PDA

View Full Version : IL2 BoB - settings

adonys
03-27-2011, 02:07 PM
IL2 BoB (Battle of Britain) is the russian version of the IL2 CoD (Cliffs of Dover).

Here are the settings which made the game playable on my crappy London laptop (my monster rig is at home, in Bucharest): ASUS Aspire 5740G (Intel Core 2 i3 330M 2.13 GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 with 500 MB VRAM, 4 GB DDR3, 5400 rotations HDD) with an Windows 7 64 bits Home edition.

With all of these, I can around 15 FPS inside cockpit/30 FPS 3rd view over the channel, in my Huns! (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20400) mission (with 11 aircrafts and around 200 more objects on map), no stuttters.

In order to use them, you need to:
- buy the IL2 BoB (details thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19489))
- disable Windows 7's Aero (just make another display classic profile and switch to it before going into IL2 BoB)
- IF you have at least 8GB memory, disable Windows' Paging file
- disable Steam Cloud (by right clicking the game in Steam Library -> Properties -> Updates -> uncheck Steam Cloud)
- disable Steam Game Community (by right clicking the game in Steam Library -> Properties -> Generals -> uncheck Steam Community)
- in game settings -> video options:
resolution: 1024 x 600 x 32
- fulscreen: off
- model detail: high
- buildings detail: very low
- landscape details: low
- forest: off
- visual effects: high
- anti-aliasing: 2
- damage decals: high
- buildings amount: unlimited (to get rid of stuttering)
- landscape shading: low
- grass: off
- shadows: on
- roads: off
- in game settings -> realism:
full realism excepting:
- antropomorphic control: off
- no AI control: off
- clouds: off (too much of a FPS hit for my tiny laptop)
- in conf.ini (the one from C:/Users/<user_name>/Documents/1C/IL2, NOT the one from IL2 BoB's Steam app folder):
- EpilepsyFilter = 0 (right under section)
- ProcessAffinityMask = 15 (5 if you want it to only work on cores 0 and 2 because you have a processor with 2 cores and 2 hyperthreading cores, 15 for real quad cores and 255 for 4+4 cores. also remember to uncomment the line by removing the ; from the front of it)
- DynamicalLights=0 (default 1)
- VisibilityDistance=0 (default 3)
- ShadowMapSize=1 (default 5)

This is the full conf.ini, as requested. My settings modified settings are bolded (all the manual config.ini ones I've done have the original line commented above with a ;; , as they can't be modified from within the game, at least atm). Also please note that I've disabled the clouds rendering from realism settings (as they are too much of a FPS hit for my poor laptop).

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
;;width=1366
;;width=1024
;;width=800
[B]width=1024
;;height=768
;;height=600
;;height=480
height=600
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=0
ChangeScreenRes=0
posLeft=65
posTop=43

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=16
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=0
LOGTIME=0
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
tickLen=30
;;ProcessAffinityMask=2
ProcessAffinityMask=15
maxTimerTicksInRealTick=20
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
trackIRUse=1
DisableIME=0
culture=en-GB

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
;;DynamicalLights=1
DynamicalLights=0
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=1
LandDetails=0
Sky=3
Forest=0
;;VisibilityDistance=3
VisibilityDistance=0
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=-1
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=-1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
;;ShadowMapSize=5
ShadowMapSize=1
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
;;CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=0
;;TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
;;TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
;;RenderTargetQual=3
RenderTargetQual=2
MSAA=2
MeshStatics=0
MeshStaticsDetail=0
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=6

English text in russian version

unpack the archive (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tsf264xt6p76xyy) directly into your Steam IL2 BoB app's folder (overwriting). Updated the archive due to a folder name spelling error to have the missions with english text (and a partial menu text).

For full english text you need to replace the maddox.ddl with the english version one.

Use JSGME for all replacements, as it will be easier to add/remove them (before a patch, etc).

adonys
03-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Main Menu, Training, Quick Mission Generator, Single and Campaign english screens for reference.

adonys
03-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Video Options, Realism Options, Pilot, Plane, Plane Loadout english screens for reference.

adonys
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Joystick X,Y,Z axis, Joystick throttle axis, Auto rudder off/low/high keys english screens for reference.

Please note that the Control settings have two section (Keys/Axis), switchable between them via the top-left two butons: Keys/Axis.

David198502
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
IL2 BoB (Battle of Britain) is the russian version of the IL2 CoD (Cliffs of Dover).

Here are the settings which made the game playable on my crappy London laptop (my monster rig is at home, in Bucharest): ASUS Aspire 5740G (Intel Core 2 i3 330M 2.13 GHz, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 with 500 MB VRAM, 4 GB DDR3, 5400 rotations HDD) with an Windows 7 64 bits Home edition.

