SLI

I play very badly, I can not play, is a machine slide, if I put it in 1024 x 768 and all at the lowest (LOW) I can play but still going very slowly

I do not think that is a problem of equipment, the steam in an upgrade without me asking and not if I could be the cause

RaM85
04-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Maybe this has been already posted many times before, but I played COD with my friends yesterday for the first time. 3 of us have NVidia graphic cards and we all had very low fps issues on mid and (in some cases) low settings. Now, I have an AMD q9450 cpu 4gb RAM DDR3 and a Ge Force GTX 280 and on mid settings with AA x2 in country and sea maps I managed 15-20 fps at best. One of my friends has 8gb RAM and 2 GTX 285 SLI and he can manage my amount of fps only on low settings (wich visually seems like a pre- IL2 Sturmovik game). On the other hand another friend of mine has an almost identical setup of my pc, a part for an equivalent ATI of my GTX 280 (I don't remember the model now), and he manages to play on FULL settings at 25-30 fps.
I saw in different forums and also youtube that ATI cards owners have a much more fluid experience of the game, while Nvidia ones barely manage to play it at all. I really hope the development team fixes this soon also because even in my few fps i can tell that this is an astounding simulator. Peace

pjcnet
04-02-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm afraid upgrading from 2GB to 4GB won't improve performance much as there's a serious problem with the frame rates in this particular game on often powerful PCs, but there's no harm in upgrading as it will speed up Windows and loading times as it will cache more. Under normal circumstances an MSI Geforce n250 GTS graphics card should be good enough to play a game of this quality on at least medium settings, in fact some well optimised games could run even on high settings quite smoothly, but this game has problems and it's not therefore normal circumstances. Ensure however you're always using the latest drivers as you can be surprised how much it can improve performance on some games, unfortunately this isn't sufficient to make this game run well, but it could still improve it somewhat. Getting a better graphics card will help and will make other games run better too, but even some upper end cards still have slow frame rates on this particular game. Graphics cards have recently come down in price too with a good middle of the range DX11 cards costing from £80-£150 (UK price) that will play most new games on high settings and higher end cards are now starting from just over £200, but SHOP AROUND as prices vary greatly, also remember that higher end cards need better PSUs and the best often require a 6 Pin PCI-E and 8 Pin PCI-E power connector, so check all this too. I for instance picked up my Nvidia GTX480 for just over £200 as the release of the improved GTX580 and 500 series cards caused a price crash across the board, but some suppliers are still charging £350+ even now for it (I say again SHOP AROUND), my graphics card is still a very respectable upper end DX11 card that was the best single GPU only 6 months ago and I get very good frame rates on high settings with all the new games I play except this one (The Nvidia GTX480 needs a quality 600W PSU minimum with a 6 Pin PCI-E and 8 Pin PCI-E power connector).

I have an AMD 1055T 6 core processor running overclocked at 3.43 GHZ, a very respectable Nvidia GTX480 1.5GB graphics card (slightly overclocked), 8GB of DDR3 1600MHZ memory and Windows 7 x64. I’m using the very latest graphics drivers and my PC is always very well maintained. My PC specification is well above the official recommended system requirements for running this game, yet the frame rate on very high settings are absolutely dire between 5 to 40 FPS, but averaging only around 12 FPS which is utterly terrible and very choppy to virtually unplayable at times, especially when there’s a lot of scenery. These frame rates are with the epileptic filter off and apparently if you turn this on it can reduce your frame rates considerably even more, so if you have this disability you're in real trouble unless you have a mega gaming PC. The graphics are reasonably good, but I’ve certainly seen better graphics on other games where I get super fast frame rates and it certainly shouldn’t be slowing down on my PC at a middle of the road 1600×900 resolution. I’ve checked and only 2 cores out of 6 are ever used on my processor when playing this game and 1 of the 2 cores used hovers at around 40-50% used, but my GPU usage goes from around 40% to 90% used which is crazy for such dire frame rates and quite a powerful GPU.

I can play numerous high specification games with much better graphics at much MUCH higher frame rates and this game is the odd one out. It certainly needs patching / reprogramming very urgently and in my opinion it isn’t fit for release as it’s below merchantable quality, I therefore urge people who are unhappy to take the product back as you are legally entitled to a full refund under The Sales of Goods Act in the UK and similar consumer laws exist in most countries throughout the world. I have a respectable gaming PC, but this game makes my machine look more like an old Pentium 4 PC with an on board graphics card and there’s really no excuse for this. I’ve even read that some people with even better gaming systems than mine, for instance with a powerful I7 processor and a top of the range Nvidia GTX 580 graphics card are are still experiencing poor frame rates. I could turn the graphics down lower, but why should I when I have way above the recommended system requirements to play on very high settings and even on lower settings my frame rates are still poor and very intermittent? This game is extremely badly programmed to say the very least and my PC most certainly should easily cope with these only reasonably good graphics at their best with good frame rates. Perhaps ATI cards perform better, I don’t know, but most Nvidia cards are reported as having performance problems across the Internet. What happened to quality control and testing? I suspect this game was rushed for release on a set deadline that they didn't want to break, but most people would rather wait longer for a game that works properly. I'm disappointed with UBISOFT.