PDA

View Full Version : Russian Version Playability Review

JG14_Jagr
03-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Ok, using google translate and the Russian forums I was able to get my Russian version running. I have an MSI P67A GD65 Mobo with an i5 2500K OC'd to 4.2G. 8 Gigs or RAM and an ATI 6970 from XFX. All in all a very good gaming system. The game defaulted to all high settings.. its in easy mode and I cannot read enough of the settings to fix that but no matter.

Yesterday I was able to get a Hurricane free flight training mission going and I was very disappointed.. pauses, low FPS, it basically did not seem as though it would be possible to fly in a crowd of planes and actually play.

Today I got an update through steam of about 68 Meg. I was able to disable the anti epilepsy option and I put in some other settings from the 1C Russian site and the Sukhoi site.

I was able to select a single mission, Hurricane against a series of He111's in more of less a head on over water. I selected 9 He111's and 1 wingman.

The graphics were 1920X1200 with a mix of high/med/low settings.

I have a couple of text or communications boxes on the screen that I cannot figure out how to disable but I doubt they do much othr than annoy me.

I loaded the game and ran it and it was just like IL2 at high res with better graphics.. I do not have the FPS numbers but rolling and turning, firing, smoke effects etc.. I never saw a single slow down or pause of any kind.. not 1. I was amazed because it was 100% different from my experience in the training mission.

What it proved to me was that the game is not screwed at the core level, its going to need work to get where I want it, but I think it will be successful once people get the settings figured out and the first patch or 2 is added..

overall Im very optimistic.

Helrza
03-30-2011, 11:13 PM
any chance you could post the link to the 1c russian site with the settings mate?

last night after installing the game, leaving the settings at med and e-filter on i did the same mission, ran very well quite suprisingly on my system, except when i got right up close to the bombers, and it got a bit stuttery, i put this down to the engine flame problem that was quoted in an earlier thread (not sure if this was fixed or not). This morning after the patch i did the same mission with the filter off, ran quite nicelly :D only a tiny bit of stuttering from time to time once up close, but id now put that down to my system being a middle of the run system :) overall im impressed so far, waiting to see how the update patches come along and improve it over time :D

btw, my sys specs - just as an example that the system dont need to be great to run this:

Amd 6000+ x64 athlon dual core
6GB ddr2 xms 2 ram
gts250 1gb gddr3 vid card
Win7 32bit

janik_dk
03-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Ok, using google translate and the Russian forums I was able to get my Russian version running. I have an MSI P67A GD65 Mobo with an i5 2500K OC'd to 4.2G. 8 Gigs or RAM and an ATI 6970 from XFX. All in all a very good gaming system. The game defaulted to all high settings.. its in easy mode and I cannot read enough of the settings to fix that but no matter.

Yesterday I was able to get a Hurricane free flight training mission going and I was very disappointed.. pauses, low FPS, it basically did not seem as though it would be possible to fly in a crowd of planes and actually play.

Today I got an update through steam of about 68 Meg. I was able to disable the anti epilepsy option and I put in some other settings from the 1C Russian site and the Sukhoi site.

I was able to select a single mission, Hurricane against a series of He111's in more of less a head on over water. I selected 9 He111's and 1 wingman.

The graphics were 1920X1200 with a mix of high/med/low settings.

I have a couple of text or communications boxes on the screen that I cannot figure out how to disable but I doubt they do much othr than annoy me.

I loaded the game and ran it and it was just like IL2 at high res with better graphics.. I do not have the FPS numbers but rolling and turning, firing, smoke effects etc.. I never saw a single slow down or pause of any kind.. not 1. I was amazed because it was 100% different from my experience in the training mission.

What it proved to me was that the game is not screwed at the core level, its going to need work to get where I want it, but I think it will be successful once people get the settings figured out and the first patch or 2 is added..

overall Im very optimistic.

Perhaps you could tell what specific settings you are running?