In order to use them, you need to:
- buy the IL2 BoB (details thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19489))
- disable Steam Cloud (by right clicking the game in Steam Library -> Properties -> Updates -> uncheck Steam Cloud)
- disable Steam Game Community (by right clicking the game in Steam Library -> Properties -> Generals -> uncheck Steam Community)
- in game settings -> video options:
resolution: 800x600x32
- fulscreen: off
- model detail: high
- buildings detail: very low
- landscape details: low
- forest: very low
- visual effects: high
- anti-aliasing: off
- damage decals: high
- buildings amount: low
- landscape shading: low
- grass: off
- shadows: on
- roads: off
- in game settings -> realism:
full realism excepting:
- realistic ground collisions: off
- antropomorphic control: off
- no AI control: off
- engine temperature effects: off
- in conf.ini (the one from C:/Users/<user_name>/Documents/1C/IL2, NOT the one from IL2 BoB's Steam app folder):

With all of these, I can around 15 FPS inside cockpit/30 FPS 3rd view over the channel, in a mission with 10 aircrafts, no stuttters.

Missions with english text (and a partial menu text)

unpack the archive (http://www.mediafire.com/?3s68s4xo9sdis6g) directly into your Steam IL2 BoB app's folder (overwriting).

hey adonys!thx again for your knowledge!
btw,if i open the conf.ini(not the one in steam folder) there is no antiepilepcy in the BOB section.

Moggy
03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
I do have a question and it's slightly OT (my apologies). On the Spitfire loadout screen, is that all the options for the ammunition or are there more below the armour piercing rounds on the right side? I only ask as it looks like a scroll bar to the right side of the rounds.

adonys
03-27-2011, 03:29 PM
hey adonys!thx again for your knowledge!
btw,if i open the conf.ini(not the one in steam folder) there is no antiepilepcy in the BOB section.

Yes, there is not, you need to add it manually (exactly as it is, wrongly spelled AntiEpilepcy instead AntiEpilepsy).

David198502
03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
ok thx adonys, i did it. now may you can explain the 3lines if you configure for example the elevator y axis.if one does, then there appear three bars down the screen.i tried to set my joystick to sensitivity 100 and no deadzone. but i dont know what bar is for the sensitivity and which for the deadzone.

Lipton
03-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I do have a question and it's slightly OT (my apologies). On the Spitfire loadout screen, is that all the options for the ammunition or are there more below the armour piercing rounds on the right side? I only ask as it looks like a scroll bar to the right side of the rounds.

How do you guys get to the loadout screen? I can't seem to find it :(

David198502
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
How do you guys get to the loadout screen? I can't seem to find it :(

sorry dont i dont know! i still fly with the roundel markings on my bf and dont know how to change.

adonys
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
by changing the country of the plane

David198502
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
hey adonys! how do i put the mission file in the steam app folder to get the mission description in english??i put it in, but the mission briefings are still in russian

ps:dont know how to change the country

Ploughman
03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
I just get black screens inflight and where there should be objects in the menus, aircraft, aircrew selection. Sob.

Raggz
03-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Anyone using the Warthog managed to make a controller set up?

adonys
03-27-2011, 06:14 PM
I've got a Warthog, but I don't have it in here, in London, only my MSFF2, sorry.

easyhomewin
03-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks adonys for this great guide.

I've been checking these forums for a post like this about a laptop similar to mine. I'm using a dell studio xps 13 with a 210m which according to notebook check website is of similar specs to your radeon. I'm awaiting the UK version so iknow i will have to wait if/when filter it able to be switched off but your findings have been very encouraging.

Just one quick question; I've currently got 4gb ram and was thinking of upgrading to 8gb, as I have clear limitations with GPU does anybody know would this make any difference on CoD as im sure someone mentioned that it can only use 2gb ram at the minute?

adonys
03-27-2011, 06:52 PM
even if is just on 32 bits, it can use up to 4 GB in a 64 bits operating system. And I'm sure if it is not on 64, it will get there, sooner rather than later.

yet, for a laptop with a rather week video card, getting 8 GB of RAM it is overkill, considering the low resolutions in which you can play.

I'd rather save it for a good desktop in your place.

The best thing you can get to upgrade your laptop in order to have IL2 CoD benefit from it, would be a SSD disk. A better processor would be better, but I don't know how much would a really good one, which also fit your motherboard, would be. and maybe a (external) video card..

what about a new laptop :)?!

Thee_oddball
03-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I am getting a avg of around 50fps in the air 44 in combat and around 30 cutting the tops off tree's :-) all default settings with the epi filter set to zero....but i still cant get the soding joystick to work :( funny enough the hat switch is the only thing that works :) :)

Ploughman
03-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Looked into the black screen thing, it's a problem with addressing with dx10 enabled Nvidia 9000 series cards.

Fix (if you can figure it out, I'm still wrapping my head around google translated Russian) is located on this and subsequent pages.

