PDA

View Full Version : Instuctions on how to turn the filter off on the russian version

Bryan21cag
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM
So i read somewhere that this is how you turn the filter off by adding the AntiEpilepcy = 0 line rite under the BOB line of the INI file located in C:/users/(your name)/MyDocuments/1CSoftClub/IL2 Cliffs of Dover/

can someone please confirm that this is correct. im still not sure if im seeing the props and things as they should be so im not sure this is working but it could just be all the shuddering that is masking the changes.

Thanks

(Example below)

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy = 0
[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0

Tvrdi
03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
I wonder If we put that line in the config.ini of western version.....

Devastat
03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
That should be it, tho you might want to write it all without spaces. Run the game then exit and restart your computer and run the game again and see if there is a difference.

Bowtome
03-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Why restart your computer??

Devastat
03-28-2011, 09:35 AM
I think you should restart the game at least after installation and restart steam after editing the ini file, also remove the cloud steam setting in steam. My game was very stuttery at first and now runs very smooth (in flying solo), so i am a bit confused what "fixed" my game. It was either restarting computer after installation or restarting steam after adding the antiepilepcy line on the info file.

SG1_Gunkan
03-28-2011, 09:41 AM
So i read somewhere that this is how you turn the filter off by adding the AntiEpilepcy = 0 line rite under the BOB line of the INI file located in C:/users/(your name)/MyDocuments/1CSoftClub/IL2 Cliffs of Dover/

can someone please confirm that this is correct. im still not sure if im seeing the props and things as they should be so im not sure this is working but it could just be all the shuddering that is masking the changes.

Thanks

(Example below)

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy = 0
[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0

I tryed but not working for me, and i followed all the steps (no cloud, manual editing the config.ini and son on). I can't see any difference, i have two ideas of why:

1. It's only a placebo, but |Zuti| write it on a forum and i think he is betatester.
2. In high end computer, like mine, you don't see any FPS problems with this filter. With a GTX560 you can run the game at FULL QUALITY and even with AA or anisotropic on. The terrain is like the 2005 forgotten battles one, so it's very easy for actual computer to run it. Only cockpit and big bomber formation looks hard to "move". My computer runs Crysis 2 at 1920x1200 with full quality on and 42FPS, so IL2:CoD it's like candy for western computers. The actual sluttering problem if coming from simulator core, not graphical part.

This is how i run the game in a high end computer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmsslf05KMY

The game only uses 2Gb max memori in the Channel map, i remember the old Finland map of Forgottern Battles to be much hard for memory. And even the mod channel map version needs more memory. They really make an amazing work in IL2:CoD about loading times and system requeriment.

David198502
03-28-2011, 10:01 AM
should i make a space in the conf.ini file like this:
AntiEpilepcy= 0

or like i did:
AntiEpilepcy=0
?????

Bryan21cag
03-28-2011, 10:13 AM
should i make a space in the conf.ini file like this:
AntiEpilepcy= 0

or like i did:
AntiEpilepcy=0
?????

not sure yet i asked adonys this and he thinks it is suppose to have the spaces in it. But then again he is not sure if that line is even working yet as it may require a patch for the game before it will work and even then they might change the name to be spelled correctly after the patch so we may just have to wait and see:)

Bryan21cag
03-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I tryed but not working for me, and i followed all the steps (no cloud, manual editing the config.ini and son on). I can't see any difference, i have two ideas of why:

1. It's only a placebo, but |Zuti| write it on a forum and i think he is betatester.
2. In high end computer, like mine, you don't see any FPS problems with this filter. With a GTX560 you can run the game at FULL QUALITY and even with AA or anisotropic on. The terrain is like the 2005 forgotten battles one, so it's very easy for actual computer to run it. Only cockpit and big bomber formation looks hard to "move". My computer runs Crysis 2 at 1920x1200 with full quality on and 42FPS, so IL2:CoD it's like candy for western computers. The actual sluttering problem if coming from simulator core, not graphical part.

The game only uses 2Gb max memori in the Channel map, i remember the old Finland map of Forgottern Battles to be much hard for memory. And even the mod channel map version needs more memory. They really make an amazing work in IL2:CoD about loading times and system requeriment.

Thank you for posting this yours seems to be running a bit smoother then mine is but i am leaving my crossfire enabled so this might be the cause either way it looks like the finished goods will be just awe inspiring IMHO :)

Gamekeeper
03-28-2011, 10:46 AM
The Anti epilepsy setting is a myth, it doesn't work, it may be an option in the Russian version in the future.

Crossfade
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Looks a bit Laggy to me m8 and textures don't look great eighter .

Thanks for posting

|ZUTI|
03-28-2011, 11:09 AM
It does nothing for me, either way.

Devastat
03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Was just flying over the canal in the morning with spitfire, and noticed that light was reflecting from the sun and I could see the propeller, full speed from inside the cockpit, that is a sign to me that the epilepsy filter is definately off.