PDA

View Full Version : Australian Steam realease?

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Could some one in Oz please check the release date on steam.

After weeks of being april 1st I checked from work and now it's saying 20th April.

(I'm hoping that it's just having a fit picking up the location of my work IP)

This would really be frustrating as I've cot my physical copy and just waiting for the game to be unlocked!

Cheers!

Codex
03-30-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm flying now!!!!

I bought the CE from EB, got a call yesterday saying it was ready for me to pick up. Installed it and found there was an issue with the CD-Key. I lodged a ticket with Steam Support and was checking it all day.

I get home now, there's still no reply to my ticket but when loading up Steam I found I got a new CD-Key and bingo ... I'm buzzing the Cliffs Of Dover!

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm flying now!!!!

I get home now, there's still no reply to my ticket but when loading up Steam I found I got a new CD-Key and bingo ... I'm buzzing the Cliffs Of Dover!

How did they get the new key to you? was it automatic?

Cheers! Cant wait to get home and try it

jimbop
03-30-2011, 07:26 AM
Could some one in Oz please check the release date on steam.

After weeks of being april 1st I checked from work and now it's saying 20th April.

(I'm hoping that it's just having a fit picking up the location of my work IP)

This would really be frustrating as I've cot my physical copy and just waiting for the game to be unlocked!

Cheers!

My preorder still says 1 day (and a bit).

Codex
03-30-2011, 07:30 AM
How did they get the new key to you? was it automatic?

Cheers! Cant wait to get home and try it

Steam can assign a new CD-Key to any game you have in your account.

Helrza
03-30-2011, 07:38 AM
sorry for the silly question mate, but how did u install from the cd itself? I put it in and it wants to install steam. Do i retry the disc again to install once steam is installed? Thanks for helping a steam installin noob :)

Goanna
03-30-2011, 07:48 AM
Mine still says 1st April release... One of my squadmates got the disc, installed and went off to Steam to validate...15 minute download and when he fired up his game got a message that it wasn't available till 20th April... he's sent a "please explain" off to Steam

Cheers

Goanna

Codex
03-30-2011, 07:59 AM
I installed it directly from the DVD. If you have steam already installed you should be able to cancel the Steam installation and proceed to install IL-2.

Contrary to what many may have thought from a recent UBI message about "no additional software will be needed", many thought that CoD could run without Steam, CoD can not run without Steam, I think what UBI was trying to say is "All the software you need is on the DVD". So if you don't have Steam installed you need to install that first.

Helrza
03-30-2011, 08:11 AM
I installed it directly from the DVD. If you have steam already installed you should be able to cancel the Steam installation and proceed to install IL-2.

Contrary to what many may have thought from a recent UBI message about "no additional software will be needed", many thought that CoD could run without Steam, CoD can not run without Steam, I think what UBI was trying to say is "All the software you need is on the DVD". So if you don't have Steam installed you need to install that first.

sweet as mate, thanks heaps for that info :) ive already installed steam, once i get home from TAFE ill try my hand at installing from the disc :) would i be able to hastle u to where i go in steam to install from the cd?

Raggz
03-30-2011, 08:23 AM
This happened to me to. Received my review copy but CD key was invalid for activation. But it worked after a couple of hours. Didn't think much about until i saw this thread. I checked and indeed i received a different CD key from steam.
Looks like there is a problem with some of the cd keys then!

JG52Krupi
03-30-2011, 08:31 AM
This happend to me to. Received my review copy but CD key was invalid for activation. But it worked after a couple of hours. Didn't think much about untill i saw this thread. I checked and indeed i received a different CD key from steam.

Did you get the new cd key automatically or did you have to email steam?

Purg
03-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Mine's still showing as April 1.

Available: 1 April 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 9 hours

Deadstick
03-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm in New Zealand, and my Steam account shows:

Title: IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
Genre: Simulation
Developer: 1C: Maddox Games
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: 1 Apr 2011
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish
3rd-party DRM: TAGES Solidshield
3 machine activa machine activation limit

:grin:

Feathered_IV
03-30-2011, 09:00 AM
April 1st for me too. 1 Day, 9 hours to go...

