PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable?

Timeerror
03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
In the simHQ-Forum I read the following

"My computer is an i5 750, 4GBs of RAM, 250 GTS 768 MB and Win 7 64-bit. I. My experience so far is that I cannot, regardless of settings, get any playable frame rate. (with Anti Epilepsy off)

With the res dialed down to 1024 x 768 over water with a single aircraft I can a reasonable 20 Fps however there are still stutters.

Over land with a single aircraft I get about 6 - 10 Fps. Even if I dial every down to Min at this resolution in still unplayable."

If this is true, the game is really unplayable. Over land with a single aircraft just having 6 frames is a really bad performance. As long as this problem occures, I will not buy this game. If all this is true, neither flying nor aiming is possible.

Achilles97
03-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Yikes :(

I would say the bottleneck in the quoted system in the video card, but still, that's not a bad video card...

I wish someone would do an organized benchmark with different configurations so we can see how the game scales with different settings and hardware.

Nike-it
03-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I think this guy has some problems with hardware. I got almost same results on P4, 2 gb and 8800GT at low settings.

Fenice_1965
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
Hmmm I have also GTS 250, Phenom quad core, 4 gb ram, win 7 32 and have serious frame rate issues, like he has.
Anyway I'm still tweaking, but the first impression is exactly that.......unplayable.
~S~

Oldschool61
03-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Hmmm I have also GTS 250, Phenom quad core, 4 gb ram, win 7 32 and have serious frame rate issues, like he has.
Anyway I'm still tweaking, but the first impression is exactly that.......unplayable.
~S~

Likely the code is very far from optimized. IT should run at med settings on these systems at 1024x768 if not they should bring in a more experienced programmer to fix the code. Or they need to turn down some physics so as to not overburden cpu. If RoF and Wings of prey can play fluidly with these types CoD shouldnt be to far behind. Bring in some consultants if you have to 1C to iron out the code so it works!!

kingpinda
03-29-2011, 02:28 PM
I know i'll be looking at a complete reinstall of win7. Been putting it off. I might leave some room on my windows HDD (sas 15k rpm drive) Maybe some day i will buy a nice SSD for windows and a few demanding games.

What I can tell from beta forums like DCS a-10c that YES its usually enduser computer related problems. Even bios settings might be relevant.

Someone with nearly the same rig as someone else might be having much more frames then the other. Also everybody always assumes at first it must be graphic card related.

From what I can tell these games are far from being optimized for multiple cores. So a dual core with higher ghz might be better than a quad/octa what have you with less ghz etc.

Ussually HDD are the bottleneck. then cpu and then graphic card and then memory. Not to mention all the driver mess in your register etc.

Kwiatek
03-29-2011, 03:15 PM
The truth is that game in actually state is unplayable even for people with very good hardware. It is sure.

It is not epylepsy filter. It is just very bad optimalization. Also questionable is if game engine could use more then 1 core of processor? Looking for core usage it is clearly that COD is very close to IL2 processor usage which use only 1 core. ROF for example use near 100% of Dual Core Processor ( 2 cores).

Question is if it would be ever possible to make by developers these game playable at medium hardware systems? Looking how work game now it is very dubfull. Maby if game engine will be able to use multiplay cores of processor it would be possible. We will see soon. So before buying these game i will wait for some patches to check if these game will be playable for me or not. If situation wouldn't be change significantly there will be no sense to buy these game. Just all.

To comparsion ROF game could use multiplay cores and game is very playable even with my old 8800 GT and Dual Core 3 Ghz , 4 GB Ram and with even low to medium settings it still looks beautfully - planes look the same like with high settings, lands and water looks very good and you cant fly trought any single tree and game physisc is very high. And ROF was made by novice team not professional one.

Fenice_1965
03-29-2011, 03:22 PM
To be honest I have to tell that I'm obliged to play it at 1920X1080, since I have an LCD TV as a monitor.
Maybe people playing at lower resolutions get different results.
Anyway Full HD is almost a standard right now and should be considered as a normal option in 2011.
~S~

Oldschool61
03-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I think this guy has some problems with hardware. I got almost same results on P4, 2 gb and 8800GT at low settings.

I dont think the problems are his hardware I think its with poorly coded software that needs major tweaking. Lets hope the 1C programmer has the
required skills to improve the code if not 1c/Ubi better get some expert temps with graphics/game coding experiance.

Devastat
03-29-2011, 04:02 PM
920 i7, 12gb ram, ati radeon hd5850 -> Epilepsy filter off

Totally playable when having up to 6 planes in the air. Average fps very good (at least above the canal).

More than 6 planes -> becomes a slideshow when combatting.

BigPickle
03-29-2011, 04:39 PM
so how on earth did the devs take video oh wait a min...
I was hoping my system would handle this game, but if i7's and later cards are struggling then i think i'm gonna be sad on the 31st :( holding out hope the patch will improve the fps.

GnigruH
03-29-2011, 05:25 PM
920 i7, 12gb ram, ati radeon hd5850 -> Epilepsy filter off

Totally playable when having up to 6 planes in the air. Average fps very good (at least above the canal).

More than 6 planes -> becomes a slideshow when combatting.

Whhoooa! Six planes!
SIX!
6!
That's what I call Batttle of Britain! ;)

And ppl were complaining about 'small' bomber formations available in single player... You won't see even these 'small' 30 aircraft formations in this game soon, I'm afraid.

I dont think the problems are his hardware I think its with poorly coded software that needs major tweaking. Lets hope the 1C programmer has the required skills to improve the code
I still don't understand why haven't he done this already. If they can improve the fps significantly in a few days, why it was not done earlier, like... before the release?
Does 1c have only one capable programmer, and if he's ill the games are not being optimized?
Well, it could be the reason I think ;)