PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Server?

Devastat
03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok so anybody know how to join a multiplayer server??

scorpac
03-30-2011, 11:35 PM
i cant even find any...

Tiger27
03-31-2011, 01:13 AM
Ok so anybody know how to join a multiplayer server??

Just guessing but as steam is the meeting place for online games there probably wont be any until it is out on Steam which it happily is today.

chappy
03-31-2011, 03:50 AM
3 of us on teamspeak trying to get them to work. no joy

after an hour of trying we've given up. using my game as the server i cant even get into an aircraft, one person can join but has no 'fly' option in the server menu and the other person is just timing out.

epic fail?

Thee_oddball
03-31-2011, 04:47 AM
3 of us on teamspeak trying to get them to work. no joy

after an hour of trying we've given up. using my game as the server i cant even get into an aircraft, one person can join but has no 'fly' option in the server menu and the other person is just timing out.

epic fail?

it does work :) i was on this server tonight ...getting over 80 FPS :):):):):)
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3252690/IL2_CoD_server.html#Post3252690

chappy
03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
ok so on the day of the international release... 2 people got to play online. and that was via a direct connect, not through the server browser... awesome.

Thee_oddball
03-31-2011, 06:01 AM
ok so on the day of the international release... 2 people got to play online. and that was via a direct connect, not through the server browser... awesome.

trust me i was also wondering where! the dedicated server software is...

scorpac
03-31-2011, 08:32 AM
i wanna play online now, so anybody has a server?

mwolf
03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
hm, what is needed to build up a server that is a good question

chappy
03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
so it looks like we're still minus MP playability then

anyone that has actually managed to get a server/ client to work please do tell us how..

scorpac
03-31-2011, 02:08 PM
yes, please

PzMeyer
03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
I tried to host but

1. i seem to have NAT problems
2. i dont know how to disable this damn AI

it tooks me an hour to figure our how to fly in online mode

yet i dont see any multiplayer servers. somehow i am very disappointed although i know there is no dedicated server yet

billeinstein
03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
it seems the russian version can not connect with the EN ver

PzMeyer
03-31-2011, 03:17 PM
i just wonder if something is wrong with my IP settings.

I dont see any servers hosting a game.

can somebody host a game and post IP and Port?

Deadstick
03-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Try Port Forwarding in your router if you are stuck using NAT.

http://www.wikihow.com/Set-up-Port-Forwarding-on-a-Router

Each router is different(try googling your router + port forwarding), but you will find the basic idea above.

The port you want to open for BOB CoD is: 27015.

I hope that helps. There are no servers I can find...yet.

MrR0ket0
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
i just wonder if something is wrong with my IP settings.

I dont see any servers hosting a game.

can somebody host a game and post IP and Port?

Hi there,

doesnt matter at all you cannot host or join multiplayer. A friend of mine and myself tried everything even forcing a lan game via Tunngle (Hamachi) and it still doesnt work. They screwed it up totaly and for those who said they could play online they were lying or they were use the russion version of it (may its differnt, who knows)

so if someone comes up with a soltion for this would be nice if you could post how you did so ...

regards,

MrR0ket0

p.s. oh and yes ... all ports open and firewall was turned off

{dz}
03-31-2011, 05:03 PM
hi,i have same problem as well,i have steam version ,try to find server and nothing comes up...........,hopefully they will fix this quick:evil:

PzMeyer
03-31-2011, 05:45 PM
My Firewall is off too...still no servers. Seems to be a bug i think.
Singleplayer is nice but you get faar better FPS on that smaller dogfight maps even with lots of AI

Meek
03-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Firewall off, port forwarded (both TCP and UDP), nothing, no servers.

Perhaps there are no servers running?

MrR0ket0
03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Ok FINALY MADE IT !!!

This is how it works:

1.go to your Realism options (use Custom settings):

2.Make sure you allow to switch planes, sides and so on ... (checkbox should be empty)

3. Open a Multiplayer server

4. Load a mission from coop folder (obviously theres only 1 mission available but you have the option to open the single folder aswell and choose from there a mission)

5. Wait for you friends to connect THAN press start battle

6. Choose a side and airplane (doubleclick)

7. Press fly and enjoy ...

scorpac
03-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok FINALY MADE IT !!!

This is how it works:

1.go to your Realism options (use Custom settings):

2.Make sure you allow to switch planes, sides and so on ... (checkbox should be empty)

3. Open a Multiplayer server

4. Load a mission from coop folder (obviously theres only 1 mission available but you have the option to open the single folder aswell and choose from there a mission)

5. Wait for you friends to connect THAN press start battle

6. Choose a side and airplane (doubleclick)

7. Press fly and enjoy ...

but there are still no servers in the list.

