PDA

View Full Version : Cannot not activate game

smokincrater
03-29-2011, 06:54 AM
Pherhaps it is just me nut when installing the game I put in the correct key. Steam loaded the game. When asked to activate the game with the serial number provided. I reenter the key and it says not valid contavt customer support!

does anyone have any suggestions?

*Buzzsaw*
03-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Salute

Steam won't let you activate till the release date in your area.

smokincrater
03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
I picked it up from the shop today. So it will bloody activate or it`s going back for a full refund.

Meusli
03-29-2011, 09:47 AM
I picked it up from the shop today. So it will bloody activate or it`s going back for a full refund.

Yeah it won't go active till 2 days 8 hours from now. :(

tagTaken2
03-29-2011, 10:19 AM

I bought mine today on the understanding that it wouldn't activate until the 31st, and that I also wouldn't have to worry about not getting a copy on the 31st.
Sorry, hard to tell if you're joking or not.

Skoshi Tiger
03-29-2011, 10:38 AM
As I picked up my collectors edition I mention the fact to the sales man. He said hadn't been told about this by Ubi then and asked if I could give him a call when my copy activated!

Cheers!

FS~Hawks
03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
The only thing is on steam it will not be out till April 1st but we are meant have it on the 31st. I hope we dont have to wait 1 day the U.S. are 1 day behind us.(Friday here it is still Thursday there) :!:

TheGrunch
03-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Haha, not their fault that you're in a different time zone. :) You'll get it exactly the same time as everyone else (apart from the US), i.e. about 6pm on the 31st UTC.

Matt255
03-29-2011, 03:09 PM
So it will bloody activate or it`s going back for a full refund.
Bring it back tomorrow and buy it again on thursday then. Seems like the only logical solution to this problem.

The only thing is on steam it will not be out till April 1st
On Steam it will be out on March 31st. Atleast were i live.

Flanker35M
03-29-2011, 04:17 PM
S!

Same here, Error 1001 Invalid CD Key :( I hope it is related to release, but how can a guy play it already as seen on this forum..:confused:

bw_wolverine
03-29-2011, 04:47 PM
S!

Same here, Error 1001 Invalid CD Key :( I hope it is related to release, but how can a guy play it already as seen on this forum..:confused:

They likely managed to get the Russian version which would validate through that region's Steam servers. Russian version is out since 25th.

Novfanaion
03-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Cannot not activate the game?
That's a double-negative, making it positive.
So, you can activate the game.
:rolleyes:

_RAAF_Smouch
03-29-2011, 10:42 PM
For Hawks,

At the time of this post, I have pre purchased through Steam and it says in the store section:

"this game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 19 hours".

Which I estimate to be about 4.am AEDT on the 1st of April. And if what I have read correct them that will also be the same time that those who have a hard copy will be able to activate it.

Not some sort of weird joke I hope. :-P

FS~Hawks
03-30-2011, 08:07 AM
For Hawks,

At the time of this post, I have pre purchased through Steam and it says in the store section:

"this game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 19 hours".

Which I estimate to be about 4.am AEDT on the 1st of April. And if what I have read correct them that will also be the same time that those who have a hard copy will be able to activate it.

Not some sort of weird joke I hope. :-P

Yep thanks mate still sux if we cant play single player tho

zauii
03-30-2011, 11:01 AM

You're joking right?
No you won't be able to activate it until its release on steam, its always released in a controlled way on steam with timezones, now live with it.

ckolonko
03-31-2011, 10:56 AM
If I activate the game on one PC then buy another one because it does not work Will I be able to transfer the activation to the new PC?

caprera
03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Activation refers to the copy not the Pc so...

ckolonko
03-31-2011, 11:55 AM
So it will work on any PC i install it to as long as I remember my Steam login details.

Blackdog_kt
03-31-2011, 12:08 PM
You're joking right?
No you won't be able to activate it until its release on steam, its always released in a controlled way on steam with timezones, now live with it.

Excuse me, put the "live with it" attitude is getting stale. I'm not saying we didn't know, although we learned very late in the pre-release cycle. Also, the game's been in development for 6 years, so if i had it in my hands i wouldn't take it back only to buy it the next day.

I'm just saying it's stupid the way it works. If you pay for it you should be able to play it, no questions asked. If Steam was just an online distribution platform it would be fine, it's just that there's layers upon layers of conditionals that makes it a royal pain in the balls to deal with for many people.

"Live "with it" is not helping anyone: we're stuck with a system that doesn't suit our needs and you're stuck with listening to our complaints.