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=67830&page=5

Thee_oddball
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I cant change my screen rez? my only choice 1360x768x32 or x16 anyone else get that?

adonys
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
you can change it by dechecking the fullscreen, or manually from conf.ini

Sauf
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I apologise if this is covered elsewhere, but how are you displaying the menus in English, I assume there is an .ini setting somewhere. Only two things have stopped me ordering the title through Russian channels, the primary being the language barrier presented within the game.

The second is the price and have no idea if anyone can answer my question. Clearly, there is a price difference due to the differing economies. However, does anyone know if Oleg and team will receive more money from the EU version, which is clearly more expensive, or will Ubi pocket the difference? I suspect no one can answer here, however, if the difference goes to UBI I would rather buy the Russian version, and support Oleg and team directly rather than help fil UBI's coffers. But if they will receive a larger revenue from EU sales I will hold off, atm I cannot justify buying one of each in order to increase my support of the team, but would hapily do so at some point should the performance issues be ironed out.

You can not change it to english, we are just buying it to have a copy that does not have the western filter. Think everyone will still buy the english version as well :)

Thee_oddball
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I apologise if this is covered elsewhere, but how are you displaying the menus in English, I assume there is an .ini setting somewhere. Only two things have stopped me ordering the title through Russian channels, the primary being the language barrier presented within the game.

The second is the price and have no idea if anyone can answer my question. Clearly, there is a price difference due to the differing economies. However, does anyone know if Oleg and team will receive more money from the EU version, which is clearly more expensive, or will Ubi pocket the difference? I suspect no one can answer here, however, if the difference goes to UBI I would rather buy the Russian version, and support Oleg and team directly rather than help fil UBI's coffers. But if they will receive a larger revenue from EU sales I will hold off, atm I cannot justify buying one of each in order to increase my support of the team, but would hapily do so at some point should the performance issues be ironed out.

A. we cant get the menus in english yet
B. just buy both versions :) i know Oleg and staff would appreciate it :)

kashwashwa
03-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Does the Anti epilepsy line in the conf.ini not work for anyone else?

I've tried putting it in the documents/1c softclub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover one, in addition to the steamapps conf.ini...

I've seen some people write it this way:
AntiEpilepcy = 0

And some write it this way:
AntiEpilepcy=0

I put one line in, then the other, then both and nothing seems to change at all...

Devastat
03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Doesn't work for me..

svanen
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
kashwashwa: no change for me either, tried both in the user conf.ini

Tried this,

Singleplayer in top, then second choice, choose the 109 and the fly heading 330 out to the sea:

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy = 0 ~23fps

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy=0 ~23fps

[BOB]
Not added ~23fps

Running 1920x1080, all settings max and no AF and no AA

David198502
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
hey guys!i have a problem to solve.
i right clicked while playing.then a window popped up.the first option in that window is the map, but i clicked the second from top by mistake.after that a grey empty window appeared.so i did the same again, this time on purpose, hoping that it will close again.but to my disappointment a second one popped up.i dont know how to get rid of this grey boxes.any suggestion?

kashwashwa
03-27-2011, 08:34 PM
kashwashwa: no change for me either, tried both in the user conf.ini

Tried this,

Singleplayer in top, then second choice, choose the 109 and the fly heading 330 out to the sea:

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy = 0 ~23fps

[BOB]
AntiEpilepcy=0 ~23fps

[BOB]
Not added ~23fps

Running 1920x1080, all settings max and AF 8x no AA

Yeah, according to this site, it does nothing:

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96:anti-epilepsy-filter&catid=31:general&Itemid=41

adonys
03-27-2011, 08:39 PM
hey guys!i have a problem to solve.
i right clicked while playing.then a window popped up.the first option in that window is the map, but i clicked the second from top by mistake.after that a grey empty window appeared.so i did the same again, this time on purpose, hoping that it will close again.but to my disappointment a second one popped up.i dont know how to get rid of this grey boxes.any suggestion?

ALT click on them, to activate them, then close them (by clicking their x button, or right clicking them and select exit from that menu)

svanen
03-27-2011, 08:47 PM
adonys: Do you notice any difference with the AntiEpilepsy=0?

BobTuck
03-27-2011, 08:52 PM
Does the Anti epilepsy line in the conf.ini not work for anyone else?

I've tried putting it in the documents/1c softclub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover one, in addition to the steamapps conf.ini...

I've seen some people write it this way:
AntiEpilepcy = 0

And some write it this way:
AntiEpilepcy=0

I put one line in, then the other, then both and nothing seems to change at all...

I would guess that this needs a patch to work,
and that the steam version of the patch has not yet been released.

Storm of When
03-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Any chance people with the game working acceptably could post conf.ini`s so I can see where i`m going wrong, i`m getting really blocky externals on planes so bad they look like MS CFS1, and i`m deffo not getting multi-core cpu working.