PzMeyer
03-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Nice but that doesnt solve the problem that nobody can connect or see a server.
I read in russian forum that something got wrong with the patch.
i tried to setup a dedicated server using "-server" in shortcut-targetline but it just shows a steam error lol
could be since matchmaking should be done by steam but it doesnt do somehow.

Curso
03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Nice MrR however doesnt solve the issue with not being able to see any games.

Blackdog_kt
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe there are not enough servers running yet, who knows. I'm waiting for my download to finish so i can start tweaking it and try it out, so i'm just guessing here.

On another note

it does work :) i was on this server tonight ...getting over 80 FPS :):):):):)
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3252690/IL2_CoD_server.html#Post3252690

80 FPS?! So it's true that the processing load is lighter in MP due to not having AI routines to calculate. Either that or you're pulling our leg, but i seriously want to believe you :-P

MrR0ket0
03-31-2011, 09:18 PM

yes and you know why? because (possibly) no one knows how to setup one ...
thats why i posted my little "how to setup a server" post

besides there just a few mission available which makes sense that there is no sever avaiable if they were just playable for a few minutes ...

Richie
03-31-2011, 09:28 PM
I think the Hyperlobby may start hosting COD

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7954

Thee_oddball
03-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Maybe there are not enough servers running yet, who knows. I'm waiting for my download to finish so i can start tweaking it and try it out, so i'm just guessing here.

On another note

80 FPS?! So it's true that the processing load is lighter in MP due to not having AI routines to calculate. Either that or you're pulling our leg, but i seriously want to believe you :-P

no m8 im not pulling you leg :), ill will put a server up in a min, look for my post

MadTommy
04-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Can't get multiplayer to work.

Forwarded the correct port.. tried everything i can think of. Simply cant connect to a server.

Pissed off & frustrated. No help unfortunately here on the forums, no post from the devs about it, what is going on?

I see a few others have got it working.. how?

The above method.. of waiting before you start does not work for me. Myself and friend both on steam, both experienced with getting MP games to work.. no joy.

MrR0ket0
04-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Can't get multiplayer to work.

Forwarded the correct port.. tried everything i can think of. Simply cant connect to a server.

Pissed off & frustrated. No help unfortunately here on the forums, no post from the devs about it, what is going on?

I see a few others have got it working.. how?

The above method.. of waiting before you start does not work for me. Myself and friend both on steam, both experienced with getting MP games to work.. no joy.

Did you changed settings at realism to allow to change sides planes and so on ??? And whats more important *firewall*?

even that if you REALLY followed my instructions you should be able to play online as i did and many other guys aswell

MadTommy
04-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes i 'really' followed your instructions. Unfortunately it didn't help.

I specifically had your post up on my laptop as we tried.. but didn't work.

EDIT: tried again.. got it working this time. Thanks. (MP maps are a joke...really need those new maps soon.)

Ataros
04-03-2011, 11:42 PM

Steam just does not show any games in the browser due to some internal issue. (Beta testers who do not use Steam see server-list in their browser.)

Use Direct Connect instead. It works. Or push Steam to solve the issue.

whoarmongar
04-10-2011, 11:35 AM
This multiplayer connect is probably THE most frustrating part of the game. "Massive 128 player online" was the promise , I will have some of that I thought and so bought the game on its release. Huh. After the patch I saw some servers Whoopee I thought BUT. I can hardly ever see any servers 4 I think is the max i have ever seen and two of those were passworded :( Now the search doesnt even seem to try it used to search for about 5mins but today it is searching for about 30 secs before giving up and telling me theres no servers. Theres servers out there I know this but it refuses to go find them. I have tried dirrect connect to servers I know exist but it just times out. The developers are blaming steam yet with the patch the multiplayer bit started to work (just). Does anyone know if this is steam or the game and can anything be done at my end of the computer to improve the search engine.

Gollum
04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Am I missing something / not searching for servers correctly? I use the multiplayer in game and search for servers under the internet tab. It comes up with two servers but Ive never seen more than 8 or 9 people on at a time.

Is there another place to look or are there really only two servers?

And if there reallly is only two servers up right now where is everyone?

Shooting all these planes down just to find out that half of them ( who I thought could have been non experienced green pilots ) are AI.

-Gollum

mattebubben
04-10-2011, 08:31 PM
i cant find or join servers at all =P

wildone_106
04-16-2011, 11:40 PM
this whole thing is a frakkin mess, I couldn't even just connect to a friend for a simple flight. Seriously I dont have a PHD in networking code, or trying to decipher the menu system:confused: