PDA

View Full Version : pilots radio comms

Sternjaeger
03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
from the few videos I've seen so far they sound quite crappy, possibly worse than the original IL-2, can somebody give some feedback on it please?

Sven
03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
In what aspect is it crappy, that a contact's altitude and bearing are finally given by wingmen? That they are more human like and also tell you less relevant stuff like; He just flew right past me! I'm almost out of ammo!

Sternjaeger
03-30-2011, 03:22 PM
so....far....it....sounded.....like......this..... from.......the........videos

and radio chatter is well appreciated, cos it happened and it was quite intense, especially with Czech and Polish squadrons in the air :)

BigPickle
03-30-2011, 03:48 PM
so....far....it....sounded.....like......this..... from.......the........videos

and radio chatter is well appreciated, cos it happened and it was quite intense, especially with Czech and Polish squadrons in the air :)

you mean bad radio disipline :smile:

Blackdog_kt
03-30-2011, 07:05 PM
From whatever youtube videos i've seen, it seems the "low quality" is just the game modeling the static present in radios of the time.

Sternjaeger
03-30-2011, 07:13 PM
it sounds like the composition of sentences is very mechanical, like: "enemy....bombers....angels.....twenty....two" but then again it's from the videos, so please guys tell me it doesnt sound that bad..

pupaxx
03-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I premise I haven't yet CoD, my toughts are based on the vids posted by the first owner but first impression about speech is not enthusiastic.
4 me the most involving speech & comms system remains that in Shockwave's Battle of Britain II.

Fritz X
03-30-2011, 08:18 PM
it sounds like the composition of sentences is very mechanical, like: "enemy....bombers....angels.....twenty....two"

How different opinions can be. I actually enjoy the little breaks, especially if the pilots are stating an enemy plane count. It actually sounds like they are taking a second to tell you the correct number, pretty natural to me afterall.

What I don't like so much is the very repetitive Luftwaffe comment "Ich hab einen Feind am Arsch" (I've got an enemy on my ass). It's way to overused. Like...

LW-Pilot: Ich hab einen Feind am Arsch, schafft ihn mir vom Hals! (I've got an enemy on my ass, get him off of me)

2 seconds later:

LW-Pilot: Er klebt mir am Arsch! (He's sticking to my ass)

Oh well...

Sternjaeger
03-30-2011, 08:21 PM
How different opinions can be. I actually enjoy the little breaks, especially if the pilots are stating an enemy plane count. It actually sounds like they are taking a second to tell you the correct number, pretty natural to me afterall.

What I don't like so much is the very repetitive Luftwaffe comment "Ich hab einen Feind am Arsch" (I've got an enemy on my ass). It's way to overused. Like...

LW-Pilot: Ich hab einen Feind am Arsch, schafft ihn mir vom Hals! (I've got an enemy on my ass, get him off of me)

2 seconds later:

LW-Pilot: Er klebt mir am Arsch! (He's sticking to my ass)

Oh well...

I hate to break it down to you like this man, but nobody with a IQ over 90 speaks like that on the radio.. only automated answering phones talk like that..

DoolittleRaider
03-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Please post a link to the Video with best (worst) example of the radio chatter about which some folks are complaining, as to realism.

Thanks.

pupaxx
03-30-2011, 09:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCHk9CFgE-U&feature=related

0:38 1:20 1:54 2:27 3:52 4:42

0:38 considerable 4 my taste
Cheers

pupaxx
03-30-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0uTIFCDrfE&feature=related

0:08 :cool::cool::cool:

Blackdog_kt
03-30-2011, 11:05 PM
it sounds like the composition of sentences is very mechanical, like: "enemy....bombers....angels.....twenty....two" but then again it's from the videos, so please guys tell me it doesnt sound that bad..

Ah, now i understand what you mean. Yes, they do seem to take some time in piecing the sentences together from bits and pieces of pre-set phrases. Maybe it's a side-effect of the overall slow-downs experienced with the current early versions, who knows?

DoolittleRaider
03-31-2011, 01:48 AM
I asked for a link to a video with the CLOD radio chatter which is of such concern/complaint.....not BOB2 chatter, which is irrelevant.

thanks