Cheers

Thee_oddball
03-27-2011, 09:35 PM
adonys: Do you notice any difference with the AntiEpilepsy=0?

i did :)

Ploughman
03-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone with a 9XXX Series Nvidia Graphics Card who experiences the 'black screen' and is having trouble solving the problem let me know and I'll try and guide you through the solution.

svanen
03-27-2011, 10:09 PM
i did :)

Could you show us how you conf.ini looks like?

Did you put it in you conf.ini in your user folder?

Devastat
03-27-2011, 10:09 PM
@svanen

No effect, seriously the whole thing is just a rumour and placebo effect to some people.

Geronimo989
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
I just get black screens inflight and where there should be objects in the menus, aircraft, aircrew selection. Sob.

I solved this same problem by installing older nvidia drivers (25819-7-64-[Guru3D.com].exe from guru3d.com)
I have GeForce 9800gt

esmiol
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
i have two graphic card 9800GX2. and i have the black screen bug.... help :)

brp51d
03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Anyone have weapon keys for assignment in russian version? Thanks

Azimech
03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
This topic should be a sticky.

BobTuck
03-28-2011, 12:14 AM
Anyone have weapon keys for assignment in russian version? Thanks

This is what I have in my confuser.ini, regarding keys and my msff2 joystick (which it took a long time to work out!)

[NOTE: not all sections are present here]

