PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Stutters

Timeerror
03-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi everybody,

I have on questions concerning the stutters. Will the patch - which will come out on 30 or 31 March - solve the problem with the stutters.

A simple yes or no would be sufficient.

Thank you very much

DarkAdrien
03-29-2011, 08:49 AM
You should not await miracles : stutters are different from one rig to another, have different causes, and can have different solutions. It is unlikely they will all be fixed with the very first patch.

In my case, the main issue seems to be HDD workload. Every time CoD is stuttering, my HDD led is flickering. It could be very interesting to install CoD on an SSD Drive to see if things improve.

adonys
03-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Actually I think getting a SSD and a 2 GB video memory card are the best investments you can make for Il2 CoD (assuming you already have at least 4 GB of RAM).

SG1_Gunkan
03-29-2011, 09:27 AM
You don't need an SSD, the IL2:CoD load much faster than IL2, it's amazing how optimized it is in the loading times. I remember the long long loading times in the first version of Rise Of Flight.

Timeerror
03-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi,

o.k fine, but playing CoD with these stutters seems to be impossible. Therefore, one further question: Is it possible to avoid the stutters by reducing the resolution or redusing the details?

Wurschtie
03-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Can someone verify that the stutters are partly or completely gone when using an ssd? Because then I would kind of prepone buying one ... :grin: