PDA

View Full Version : Russian Version let not Activate EU/US Version!

desastersoft
03-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Guys!

As some others i had ordered the Russian Version and installed by Steam at Saturday. Today i got my EU/US DVD and wanted to install. After Install it was the Russsian Version again.... So i deinstalled, put in DVD, gave in Code and.... Again Russian Version... Did all deleted... But ever the same...

Has anyone a Solution?

Cheers
Thomas

cato_larsen
03-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Check your registry. Might have to delete all info on the game in there.
I had that for ArmA 2 when I bought the german version before int. Release. Had to manually delete registry entries.

Be carefull if you do not know what to do.

Kankkis
03-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Do u use same account with russian version?

Raggz
03-30-2011, 01:22 PM
There was MANY warnings about this on the different forums. You should have made a second steam account and activated the Russian on that one.
Delete everything you find named IL2 sturmovik cliffs of dover including the .ncf files in your steam folder(do a search). But first Uninstall the russian version properly and deactivate it (Not just delete the folder).
You should also delete the 1C folder in "My documents"

You could contact support and enter a ticket.

desastersoft
03-30-2011, 01:26 PM
There was MANY warnings about this on the different forums. You should have made a second steam account and activated the Russian on that one.
You can't activate the same product twice on the same account.

You could contact support and enter a ticket.

I Contacted Steam, but no answer since hours... Hope they help...

Kankkis
03-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Or made new accout for il, not sure have u used your uk version key yet, try it

Raggz
03-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Did steam activate the US key?
Check the cdkey on the right side in steam and see if it is the same key.

desastersoft
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Did steam activate the US key?
Check the cdkey on the right side in steam and see if it is the same key.

Yes, better the German Key, because i am German. It activated but ever the same... RU Version...

JG52Uther
03-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Did you make a seperate steam account before you installed the Russian version,as per the warnings?

desastersoft
03-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Did you make a seperate steam account before you installed the Russian version,as per the warnings?

No, i didnt know about the warnings before.

Kankkis
03-30-2011, 02:34 PM
So now you must make new accout for german il2

MD_Titus
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
reading all of the thread on how to get the russian version, and precautions to take? nah, that's for wusses.

adonys
03-30-2011, 03:11 PM
talk with Steam guys. They should be able to move the russian version to another account, but you'll have to persuade them to do it :)

Vevster
03-30-2011, 03:18 PM
talk with Steam guys. They should be able to move the russian version to another account, but you'll have to persuade them to do it :)

And pay 40 $, that would be ironic :grin:

Ploughman
03-30-2011, 04:11 PM
I forgot to set it up in a differrent account. Looks like I'll be £29.99 out of pocket, ah well, spent more on crap curry.

desastersoft
03-30-2011, 06:21 PM
So now you must make new accout for german il2

NOW i know it, but it does not help, because i have used my DVD BOX Code on same as Russian and you cannot move it... Crazy system...

Kankkis
03-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Are y sure it is used?

I mean it is possible that it used Russian key for new download

FA_Bowman
03-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Just a quick one Guys

And a bit O/T

Even if you do have 2 Stream accounts on 1 machine, when you do install the DVD or Western Stream version, if you already have the Russian version, you will need to rename the folder for your Russian install.

Because Stream will try to install in the same place on a common machine even though there are two seperate accounts.

So change;

D:/Stream/StreamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

To;

D:/Stream/StreamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover_Russian

And then when you do your second install Stream will install to the default location.

However; Once you do this you will not be able to launch the Russion version via Stream you will need to put in a shortcut, also to update you will need to rename you Western install to;

D:/Stream/StreamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover_UK

And change you Russian version back to the default folder name so that Stream can find it again.

Phew

FA_Bowman

JG52Uther
03-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Good to know Bowman thanks!

Ploughman
03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Did you sort your problem out desaster?

adonys
03-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Just a quick one Guys

And a bit O/T

Even if you do have 2 Stream accounts on 1 machine, when you do install the DVD or Western Stream version, if you already have the Russian version, you will need to rename the folder for your Russian install.

Because Stream will try to install in the same place on a common machine even though there are two seperate accounts.

So change;

D:/Stream/StreamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

To;

D:/Stream/StreamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover_Russian

And then when you do your second install Stream will install to the default location.

However; Once you do this you will not be able to launch the Russion version via Stream you will need to put in a shortcut, also to update you will need to rename you Western install to;

D:/Stream/StreamApps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover_UK

And change you Russian version back to the default folder name so that Stream can find it again.

Phew

FA_Bowman

Bowman is right, because Steam doesn't add a localisation info in the game's name (even if it should ,at least when the game's different than EN), you have to manually rename the folders of the game when switching between versions.

THat's a known Steam limitation (still).

dgeorge04
04-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Will try it now..hope it works. Is there somewhere i can order (again) a box dvd (NOT downloaded) copy of the game?? NO STEAM or anything?PLEASE,i miss the old dvd copies

Divebomb
04-02-2011, 03:10 AM
steam is the worst bullshit in existence. why the hell would they go steam only with this.

dgeorge04
04-02-2011, 06:57 PM
found it at :
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3253533/Re_Convert_interface_from_Russ.html

Easy way for those who bought russian version and want to have full english:
1) Download this file (maddox.dll from english version)
http://www.mediafire.com/?w46x14vtc2602vy
2) Put the file in:
...Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\core

That's it.

But still.. DVD box edition?? FORCE FEEDBACK?....

Warhound
05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16366755/maddox.dll