[HotKey BOB]
p=pause
Alt F4=exit
Control V=ConsolePaste
Alt X=exit
PrintScreen=ScreenShot
Tab Shift=ConsoleActivate
[HotKey common]
O=door_open
Shift L=csec_lights
A=autopilot
Control O=door_close
Control L=cpri_lights
Control J=door_jettison
Control E=bailout
Alt L=cste_lights
MouseLeft=fire
Control Space=door_toggle
[HotKey pilot]
Z=rudder_leftx
X=rudder_rightx
W=thtl_110
Joystick+Key15=airbrake
Control NumPad-9=site_alt_plus
V=landingflaps_d
Shift BackQuote=engselect_all
Control NumPad-8=site_dist_plus
T=thtl_psicutout
Control NumPad-7=site_spd_plus
Control NumPad-6=site_side_right
R=rad_auto
Control NumPad-5=site_auto
Control NumPad-4=site_side_left
Control NumPad-3=site_alt_minus
Control NumPad-2=site_dist_minus
Control NumPad-1=site_spd_minus
I=enginei01
;Joystick+Key14=trigger3
G=uc
Control Z=ruddert_left
F=landingflaps_u
Control X=ruddert_right
Control W=abwurf_arm
B=wheelbrakex
Control T=thtl_slowcutout
Equals=thtl_plus
9=extinguisher
6=rad_plus
5=rad_minus
Control G=uc_down_emer
Shift 8=engselect_n7
Joystick+Key12 Joystick+Key18=autorudder_off
Shift 7=engselect_n6
Shift 6=engselect_n5
Control C=pilot_switch
Shift 5=engselect_n4
Control B=bombbaydoors
Shift 4=engselect_n3
Shift 3=engselect_n2
Shift 2=engselect_n1
Shift 1=engselect_n0
Down=elevator_downx
Right=aileron_rightx
Up=elevator_upx
Left=aileron_leftx
Control 7=rudder_leftx
Joystick+Key12 Joystick+Key17=autorudder_low
Shift Down=elevatort_ndown
Shift Right=aileront_right
Space=trigger0
Joystick+Key0=trigger0
Joystick+Key1=trigger1
Shift Up=elevatort_nup
Shift Left=aileront_left
Joystick+Key12 Joystick+Key16=autorudder_high
Joystick+Key3=trigger2
;Joystick+Key3=pitch_auto
MouseLeft=MouseControl
Underscore=thtl_minus
Backspace=thtl_wep
;Joystick+Key2=pitch_minus
[HotKey turret]
Control O=trt_park_toggle
Down=trt_mount_d
Right=trt_mount_r
Up=trt_mount_u
Left=trt_mount_l
Shift Down=trt_down
Shift Right=trt_right
Shift Up=trt_up
Shift Left=trt_left
[HotKey view]
Control F2=outsideViewNextEnemy
Control F1=toggleShowCabin
Y=padlockViewPrev
Alt F7=outsideViewEnemyDirectGround
U=padlockViewNext
Alt F6=outsideViewEnemyDirectAir
Alt F2=outside
Alt F1=inside
M=toggleShowMirror
C=nextCabin
Shift C=changeCabin
Control C=prevCabin
Alt 9=cabin9
Alt 8=cabin8
Alt 7=cabin7
Joystick2+Key3=padlockViewForward
Alt 6=cabin6
Alt 5=cabin5
Alt 4=cabin4
Alt 3=cabin3
F8=outsideViewFollow
Alt 2=cabin2
F7=outsideViewEnemyGround
Alt 1=cabin1
F6=outsideViewEnemyAir
F5=padlockViewGround
F4=padlockView
F3=outsideViewFly
F2=outsideView
Shift F7=outsideViewFriendGround
F1=insideView
Shift F6=outsideViewFriendAir
Shift F5=padlockViewFriendGround
Shift F4=padlockViewFriend
Shift F2=outsideViewNextPlane
Shift F1=toggleAim
[HotKey viewSet]
Alt MouseLeft=DashBoard
End=fov70
PageDown=fov90
Delete=fov30
Mouse5=FOV
MouseMiddle=Rotate
F10=StartStop
MouseRight=Len
MouseLeft=Offset
NumPad/=Reset
[HotKey viewPan]
NumPad-4=PanLeft2
NumPad-3=PanRight3
NumPad-2=PanDown
NumPad-1=PanLeft3
Pov225 Joystick+Pov=PanLeft3
Pov270 Joystick+Pov=PanLeft2
Pov315 Joystick+Pov=PanLeft
Pov0 Joystick+Pov=PanUp
Pov45 Joystick+Pov=PanRight
Pov90 Joystick+Pov=PanRight2
Pov135 Joystick+Pov=PanRight3
NumPad-9=PanRight
NumPad-8=PanUp
Pov180 Joystick+Pov=PanDown
NumPad-7=PanLeft
NumPad-6=PanRight2
NumPad-5=PanReset
[HotKey viewSnap]
NumPad-4=Snap_m2_0
NumPad-3=Snap_3_0
NumPad-2=Snap_0_m2
NumPad-1=Snap_m3_0
Pov225 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_m3_0
Pov270 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_m2_0
Pov315 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_m1_0
Pov0 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_0_2
Pov45 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_1_0
Pov90 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_2_0
F9=SnapPanSwitch
Pov135 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_3_0
Pov180 Joystick2+Pov=Snap_0_m1
NumPad-9=Snap_1_0
NumPad-8=Snap_0_0
NumPad-7=Snap_m1_0
NumPad-6=Snap_2_0
NumPad-5=Snap_0_2
[HotKey timeSpeed]
CloseBracket=timeSpeedUp
OpenBracket=timeSpeedDown
Quote=timeSpeedNormal
[HotKey orders]
9=order9
8=order8
7=order7
6=order6
5=order5
4=order4
3=order3
2=order2
1=order1
0=order0
Escape=deactivate
Alt=select
Control=expand
Enter=Enter
Tab=activate
Backspace=Backspace
[HotKey builder]
NumPad-4=stepAzimut-15
NumPad-3=stepAzimut30
NumPad-1=stepAzimut-30
NumPad-0=insert+
Alt MouseRight=select-
Alt MouseLeft=select+
Alt Control=unselect
A MouseLeft=battleArea
Control Z=Undo
Control Y=Redo
Control X=cut
Control V=paste
Insert=insert+
Control C=copy
Control B=addBranch
Home=change--
End=change++
PageDown=change+
PageUp=change-
Delete=delete+
MouseRight=popupmenu
F10=land
MouseLeft=objectMove
Shift MouseLeft=worldZoom
Enter=freeView
NumPad.=delete+
Tab=cursor
Backspace=cursor
Alt Right=Forward
Alt Left=Backward
NumPad-9=stepAzimut5
NumPad-8=resetTangage90
NumPad-7=stepAzimut-5
NumPad-6=stepAzimut15
Control MouseRight=delete+
NumPad-5=resetAngles
Control MouseLeft=insert+
[HotKey vehicle]
Down=brake
Right=turn_right
Up=accelerate
Left=turn_left
Alt D=toggle_dir
Space=fire
[HotKey pilotMove]
Joystick+AXE_RZ=1rudder
Joystick1+Key5=1leslats
Joystick1+AXE_Y=1pitch
Joystick+AXE_Y=1elevator
Joystick1+Key4=1underc
Joystick1+Key11=1airbrake
Joystick+AXE_X=1aileron
Joystick+AXE_U=-1throttle
Joystick1+Key9=1flaps
[HotKey turretMove]
MouseLeft=1turretyaw

BobTuck.

Ploughman
03-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I solved this same problem by installing older nvidia drivers (25819-7-64-[Guru3D.com].exe from guru3d.com)
I have GeForce 9800gt

One way around it. It seems it's a DX1O thing. I'm a 9800 1gb as well.

brp51d
03-28-2011, 12:27 AM
thanks

Ploughman
03-28-2011, 12:27 AM
i have two graphic card 9800GX2. and i have the black screen bug.... help :)

Best temporary solution is to go back to DX9. Otherwise you'll have to start creating Registry Keys and stuf, you want that?

brp51d
03-28-2011, 12:47 AM
game seems to be mixing up inputs from joysticks I have ch stick and pedals =saitek x45. When I input trgger on ch stick, th guns will only fore on the saitek fore button

Targ
03-28-2011, 03:48 AM
I noticed in the rar file that "parts" is mis spelled. So renaming that should replace the parts folder :)

jimbop
03-28-2011, 04:22 AM
Confuser.ini huh? Seems well-named! I'm sure there will be a lot of time spent playing with this file.