Do they let you download the files ahead of time? This is my first foray into Steam so I'm not quite sure of the drill. :confused:

jimbop
03-30-2011, 09:02 AM
April 1st for me too. 1 Day, 9 hours to go...

Do they let you download the files ahead of time? This is my first foray into Steam so I'm not quite sure of the drill. :confused:

Varies from game to game and I haven't seen anything indicating preload for CoD unfortunately. Anyway, remember there is a large patch due just before release time so you would just have to patch it immediately anyway.

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 09:12 AM
Just got home and the release date is back to 1st of april! must have been some confusions with IP numbers at work! Phew!

Sorry for the panic!

Thanks to all!

Codex
03-30-2011, 09:17 AM
sweet as mate, thanks heaps for that info :) ive already installed steam, once i get home from TAFE ill try my hand at installing from the disc :) would i be able to hastle u to where i go in steam to install from the cd?

Yeah no probs

Codex
03-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Seems that people who got the DVD version can fly CoD now. I'm can only assume that they found an issue with the CD-Keys that came with hard-copies and decided to run another batch of keys. I know that with Steam if you buy a game and the key doesn't work they can issue you with a new, provided you take a photo of the CD Key on the packaging as proof.

If you got the digital version then I guess your going to have to wait for Steam to unlock the game. When I bought Dead Space 2 as a digital download I had to wait 2 extra days compared to people who got the hard-copy. No big deal for me but I can understand being impatient for CoD :)

Helrza
03-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Seems that people who got the DVD version can fly CoD now. I'm can only assume that they found an issue with the CD-Keys that came with hard-copies and decided to run another batch of keys.

Yup, mines up and runnin :) Strangly enough, my CD key worked straight off the bat. My squaddies copy also work with the original CD key also...we got lucky i guess :D

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Codex, when you said you got another key, was that the message from steam that said "This is your multiplqayer CD Key for IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover"?

or was it different?

Cheers!

PS sorry for interrupting your flight time! Patch 99% downloaded!

Khamsin
03-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Yup, mines up and runnin :) Strangly enough, my CD key worked straight off the bat. My squaddies copy also work with the original CD key also...we got lucky i guess :D

Same here ... picked it up at EB Games today ... installed from CD, patched and went straight in on my existing licence key.

Whilst playing I have been getting the message "this is your licence key for multiplayer", but of course, haven't even tried multiplayer yet.

Codex
03-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Codex, when you said you got another key, was that the message from steam that said "This is your multiplqayer CD Key for IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover"

Yep that's the one.

Can you post what version number it displays in the main menu. I've got a funny feeling that I missed an update some how, because as soon as I activated it, it went straight into the main menu.

I'll check it tomorrow, got to get some sleep, got busy day at work tomorrow :P

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Hmmm! :(

Steam updated the game but when I click on play, steam window pops up to say it's launching game, the waiting circle pops up and then .... nothing launcher disapears from process list no error messages or nothing!

Not sure what to do?

:(

Skoshi Tiger
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh! Joy!

I got it to work! AVG thought one of the steam processes war a trojan and was blocking it!

All GO!

Helrza
03-30-2011, 02:27 PM
the update work for you? where is the checkbox to dissable the e-filter at mate?? mine updated when i restarted steam, but i aint noticed nothin different :(

Fangio
03-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Dang. It really sucks to read about some folks playing already when I still have almost 3 weeks to wait.

Steam store says.... right now....

Available: April 19th, 2011
This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks, 6 days and 3 hours

Dang

Fang

Purg
03-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Installing the Steam version now. Bounced Steam and it changed from IL2:COD Pre-Order to normal. Looks like it's unlocked for Australia.

jimbop
03-31-2011, 12:56 AM
Installing the Steam version now. Bounced Steam and it changed from IL2:COD Pre-Order to normal. Looks like it's unlocked for Australia.

Sorry, what do you mean by 'bounced steam'?

Tiger27
03-31-2011, 01:03 AM

Yeh decided to work from home today just in case, glad I did, last night it said 1 day 1 hour to release, checked stem this morning and I am downloading now.

Purg
03-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Sorry, what do you mean by 'bounced steam'?

Restarted.

jimbop
03-31-2011, 01:12 AM
Just got back to my computer after a meeting and CoD had installed itself! Good stuff, steam...