JG14_Jagr
03-30-2011, 11:30 PM
This is the website, if it appears in russian run the link through google translator.. I think it was page 12 or 13 where I got a copy of a guys conf.ini

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D67866%26p%3D1573025%26viewfull%3D1%23%D0 %BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%821573025

Also, I just ran the largest mission I could find, 6 Spits, 8 Hurri's, and then 14 Ju88/111's and 8 109's Smooth as glass..

Complex engine management is another story all together..especially in russian.. my ground crew would be ready to kill me for all the Merlins I'm destroying! :)

Good luck tinkering guys.. I am now quite sure this will work out pretty quickly after glying these missions..

JG14_Jagr
03-30-2011, 11:34 PM
Ok, I think that is the wrong thread.. looking for the right one now..

JG14_Jagr
03-30-2011, 11:49 PM
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3247026/1.html

C:\Users\John\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover <<<<<< This is the directory where the conf.ini will be found that you need to add the line to... I was putting it in the wrong location before.. that may be a big reason why I am seeing the difference.

Helrza
03-30-2011, 11:55 PM
i think that was pre patch for the russian version i used that on. i got the english edition now with the AntiEp flitler switch update. ill have to try that mission that u did :) just to see how it goes now :D

janik_dk
03-31-2011, 12:08 AM
This is the website, if it appears in russian run the link through google translator.. I think it was page 12 or 13 where I got a copy of a guys conf.ini

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sukhoi.ru%2Fforum%2Fshowthread. php%3Ft%3D67866%26p%3D1573025%26viewfull%3D1%23%D0 %BF%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%821573025

Also, I just ran the largest mission I could find, 6 Spits, 8 Hurri's, and then 14 Ju88/111's and 8 109's Smooth as glass..

Complex engine management is another story all together..especially in russian.. my ground crew would be ready to kill me for all the Merlins I'm destroying! :)

Good luck tinkering guys.. I am now quite sure this will work out pretty quickly after glying these missions..

The topic you are linking to doesn't even have 12 pages?
Or do you mean the simHQ topic? In that case, what page?
Thanks a lot :)

Helrza
03-31-2011, 12:27 AM

I just tried this on med settings, if i dont see land in screen, like u said, works like glass :D i guess ill have to turn the settings down for land and stuff. With a bit of tweakin, i think we'll get there :D

JG14_Jagr
03-31-2011, 12:28 AM
The topic you are linking to doesn't even have 12 pages?
Or do you mean the simHQ topic? In that case, what page?
Thanks a lot :)

I'm trying to find it now.. I did a google for something like "removing il2 COD Filter" then got the 1C site..from there I got linked to SimHQ and from there to the Sukhoi site.. I think the Suknoi site had several pages translated into english that had the actual conf.ini files listed..

janik_dk
03-31-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm trying to find it now.. I did a google for something like "removing il2 COD Filter" then got the 1C site..from there I got linked to SimHQ and from there to the Sukhoi site.. I think the Suknoi site had several pages translated into english that had the actual conf.ini files listed..

Thanks for looking into it :)

shoot_the_goose
03-31-2011, 12:33 AM
I had the Russian version on a different account to the english download.The download took a few seconds and updated both copies to english.....chuffed to %^**!!:)

JG14_Jagr
03-31-2011, 01:03 AM
Found the primary thread I pulled the settings from.. I translated with Google Translator.. several things I used were in page 11-14 or so...

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=67857

Thee_oddball
03-31-2011, 01:16 AM
Russian keyboard
http://russian.typeit.org/
free translation
http://www.freetranslation.com/

S!

janik_dk
03-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Found the primary thread I pulled the settings from.. I translated with Google Translator.. several things I used were in page 11-14 or so...

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=67857

Interresting.. did you try this Jagr?

"And exposes its value in accordance with the number of cores a processor, namely:
2 cores - 3
3 core - 7
4 cores - 15
6 cores - 63
8 cores - 255 "

JG14_Jagr
03-31-2011, 09:46 PM
Yes, I put in 15 I did this because somewhere I saw a cut and paste of his conf.ini and I more or less copied his settings.. I can't find it now.. One big thing was the conf.ini to edit is the one in your documents section, not in the steam apps.. I have an i5 2500K so I used the setting for 4 cores and it works..

C:\Users\John\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover