PDA

View Full Version : When will Steam allow download?

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Just checked my steam account and it says 1 day and 1 hour (this was at 5pm), does that mean 6pm tomorrow?!

kimosabi
03-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Most probably midnight. When march 30th turns to march 31st. ;)

Extreme_One
03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Seems like a strange question to me.

By my reckoning, if today is the 30th and at 5pm you were told that it will unlock in 1 day and 1 hour then it will happen at 6pm on the 31st.

To clarify:

It is now 7pm on the 30th and the Steam page says "This game will unlock in approximately 23 hours" so yes it appears that 6pm on the 31st is the time it will be unlocked.

ubermachtig
03-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Seems like a strange question to me.

By my reckoning, if today is the 30th and at 5pm you were told that it will unlock in 1 day and 1 hour then it will happen at 6pm on the 31st.

To clarify:

It is now 7pm on the 30th and the Steam page says "This game will unlock in approximately 23 hours" so yes it appears that 6pm on the 31st is the time it will be unlocked.

It is not a strange question at all. In most cases, games will be downloadable prior the activation. This is due to the high amount of stress 100.000 people downloading a 10Gb file will cause, if done at once.

Extreme_One
03-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Just checked my steam account and it says 1 day and 1 hour (this was at 5pm), does that mean 6pm tomorrow?!

Today @ 5pm + 1 day + 1 hour = 6pm tomorrow.

I suppose the OP was really trying to ask when the game would download prior to release/unlock.

Well I doubt there will be a pre-load as I think we would have seen one by now .. but we may be surprised I suppose.

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah from what i gather its not going to allow until 6pm, which seems very strange to me seen as release is the 31st, not 6PM on the 31st.

NaBkin
03-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Goddammit! And I ordered it the first time on steam just to play it early in the morning... :((

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Me too Nabkin.

Stiboo
03-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Me too....

I've got lots of Steam games, this is the first time ever that a game has not pre-loaded or not available to play midnight !?!

.....and my CE has not arrived in the UK yet.....

This is the worst handled game release EVER !

I was planning to pull a sickie from work tomorrow...what do I do....

ps - nice to see the Extreme One still about, i'm still using your guide to making IL2 in-game tracks !

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Here is what some one on the Steam forums has put -

Short answer: timezones

It unlocks simultaneously for the "international" release region.

For me (Australia), it unlocks at ~5am on the 1st of April, at the same moment it unlocks for you.

It unlocks at midnight somewhere.

That doesnt make sense really, release is the 31st which is 12:01amGMT, if its to coincide with a International release that would be GMT+18 hours.

tomandre81
03-30-2011, 06:54 PM

It says excatcly on Steam when it will download. Days / hours. Go out, have a beer, meet some friends, **** a girl...time goes much faster when you are out ;)

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 06:57 PM
It says excatcly on Steam when it will download. Days / hours. Go out, have a beer, meet some friends, **** a girl...time goes much faster when you are out ;)

Yeah thanks for that :rolleyes:

NaBkin
03-30-2011, 06:58 PM
This "+18" hours are calculated for downloading time when all at once jump on it I guess... :/

Shado
03-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Well people here in the UK have been recieving their collectors editions and activating them via Steam, its a little unfair for us who have purchased the Download version to have to wait any longer, complete shambles.

Crossfade
03-30-2011, 07:29 PM
It May be some thing to do with the patch also just think by this time tomorrow you will have it + the patch(hopefully)

Fangio
03-30-2011, 07:37 PM
There has got to be some way to setup a proxy server or something to mask IP in a manner that will trick this Steam crap into not knowing I am in the US and thus not force me to wait another 3 freaking weeks for this game.

EU folks are playing.... US folks are watching. Sucks.

Fang

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
It May be some thing to do with the patch also just think by this time tomorrow you will have it + the patch(hopefully)

Will take a hell of a long time to download on my shitty 4mb lol.

Devastat
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fangio
EU folks are playing.... US folks are watching. Sucks.

Well you got the iPad 2 first.. :)

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Just got reports of Justflight.com sending out emails with download instructions and serials to activate on Steam (and working) this eve, Why oh why are we getting bummed?!

Fangio
03-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Just got reports of Justflight.com sending out emails with download instructions and serials to activate on Steam (and working) this eve, Why oh why are we getting bummed?!

Hmmmmmmm

I went to justflight.com, clicked on the game, and it did take me to a store screen that would appear to be willing to allow me to download the game.

I have not tried it. Has anyone else? Is this a viable path for us US folks to not have to wait 3 more weeks?

Fang

Strike
03-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Me too....

I was planning to pull a sickie from work tomorrow...what do I do....

Pray your boss isn't an IL-2 fan reading these forums

PzMeyer
03-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Just got an e-mail from getgames.com the CloD is released. Its still 30th march here. Confusing but i am happy. Hope all pilots who pre-ordered from steam will have at midnight too

edit:

just entered my retail code that i got from getgamesgo and entered it at steam and it starts immediately to download since download from steam is much faster. dont understand why steam delay release to their "own" customers

Wynthorpe
03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Pray your boss isn't an IL-2 fan reading these forums

That was my plan for Friday too! I got to much on tomorrow at work to have a day off.

kingpinda
03-31-2011, 04:55 AM
yay just woke up steam didnt automatically install 1 minute after midnight but the install button is there in my steam library!!! i'm downloading as I type. yay when i get home during lunch break i can play :)

whatnot
03-31-2011, 05:26 AM
I'm downloading from Steam now at 550KB / sec! OMG, it's really happening! :grin:

It's going to be tough day from me. I'm working from home with trillion things to do and in one hour I should have brand new IL-2 on a new rig just waiting to be flown! How can I resist?! :o