There's a lot of people who bought the game out of support for maddox games but would still want it to be optional, we're just giving the developers some time to work on the important stuff first (optimizations ,etc), but you're gonna be hearing about it again in the not too distant future. How about you live with that? ;)

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-01-2011, 12:19 AM
I have the same problem

Kozi
04-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I purchased the collectors edition in Australia on the 30th March and my CD key was rejected too. I thought it was because Steam wasn't releasing the game until 1st April.

However I did work out the issue and got to play the game.:cool:

1. Log in to your Steam account.
2. Go to your Library and you will see the game listed.
3. Right click on the game to bring up a menu.
4. Select 'view game CD key'
5. You will find this CD key is different to the one that came with the boxed game. You can click the button on the bottom of the window to copy this CD Key to the clipboard. Paste this Key in the 'activate game' window and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.

1.JaVA_Sharp
04-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I purchased the collectors edition in Australia on the 30th March and my CD key was rejected too. I thought it was because Steam wasn't releasing the game until 1st April.

However I did work out the issue and got to play the game.:cool:

1. Log in to your Steam account.
2. Go to your Library and you will see the game listed.
3. Right click on the game to bring up a menu.
4. Select 'view game CD key'
5. You will find this CD key is different to the one that came with the boxed game. You can click the button on the bottom of the window to copy this CD Key to the clipboard. Paste this Key in the 'activate game' window and you should be good to go!

Hope this helps.

unfortunately this is how my problems started....

Tvrdi
04-02-2011, 04:29 PM
purchased today (getgamesgo.com), downloaded game, installed and verified steam account, but when I put my game key (which I received on email) steam says it not a valid code...???

Mysticpuma
04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Exactly the same here;

Entered the Code and Steam let me download and install the Game. Try to launch it, goes through verification "Please Enter Serial Number", I enter it....Invalid Code! Please contact Customer Support?

Seems like a lot of people here have the same issue. I am based in the UK...it was released here wasn't it?

Cheers, MP

Mysticpuma
04-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Sorted.

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful".

Cheers, MP

Tvrdi
04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Sorted.

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful".

Cheers, MP

i dont have games in library..nor cd key option on right of the window....

Mysticpuma
04-03-2011, 09:27 AM
"Purchased today (getgamesgo.com), downloaded game, installed and verified steam account, but when I put my game key (which I received on email) steam says it not a valid code...???"

Okay, I think I misread what you did, as I got mine through Steam, not from a retailer.

So, what you may need to do instead is;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library, browse to that game, then tick the box next to it, this will add it to your library, click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

Alternatively;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Activate a product on Steam, Click Next, Enter your download Key that you got to download from Gogamer, Click Next (you should get a product activated already, or thankyou for adding, or downloading updates from Steam....or something similar?). Once that is done click on Games Library, Click on the Game IL2: Cliffs of Dover, Click on CD Key (on right of window) it should say or online activation number is (or something similar) Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."
, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

I am guessing this, as I didn't purchase/download it from outside of Steam, but once you click on CD-Key, it should give you an online activation number, which you then Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation/download code).

I hope that helps, but other than that, it may be down to others who have downloaded outside of Steam to get involved?

Cheers, MP

Tvrdi
04-03-2011, 12:00 PM
"Purchased today (getgamesgo.com), downloaded game, installed and verified steam account, but when I put my game key (which I received on email) steam says it not a valid code...???"

Okay, I think I misread what you did, as I got mine through Steam, not from a retailer.

So, what you may need to do instead is;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Add a Non-Steam Game to my Library, browse to that game, then tick the box next to it, this will add it to your library, click on Games Library, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

Alternatively;

Open Steam (double-click icon), click on Games Library, Activate a product on Steam, Click Next, Enter your download Key that you got to download from Gogamer, Click Next (you should get a product activated already, or thankyou for adding, or downloading updates from Steam....or something similar?). Once that is done click on Games Library, Click on the Game IL2: Cliffs of Dover, Click on CD Key (on right of window) it should say or online activation number is (or something similar) Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."
, Click on CD Key (on right of window), Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation code), Paste into "Please enter your activation code here" window, "Enter", Activation Successful"."

I am guessing this, as I didn't purchase/download it from outside of Steam, but once you click on CD-Key, it should give you an online activation number, which you then Click on Copy to Clipboard (as this number is different to your activation/download code).

I hope that helps, but other than that, it may be down to others who have downloaded outside of Steam to get involved?

Cheers, MP

your suggestion 1 - I cant even try as I didnt install COD on my disc...thers no exe file I can browse to add as non steam game.....I got one file from getgames which automatically downloaded COD. Then I got install button but once I press that button files unpacked (although that was fast unpacking), asked me to choose language version and after that Accep agreement bla bla bla (I clicked YES), then It opened Steam activation window...then when I typed a key (I received via email) it says its invalid product key. I found a download folder but nowhere COD install file just steam install but when I run it its the same as via file I got from them (and downloaded a game)....pfft

and suggestion 2 - I tried wit the same result...