159th_Viper
03-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Silly question:

How does one get rid of the writing on the top-left of the screen whilst in-cockpit?

Ta

Helrza
03-28-2011, 11:32 AM
any of you guys remove the " ; " from the processaffinitymask=2 line?

brp51d
03-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know which key toggles the landing gear? thanks and where it is on the control setup menu

jimbop
03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Does anyone know which key toggles the landing gear? thanks and where it is on the control setup menu

Come on someone, he's running low on fuel!:grin: Sorry, don't know...

Raggz
03-28-2011, 01:11 PM

G i believe.

brp51d
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
thanks but do you know where it is on thecontrol setup screen? My original conf user was overwritten-I did save but made some simple error. I don't know where the command is on the control setup and I don't know how the command is labeled in the conf user. Bob Tuck eas very helpful in oposting his conf user, but I don't see landing gear toggle. thanks

Raggz
03-28-2011, 01:39 PM
thanks but do you know where it is on thecontrol setup screen? My original conf user was overwritten-I did save but made some simple error. I don't know where the command is on the control setup and I don't know how the command is labeled in the conf user. Bob Tuck eas very helpful in oposting his conf user, but I don't see landing gear toggle. thanks

I have no idea sorry.

Anyone know the command's for firing cannons and dropping bombs?

brp51d
03-28-2011, 04:01 PM
I believe weapons are in the drop down menue beginning with a T. Canons are the second row. I'm not sure where bombs are. When I programed my joystick, canons seem to work but machine guns do not. I programed it on what the game identified as joystick 1. When I did this, machine guns fired on joystick 2. I tried redoing the assignments and now machine guns don't fire at all.

Biggs
03-28-2011, 04:29 PM
so this whole "AntiEpilespcy= 0" is a buncha BS or what

where exactly do you put it in ur config file anyway?

David198502
03-28-2011, 04:40 PM
did anybody manage to make the mouse-scroller work as an axis???
because i want to make the prop pitch to work with the scrolling wheel of the mouse.

Raggz
03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
so this whole "AntiEpilespcy= 0" is a buncha BS or what

where exactly do you put it in ur config file anyway?

Put it in the confs.ini file in C:\Users\username\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover.

Should look like this:

[BOB]
difficulty=8058095
[sound]
SoundUse=0
speakers=-1
[core]
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=0
AntiEpilepcy=0

Blackdog_kt
03-28-2011, 07:05 PM

I don't have the Russian version but i can read a bit of Russian even if i don't speak it and i've read the English manual, so...

If you want a temporary solution you can do this:
1) press F10 to turn on the clickable cokpit
2) move the mouse around and look for the landing gear lever...if you don't know the language the plane's panel is marked in, the Russian tooltip should read something like шасси
3) click to move it to the down position and see if your red landing gear indicator lamps are turning off, wait a bit and see if the green lamps are turning on...alternatively go to external view if you're in a hurry

I hope this helps.

Biggs
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
ugh im so tired of using the space bar as my "fire guns" button and someone PLEASE tell me where the fire guns button is in the key set?

take a screenshot or something...

BTW im REALLY enjoying 6v6 dogfights with the 109s...

De-wilde bullets FTW!!!

Ploughman
03-28-2011, 07:26 PM
I got it going pretty good on my system. I put the AntiEpilepsy=0 in the confs.ini file as per Raggz suggestion and this transformed the game, really smooth. I've a Q6600 Quad core, vista32, 4gb RAM, GT9800 1gb so nothing exceptional.

Only trouble is I can't seem to get the joystick to work. It recognises the stick, as I can use the hat switch to look around, but no axis or buttons seem to function. Anyone got any ideas?

Il2Pongo
03-28-2011, 08:48 PM

looks like default is G
G=uc
Control Z=ruddert_left
F=landingflaps_u
Control X=ruddert_right
Control W=abwurf_arm
B=wheelbrakex
Control T=thtl_slowcutout
Equals=thtl_plus
9=extinguisher
6=rad_plus
5=rad_minus
Control G=uc_down_emer

with control G being emergency down...

Il2Pongo
03-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Made allot of progress
my ch pro, stick throttle and rudder seem to work for their main functions, but hats do not work yet. I didn't do anything, just plugged them in

M turns on mirror not map.
My default draw distance over water is probably 100 feet.
I found what was mapped to space and mapped it to trigger, works for MGs anyway

Ploughman
03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
My joystick axis are all inverted. Anyone know how to uninvert them?

Luffe
03-28-2011, 09:11 PM
ugh im so tired of using the space bar as my "fire guns" button and someone PLEASE tell me where the fire guns button is in the key set?

take a screenshot or something...

BTW im REALLY enjoying 6v6 dogfights with the 109s...

De-wilde bullets FTW!!!

