PDA

View Full Version : Cliff of Dover Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close

iangoh84
03-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi guys,

Australia here...

Just installed., all went ok, I can enter game, change and edit settings.

when i go into training, or enter a mission..etc..

as the loading bar comes up , Then Launcher Crashes!!!:confused: i can DEBUG, send error and DONT send

Any idea why ?.... i can load the game, two il2 tabs appears in my task bar below. Alt Tab on one.. is Blank Black full screen, the 2nd is the game itsself.

i am running win xp SP3, dell vostro 410, quad core 2.66ghz 4g ram.

Any one having this issue? solution ?

Raggz
03-30-2011, 02:00 PM
I had this today myself. Rebooting fixed it!

iangoh84
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I have restarted many a times... same problem..

Laucher crashing all the time, as the mission loads... Grrr!!!!

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I had an issue with ABG telling me steam was a virus (trojan actually) and launcher wouldn't work until I disabled virus checking!

cheers!

fruitbat
03-30-2011, 02:21 PM
lol, everytime i change something in the gfx menu, this happens.

had more crashes with clod in 2 days than il2 in the last 2 years:rolleyes:

Flanker35M
03-30-2011, 02:23 PM
S!

Same here, launcher crashing. Especially if altering Video options.

iangoh84
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
anyone got a solution?

I disabled antivirus..(bit defender) still no good..

ICDP
03-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Go to your CoD folder, usually it can be located somewhere like this:

C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

You should see a file called conf.ini

Delete or rename that file and try restarting CoD.

Also make your you have steam cloud turned off in Steam so that it doesn't keep overwiting the conf.ini with the default one.

iangoh84
03-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Tried that.....

still the same result.. conf.ini gets created again.

what is the reason ?... of launcher crashing ?

Flanker35M
03-30-2011, 03:00 PM
S!

For some reason there are 2 instances of Cliffs running when I got the Launcher error. I launched via Steam so no chance of double start?

Il2Pongo
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
I am seeing this on the RU version as well, seemed to get better when i set the video to the monitors native resolution?
I have a 2500 pixel monitor, I was trying to tone it down to get some better performance.

djwolters
03-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Sometimes it happens that after installing a new game thru Steam you have some file corruption. You can perform an integrity check of the game cache.
Even if the game cache is not corrupt, it sometimes pays of to also check the file cache fragmentation.

Verify integrity of game cache:
1.Load Steam
2.From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3.Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4.Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5.Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If any corruption is found, Steam will re-download any of the files that failed the CRC.

JG52Uther
03-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes my Russian version seems to have 2 launcher windows open as well,one is just a black screen.Had a few instances of having to close the game through the task manager,and crashes if trying to change resolution.

iangoh84
03-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Sometimes it happens that after installing a new game thru Steam you have some file corruption. You can perform an integrity check of the game cache.
Even if the game cache is not corrupt, it sometimes pays of to also check the file cache fragmentation.

Verify integrity of game cache:
1.Load Steam
2.From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3.Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4.Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5.Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If any corruption is found, Steam will re-download any of the files that failed the CRC.

Tried the above, no luck... Launcher Still Crashes..

This is getting painful...

tigerresse
03-31-2011, 07:30 AM
For me it happen before patch randomly but after patch i cant run game anymore Launcher crashes all the time and i check under Manager it crashes every time when reach 200.000K load I even reinstalled my windows xp and same thing before patch i can play after patch lanucher crashes

Talbot
03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
For me it happen before patch randomly but after patch i cant run game anymore Launcher crashes all the time and i check under Manager it crashes every time when reach 200.000K load I even reinstalled my windows xp and same thing before patch i can play after patch lanucher crashes

+1:mad:

engarde
03-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Hi guys,

Australia here...

Just installed., all went ok, I can enter game, change and edit settings.

when i go into training, or enter a mission..etc..

as the loading bar comes up , Then Launcher Crashes!!!:confused: i can DEBUG, send error and DONT send

Any idea why ?.... i can load the game, two il2 tabs appears in my task bar below. Alt Tab on one.. is Blank Black full screen, the 2nd is the game itsself.

i am running win xp SP3, dell vostro 410, quad core 2.66ghz 4g ram.

Any one having this issue? solution ?

i had strange things happening in the sim right after install.

shut down, power off and restart your pc after install, solved everything for me.

mmitch10
03-31-2011, 10:10 PM
I had the same problem; the thing that worked for me was turning off "voice" and "music" in the sound options. It's still a slide show on my old rig, but after a frustrating evening I've finally got it to work!

atheelen
03-31-2011, 11:45 PM
Same problem here. Tried all of the above with no success. I’m getting sick and tired of new releases not working!

What is the fix to this problem!!!

Wolf_Rider
04-01-2011, 06:29 AM
turning SHADOWS on/ off causes the Launcher to crash.

atheelen
04-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Wish I could get into the application to try the shadows on/off

iangoh84
04-01-2011, 07:50 AM
GAME DEVELOPERS!! give us some heads up here please.. :confused::-x:!::eek::evil:

602Sqn.McLean
04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Surely someone from Steam reads this stuff or are they just happy getting my money.
Can't do a thing. Laucher has stopped working is all I get after the crosshairs.
Have not been so disappointed for a long time. Feel so ripped off. Someone from Steam or a Game developer please at least reply. Don't you feel bad that so many people are having the same problems. Imagine all the people who have purchased this product and are not on a forum of some type to see that the whole game is a joke. Must be devestating.
HELP us just out of common decency.

atheelen
04-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Guys I just found out that if you remove the conf.ini from the main app directory and run the game it removes 1 of your activations. after I removed the conf.ini file my ativactions left fell from 2 left to 1 left !! to see yours run the activation.exe.
Who in 1C is looking into this problem ????

iangoh84
04-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Come on.. where is the support, i specificly went to buy this game $$ to support a good cause.... il2 series is the best there is in ww2 flight sims.

hope to see a resolution for us soon...

After All this is the OFFICIAL FORRUM as we all can see on the top of this website. (1C COMPANY)

iangoh84
04-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Even starter the mission editor after it loads... 1 second later...

Launcher Crashed!!!!!

iangoh84
04-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I had it with COD,

here he my peace of mind...

Oleg and team are great... amazing team..

But COD they way they launched it.. is #$@#%@!! sh$#@$#@ T Bl@#$@#% Crap@#$@#$ Totally crap!.

all these problems we are having.. also.. the system requirements..
that was a load of crap also..

what you guys shoud have done is.. we waiting all these years... to release it to the public as a complete game that can be purchase from a retail outlet.. for RRP over 100 AUD, and now be able to play it...

i have bought this myself, now.. i will throw it on a sheft... untill such time,

This is a 100$$$ Beta version that i cant play... its a load of Crap!#@$!!

Why didnt you launch a Beta version to the public ? to test it.. ? i cant beleive you guys are doing this to us!!

i am totally annoyed... Oleg.. you guys.. have dissappointed me on the way COD has been launched... paying Full RRP... and the results...

Not a word from you Dev team in regards to this... :confused:

am i the only one feeling this way ??

Russkly
04-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I had it with COD,

here he my peace of mind...

Oleg and team are great... amazing team..

But COD they way they launched it.. is #$@#%@!! sh$#@$#@ T Bl@#$@#% Crap@#$@#$ Totally crap!.

all these problems we are having.. also.. the system requirements..
that was a load of crap also..

what you guys shoud have done is.. we waiting all these years... to release it to the public as a complete game that can be purchase from a retail outlet.. for RRP over 100 AUD, and now be able to play it...

i have bought this myself, now.. i will throw it on a sheft... untill such time,

This is a 100$$$ Beta version that i cant play... its a load of Crap!#@$!!

Why didnt you launch a Beta version to the public ? to test it.. ? i cant beleive you guys are doing this to us!!

i am totally annoyed... Oleg.. you guys.. have dissappointed me on the way COD has been launched... paying Full RRP... and the results...

Not a word from you Dev team in regards to this... :confused:

am i the only one feeling this way ??

Feel your pain, mate; I was there too:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19874

Without really understanding why, the game is now working for me. Well, at least I can get in and play.

In addition to the advice in the above thread, here's my twopennies worth (no liability, of course!!) - maybe others with more knowledge could verify:

Delete local content via Steam (in Steam go to Games Library; right click the IL2 CoD entry; delete local content).
Delete 1CSoftClub folder in Drive Letter:/Users/your name/My Documents (saving any personalised settings files).
Delete IL2 CoD folder under Drive Letter:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common.
Use CCleaner or something to clean up any legacy registry entries.
Reboot PC
Now you're back to square 1.
Check registry again.
Re-install game.
Run the programs in the redist folder in Drive Letter:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover. Should be DirectX, DotNetFx and VCRedist.
Find Launcher.exe in Drive Letter:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover; right click on it, select Properties and tick Disable Desktop Composition under the Compatibilty tab. This stops Aero, screensavers, etc. from interfering. May not be anything, but it can't hurt.
Reboot PC.
Install latest graphics drivers (and do a Windows Update just in case too).
Reboot.
Disable anti-virus.
Click the IL2 icon and cross your fingers...

I am only a basic user, so use this information at your peril. It's only logic based and not knowledge based.

As I said, I've no idea what the problem was or how it got solved. There was nothing from the devs (not even mentioned in Luthier's 2 dev. update threads), which was a little disappointing given how many people are suffering from various versions of this problem, and that it's slightly more important than framerates at this point IMHO!

Good luck.

R