Anyway thanks for trying....I sent an email to getgamesgo customer support....

PS: here is the procedure for install as they advised...I did as they asked:

Your unique activation key for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

Double-click on the file you have downloaded to start the downloading process
Click the 'Start Download' button to begin downloading the program main installer files to your computer
When downloading has completed you will see the ‘Install’ button become active
Click the 'Install' button and follow the on-screen instructions
When prompted, log in to your Steam account
If you don’t have a Steam account, select the option to create a steam account and follow the on-screen instructions
When this is complete you should see the Product Activation Wizard – if it doesn’t come up automatically, run the downloaded file again and click the Install button
Type in your unique activation key and follow the on-screen instructions (this is where it says its invalid product key)
If there are any new updates these will be installed at this point
At the end you will have a shortcut to the game on your desktop and you can run it from there. Alternatively, you will see your game in ‘My Games’ on Steam and you can launch it from there if you want. The game can also be started from the windows start menu in Programs (or All Programs) - Steam
If you need any help with the unlocking process please 'contact our Orders team'

Buzpilot
04-03-2011, 06:59 PM
your suggestion 1 - I cant even try as I didnt install COD on my disc...thers no exe file I can browse to add as non steam game.....I got one file from getgames which automatically downloaded COD. Then I got install button but once I press that button files unpacked (although that was fast unpacking), asked me to choose language version and after that Accep agreement bla bla bla (I clicked YES), then It opened Steam activation window...then when I typed a key (I received via email) it says its invalid product key. I found a download folder but nowhere COD install file just steam install but when I run it its the same as via file I got from them (and downloaded a game)....pfft

Did you run installer as admin?

Tvrdi
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Did you run installer as admin?

yep...but I got a response from customer support....they said they deactivated the key because they cancelled my payment. They said something is wrong with my credit card (in fact I purchased COD for a friend with the same card few days ago). Checked with my bank and everything is ok with my card. So its the Getgamesgo that messed everything. Although guys from customer support are fast and helpful now I need to purchase elsewhere. It seams shop is in big mess. On top of everything now as I picked the sim on direct2drive, download is much faster and everything went fine. pfft....

Gimpymoo
04-04-2011, 08:22 AM

Do you realise how idiotic that sounds?

Snuff_Pidgeon
04-15-2011, 02:14 AM
After purchasing cod from steam at initial realease i have not as yet been able to play cod due to game crashing to desktop. It seems that game loads ok but when i hit the play mission button it all crashhes except for sound?No response from steam as yet and i have latest patch any ideas is my system up to spec? Can someone help to get me going thanks...Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2800 Mhz
2 logical processors
2 physical processors
HyperThreading: Unsupported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Unsupported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Windows 7 (32 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 323 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

DirectX Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll
Driver Version: 8.17.12.7051
DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.12.7051
Driver Date: 26 Mar 2011
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x641
Number of Monitors: 2
Number of Logical Video Cards: 2
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 3840 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 26.65" x 15.00" (30.55" diag)
67.7cm x 38.1cm (77.6cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM: 512 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:
RAM: 2047 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Microphone: Not set
Media Type: DVD
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 600477 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 556945 Mb
Steam Hard Disk Usage: 4027 Mb
OS Install Date: Feb 01 2011
Game Controller: Microsoft PC-joystick driver detected

Installed software:
2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)
2007 Microsoft Office system
Activation Assistant for the 2007 Microsoft Office suites
Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX
Babylon toolbar
COMODO GeekBuddy
COMODO Internet Security
DriverFinder
Google Chrome
Google Earth
Google Earth Plug-in
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Google Update Helper
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
IrfanView (remove only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
Microsoft Office Access MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Access Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Outlook MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office PowerPoint MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Professional Hybrid 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (French) 2007
Microsoft Office Proof (Spanish) 2007
Microsoft Office Proofing (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Publisher MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Shared MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Shared Setup Metadata MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Office Word MUI (English) 2007
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable - 10.0.30319
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK
NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver
NVIDIA 3D Vision Controller Driver 270.47
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 270.51
NVIDIA Control Panel 270.51
NVIDIA Graphics Driver 270.51
NVIDIA Install Application
NVIDIA PhysX
NVIDIA PhysX System Software 9.10.0514
NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver
NVIDIA Update 1.1.33
NVIDIA Update Components
PVSonyDll
RealNetworks - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime
RealPlayer
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
RealUpgrade 1.1
Saitek DirectOutput 5.7.0.24
Saitek SST Programming Software
Security Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969559)
Security Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB969679)
Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (KB2446708)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB969682)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (KB972363)
Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB957789)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB969693)
Security Update for Microsoft Office system 2007 (972581)
Security Update for Microsoft Office system 2007 (KB969613)
Security Update for Microsoft Office system 2007 (KB974234)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Visio Viewer 2007 (KB973709)
Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB969604)
Steam
System Requirements Lab
TrackIR4
TrackIR5
Update for 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)
Update for Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB974810)

kingpinda
04-15-2011, 09:28 AM
I won't know for sure why you crash but going through your data your system looks a bit under par.