1. Look through the key setting and see where spacebar is binded?
2. ???
3. Profit

Well, that's what I'd do. :)

BadAim
03-28-2011, 09:28 PM

When your looking at the axis assignments, all the way over to the right there is a little box, just click it to reverse axis.

Btw I'm running fairly well, but she still needs tweeking.

Devastat
03-28-2011, 09:33 PM
@Biggs check this thread (if you haven't already)

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3247026/6.html

Biggs
03-28-2011, 10:32 PM
@Biggs check this thread (if you haven't already)

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3247026/6.html

I <3 you !

JG52Uther
03-28-2011, 10:40 PM
So hows it running for you Biggs?

T-JETTer
03-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Look there ProcessAffinityMask option in section [rts]
Remove the sign ; in front of him.

And exposes its value in accordance with the number of cores a processor, namely:
2 cores - 3
3 core - 7
4 cores - 15
6 cores - 63
8 cores - 255

In my case (Core i5-750) 4 core - put 15. Conclusion: The uniform loading of all cores. In a game where everything is - friezes are but minor.

Thee_oddball
03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
http://jg6.net/images/screen1.jpg
http://jg6.net/images/settings.jpg
http://jg6.net/images/network.jpg
http://jg6.net/images/singleplayer.jpg

brp51d
03-28-2011, 11:43 PM
can someone email m their conf user ini to bmrp51d@aol.com. Thanks

Ploughman
03-29-2011, 01:02 AM
You know when you shoot the fire buttons on the control column depress? How cool is that?

Catseye
03-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Look there ProcessAffinityMask option in section [rts]
Remove the sign ; in front of him.

And exposes its value in accordance with the number of cores a processor, namely:
2 cores - 3
3 core - 7
4 cores - 15
6 cores - 63
8 cores - 255

In my case (Core i5-750) 4 core - put 15. Conclusion: The uniform loading of all cores. In a game where everything is - friezes are but minor.

I've had this information for IL2 for some years and it works. I wonder if it is the same for COD? I use 14 leaving core 0 free for the operating system and using the next three cores for IL2.

Affinity mask settings

=1 - core 0
=2 - core 1
=3 - core 0+1
=4 - core 2
=5 - core 0+2
=6 - core 1+2
=7 - core 0+1+2
=8 - core 3
=9 - core 0 + 3
=10 - core 1 + 3
=11 - core 0 + 2 + 3
=12 - core 2 + 3
=13 - core 0 + 2 + 3
=14 - core 1 + 2 + 3
=15 - core 0 + 1 + 2 + 3

Thee_oddball
03-29-2011, 01:46 AM
I've had this information for IL2 for some years and it works. I wonder if it is the same for COD? I use 14 leaving core 0 free for the operating system and using the next three cores for IL2.

Affinity mask settings

=1 - core 0
=2 - core 1
=3 - core 0+1
=4 - core 2
=5 - core 0+2
=6 - core 1+2
=7 - core 0+1+2
=8 - core 3
=9 - core 0 + 3
=10 - core 1 + 3
=11 - core 0 + 2 + 3
=12 - core 2 + 3
=13 - core 0 + 2 + 3
=14 - core 1 + 2 + 3
=15 - core 0 + 1 + 2 + 3

from what i ahve read if you dont activate it the OS decides what cores get used for what...i wonder which is better?

Biggs
03-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Im having an issue with the ammo loadout section... at first i set up an all API loadout with the spitfire... but then i wanted to go back in and add a tracer round in one of the 8 guns...

I went in and added the round, went to save as then saved it, then pressed ok... i then went in to a quick mission with the spitfire, but no tracer...

I repeated this several times.. saving it under different presets ... but nothing, all i have are de-wilde and API.

i dont know what to do now:confused:

Thee_oddball
03-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Im having an issue with the ammo loadout section... at first i set up an all API loadout with the spitfire... but then i wanted to go back in and add a tracer round in one of the 8 guns...

I went in and added the round, went to save as then saved it, then pressed ok... i then went in to a quick mission with the spitfire, but no tracer...

I repeated this several times.. saving it under different presets ... but nothing, all i have are de-wilde and API.

i dont know what to do now:confused:

did you exit game and restart it?

Biggs
03-29-2011, 02:32 AM
Nope. Just went rightin to the QMB... Whebn i went back to it after a mission, the preset is still saved... But it doesnt seem to actually apply the prest i made... Urgh!

dreamofire
03-29-2011, 04:13 AM

add "-" after "=" in your ini

adonys
03-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Updated the initial post:

- added the affinitymask line (best would be to use 5 value for 2+2 processors = 2 real cores + 2 hyperthreading cores, or 15 for real quad cores)
- replaced the mission archive (correcting a folder name spelling error, as someone pointed in here)

335th_GRAthos
03-29-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks a million to Adonys and to everybody else who posted on this thread!
It made a hell of a difference! My Russian is still poor but at least I have it.

