PDA

View Full Version : Laptop CoD help needed: sounds but no picture

easyhomewin
03-29-2011, 10:37 PM
Hello people, I could'nt wait for my UK version of CoD to arrive so i give in and got russian version.

The problem; After starting CoD I get the following message before the game loads up from the sys tray;

"Nvidia Kernel Mode (driver version) stopped responding and has recovered"

Then the game loads as normal, all images are fine however when I go to pilot / plane loadout screen the boxes where they appear are black. Then after firing up a mission I just get a black screen but hear sounds, like Charile charles the instructor telling me to fly straight, different engine sounds when changing views, etc

Here are a few things I've done to try to solve the problem, but each have returned with the same problem.

Removing (using device manager/ add-remove then using driversweeper) changing many different nvidia drivers
Updating Chipset driver
Flashing bios
Instaled Windows 7 32bit over 64bit
Reinstalling CoD
Changing CoD Resoultions / putting on lowest settings.

My laptop specs are;
Dell Studio XPS 13
Core 2 Duo P7800 2.53Ghz
Gefarce G210m & 9400m Hybrid SLI
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64bit
500GB HD

I know people will say my graphics card wont be able to hack it and they may have a vaild point, just seems strange I'd expect it least to be able to show gameplay no matter how jerky as Adonys laptop specs were very similar to this and his game is running fine, thing is all other games have been going ok, mafia 2, SH5, CoD Blackops, Crysis 2 demo

Has anybody found or fixed this error before when gaming?
Does anyone know of any tricks I could try (perhaps to the config file) in order to get this game running?.
Also, with the forthcomming arrival of my UK game & the patch will the same thing be likely to happen?

Any help would be very appreciated guys. Im just about ready to give up hope.

adonys
03-30-2011, 04:57 AM
I think the problem is caused by that hybrid SLI video card you have, Geforce G210m & 9400m Hybrid SLI

try disabling one or other of the videocards.

GuillermoZS
03-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Exactly same problem here. I have a MacBook with an nvidia GeForce 9400M. I know this config sucks to play this game but I just wanted to try the game until I get a new computer... I didn´t expect it to run it fine but I don´t get why it cannot load the graphics...

It seems to be a problem with the GF 9400M card... Anyone has a solution?

Thanks!

pstyle
03-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I have exactly the same issue. My card is only a 1GB GeForce 230M.. so maybe it's not chunky anough anyway.

MattyTheFlyer
03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
I have the same problem. I tried Luthier's advice to upgrade graphic card drivers to 270.51 or downgrade to 257.21 but nothing worked :(
(my card is GeForce GT130M)

312_Jura
03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
Have the same issue, just run it in DX9 mode..
Render=D3D9_0

blade122222
03-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I have the same exact issue, but when I start cod I get an error message saying: " Screen driver nvlddmkm stopped working.....(something something)" but then it starts anyway but with this exact problem.

Also tried updating vista and video card drivers but with no luck...

Where in conf. should you add "Render=D3D9_0"?

pstyle
03-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Have the same issue, just run it in DX9 mode..
Render=D3D9_0

waht section of the conf.ini did you put this line?

312_Jura
03-31-2011, 08:08 PM
waht section of the conf.ini did you put this line?
It's already there, under the [window] section, just make it Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0

MattyTheFlyer
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
In the window section I have only these:
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
:) no render

pstyle
03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
It's already there, under the [window] section, just make it Render=D3D9_0 instead of Render=D3D10_0

thanks, although my conf.ini did not have that line already in it....

312_Jura
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
In the window section I have only these:
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
:) no render
Do you have the Russian version, or the International one? I have the Int. one.
Anyway, try to put the line in there..

goodwood
03-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Had the same problem as well as AVG informing me of a virus as part of the loader!
The game ran but the planes and pilots were not displayed and when I ran a mission it would just show the last screen but give me sound.
After an hour of fun i got everything working and thats how it stayed until tonight.
This morning I allowed AVG to pass the software and all ran OK. Tonight I was back to problems, the video driver was reportin that it had crashed under starting the game, a blank screen just before the epi splash screen. I loaded the latest driver as well as the beta driver, still no luck
I then left it alone to try for an answer on the net only to suddenly think the only thing I had not done was disable the antivirus.
I tried this and it worked - for me any way - hope the same works for you:)
Every thing has now slowed though so I'm going to roll the driver back too see if I can get back to a flyable rig
Fingers crossed as it is a stunning game

pstyle
03-31-2011, 08:18 PM
Do you have the Russian version, or the International one? I have the Int. one.
Anyway, try to put the line in there..

I have the steam version, bought from the UK

I'm running windows 7, will it still work in DX9?

MattyTheFlyer
03-31-2011, 08:25 PM
I have the Steam one. Putting line into conf.ini makes no changes :-/ It is soo wrong :(

GuillermoZS
03-31-2011, 08:28 PM
I have the Steam one. Putting line into conf.ini makes no changes :-/ It is soo wrong :(

Same here... doesn´t work :(

dd2000
03-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Same to :(

MattyTheFlyer
03-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Damn! What have we bought?

312_Jura
03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Did you disable the Steam Cloud? (rightclick on the CoD in Steam > Properties > Updates > Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud sync...")
Are you editing the right conf.ini? (c:\Users\xxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\)

pstyle
03-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Did you disable the Steam Cloud? (rightclick on the CoD in Steam > Properties > Updates > Uncheck "Enable Steam Cloud sync...")
Are you editing the right conf.ini? (c:\Users\xxx\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\)

I think maybe it was the wrong conf.ini
Haven't tried it now, but will soon so I'll report back in 30 minutes or so

MattyTheFlyer
03-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Ooohhh I edited conf.ini in the CoD fodler in the Steam one :D I didnt know I should edit the documents one :) Thank you :)

312_Jura
03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
No problem. ;)

dd2000
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM
It's work for me to !!

Thanks !! :razz:

pstyle
03-31-2011, 09:00 PM

that seems to have fixed the problem...
Thanks a lot!

now I just gotta get the joystick working, and sort out FPS issues.

GuillermoZS
03-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Thank you!! I also edited the wrong conf.ini file... I owe you a beer man :grin:

Narrowmark
02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Hello people, I could'nt wait for my UK version of CoD to arrive so i give in and got russian version.

The problem; After starting CoD I get the following message before the game loads up from the sys tray;

"Nvidia Kernel Mode (driver version) stopped responding and has recovered"

Then the game loads as normal, all images are fine however when I go to pilot / plane loadout screen the boxes where they appear are black. Then after firing up a mission I just get a black screen but hear sounds, like Charile charles the instructor telling me to fly straight, different engine sounds when changing views, etc

Here are a few things I've done to try to solve the problem, but each have returned with the same problem.

Removing (using device manager/ add-remove then using driversweeper) changing many different nvidia drivers
Updating Chipset driver
Flashing bios
Instaled Windows 7 32bit over 64bit
Reinstalling CoD
Changing CoD Resoultions / putting on lowest settings.

My laptop specs are;
Dell Studio XPS 13
Core 2 Duo P7800 2.53Ghz
Gefarce G210m & 9400m Hybrid SLI
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 - 64bit
500GB HD

I know people will say my graphics card wont be able to hack it and they may have a vaild point, just seems strange I'd expect it least to be able to show gameplay no matter how jerky as Adonys laptop specs were very similar to this and his game is running fine, thing is all other games have been going ok, mafia 2, SH5, CoD Blackops, Crysis 2 demo

Has anybody found or fixed this error before when gaming?
Does anyone know of any tricks I could try (perhaps to the config file) in order to get this game running?.
Also, with the forthcomming arrival of my UK game & the patch will the same thing be likely to happen?

Any help would be very appreciated guys. Im just about ready to give up hope.

The same thing happened to mine but I have a computer, anyone know how to fix that? when I play on the game it continues to show me the pause menu while i play, but i can clearly hear the sounds.