2GB RAM?
512 Graphics card (times 2?) Sli isnt working correctly right now.
What CPU you got?

Snuff_Pidgeon
04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
I won't know for sure why you crash but going through your data your system looks a bit under par.

2GB RAM?
512 Graphics card (times 2?) Sli isnt working correctly right now.
What CPU you got? Thanks for reply Kingpinda, yes it is a very average system the cpu is intel core 2 duo.What i need to know is whats blocking the sim from booting is it the graphix card or what??

IbanezLaney
04-16-2011, 08:41 AM
I doubt you will get a fast response from steam at the moment.

Reason 1 - Its not a valve game and the crashing is 1c's issue to fix.

Reason 2 - they are releasing Portal 2 over the next few days so it'll be their main focus.

CBA_Bludawg
04-16-2011, 02:16 PM
heres what i would try, i have gone through this before with steam with Homefront. I reformatted windows installed and updated directx, vid drivers fresh install, check your MOB for bios update as well. then installed Homefront first, tried it and it works fine now, i then installed the rest of my games and np since.
I think your going to need a new vid card man, you can get a good used 260 460 for around 100 to 125 bucks.

Im not sure if you live in the states but i have old pc parts laying around
i would part with pretty cheap. just PM me
cpu Core 2 E8500
1 evga gts 250 1 xfx gtx 250 and 1 evga 260 core 216
couple Asus MOB and DDR2 ram
even some sound cards

Snuff_Pidgeon
04-17-2011, 01:48 AM
heres what i would try, i have gone through this before with steam with Homefront. I reformatted windows installed and updated directx, vid drivers fresh install, check your MOB for bios update as well. then installed Homefront first, tried it and it works fine now, i then installed the rest of my games and np since.
I think your going to need a new vid card man, you can get a good used 260 460 for around 100 to 125 bucks.

Im not sure if you live in the states but i have old pc parts laying around
i would part with pretty cheap. just PM me
cpu Core 2 E8500
1 evga gts 250 1 xfx gtx 250 and 1 evga 260 core 216
couple Asus MOB and DDR2 ram
even some sound cards Thanks for reponse Bludawg, Yeah i thought graphix card most likely problem i will update soon and see how i go.

VF-51_Cobraj
05-09-2011, 03:24 AM
Manually Removing Steam

Warning:

Dealing with your registry requires extreme care. Do not delete anything in your Windows registry that you are unsure about. For this reason, we suggest you only use this option as a last resort.
Exit Steam.

Navigate to your Steam directory. (Typically C:\Program Files\Steam or C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam

If you wish to save your game files for a future installation of Steam, copy your steamapps folder outside of your Steam directory.

Delete all of the contents of your Steam directory.

Go to Start > Run and type in regedit.

For 32-bit operating systems:
In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

For 64-bit operating systems:
In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\.

Right-click on Valve and select Delete.

In the left-hand column of your registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam.
Right-click on Valve select Delete.
Close your Registry Editor.

Jumpy
06-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Pherhaps it is just me nut when installing the game I put in the correct key. Steam loaded the game. When asked to activate the game with the serial number provided. I reenter the key and it says not valid contavt customer support!

does anyone have any suggestions?

I have tried for 4 days to activate my copy of COD. All I get is a "server not available" message. My time is valuable too, and I feel that as a customer I should not have to await the convenience of a third party to use something I have paid good money for. I think that IC Maddox Company should be more concerned with customer service issues. The game is going back to the store tomorrow. Such a pity - I am a IL2-1946 fan (love that game) and was looking forward to this instalment. It seems however, that the end user has been forgotten in the corporate deals. If you bought a new car, would you think it reasonable to be expected to ask for the car keys from someone else every time you wanted to use it? How would you react to a "too busy now, come back later response" when you wanted to use your car? :mad:

Richie
07-19-2011, 06:04 PM
When is the product key for the downloaded version?

Richie
07-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Ok slowly but surely I guess. Now it won't find my joy stick

Richie
07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Got it all figured out now. Seems to be working. Getting pretty good frames with everything on high accept forests with my MSI GTX 560 TI.