Does anybody know how to make the game show using three monitors?

The old Use3Renders=1 command does not seem to work :-(

I fly in 3072x768 resolution (3 monitors 1024x768) but the game seems to apply the front view among the three monitors.
(In IL2FB we had the left-view, front-view and right-view in each of the three monitors at the same time).

ual002
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Try to change the resolution in the ini file. And with the 3renders line code it should span the correct resolution across all three. Do it just like how you would change the resolutions in IL2 that weren't supported default. And get track IR rather than spend 8 bagillion dollars on 3 monitors. ;)

Mind you, I'm guessing. I'm in US and I'm one of the chaps that's going to pretend the game doesn't exist until APRIL 19. sheesh.

335th_GRAthos
03-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi ual002,

Thanks for the comments but indeed, you are guessing whereas, I have the game (and the conf.ini) in front of me and I can not make it work because this game does not recognise the Use3Renders command :-(
(and ofcourse I have TrackIR ;-) )

If anybody has managed to find a solution, I would be grateful

kashwashwa
03-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi ual002,

Thanks for the comments but indeed, you are guessing whereas, I have the game (and the conf.ini) in front of me and I can not make it work because this game does not recognise the Use3Renders command :-(
(and ofcourse I have TrackIR ;-) )

If anybody has managed to find a solution, I would be grateful

I was going to post here about the exact same thing... I would really love to be able to use all three of my monitors. FOV of 90 doesn't cut the mustard.

I've tried changing the value from FOV90 to FOV120 in the conf.ini, but that does nothing as well.

ual002
03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the comments but indeed, you are guessing whereas, I have the game (and the conf.ini) in front of me

Well fine :p Nonetheless, blue side up, happy hunting. Im so excited.... cant wait until 19th...

Reaping
03-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi, i try to use track-ir, but don't work, in the conf.ini is set to 1...nothing; i looking for some piece of manual explaning how to use the engine setting and some information about the game but i don't find nothing, the first attemp to fly i see in the cockpit a girl sitting on my legs !?!?! :confused: what happens? I know that instead of improving things get worse and a lot!

5AF_8FS_Doc
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
I have a few questions for those of you who are running the sim smooth right now.

My system specs exceed or meet all of the posted system specs for the sim.

CPU:
EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
GPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80570E8400
Ram:
4 gigs of DDR2 ram

Now... I know that my video card only has 512 megs of memory... however, even at the lowest of low settings I cannot run the game smoothly... it is so jittery that it drives me nuts.

I have checked video card temps during gameplay and they are fine; also I have made sure that no AA or AF is turned on anywhere and it is fine.

Is it just my video card? Or is something else causing problems here? I have the epilepsy filter turned off btw.

Here are a few other problems I have noticed:
In the resolution area of the video settings i can only choose the following resolutions:
1680x1050, 1440x900 and 1280x800
Under windowed mode I can only choose three more:
1024x768
800x600
640x480
The sim crashes however under windowed mode.

S~ and thanks for any help you may have for me.

Cap Loz
04-01-2011, 11:24 AM
any of you guys remove the " ; " from the processaffinitymask=2 line?

Yes remove it and made the 2 a 15 with no change noted. So changed it back.

adonys
04-06-2011, 02:58 PM

With all of these, I can around 15 FPS inside cockpit/30 FPS 3rd view over the channel, in my Huns! (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20400) mission (with 11 aircrafts and around 200 more objects on map), no stuttters.

First post updated with full conf.ini and details

Ataros
04-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Here are a few other problems I have noticed:
In the resolution area of the video settings i can only choose the following resolutions:
1680x1050, 1440x900 and 1280x800

Try putting your desktop first in desired resolution. Then it will appear in game. Or just edit conf.ini file in your documents folder.

The game does not crash in window mode under win7-64 at least.

Your system is a bit old to play CoD comfortably. It needs a 4-core cpu @3-4.5GHz and a top video card with 1.5-2gb vram

adonys
04-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Updated

Remembered the fact that I was disabling Windows 7's Aero (just switch to a classic display profile before launching Il2 BoB), this should gain you around 4 FPS (at least on low end systems). Yesterday morning I've forgot to switch the profiles to classic, and when I've started the IL2 CoD I was wondering why suddenly I had a 4 FPS loss in game :)

JG1_Luckystrike
04-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Cool Thx will try

Ataros
04-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Did some testing yesterday with a new patch measuring performance with different settings. Had to put shadows to low to keep 35+ avg. fps with my old 4890. 40 fps avg. in online map with 16 players without clouds. Before patch and with shadows at medium it was only 27 fps in the same recorded track even with other settings at mid-low and drivers set to high performance.

Complete settings are in my sig.

adonys
04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
updated the first post:

- IF you have at least 8 GB RAM, disable Windows' Paging File
- to get rid of stuttering, set buildings amount on unlimited