PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question on PC

PeanutJelly
03-26-2011, 02:54 AM
I really just have to know if i can even run CoD at all... At this point with all the confusion and this filter, which i bet barely affects fps, I must know! and i suck with computer stuff... So you tell me, can i run CoD?

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
GeForce 8600 GT (Possibly Upgrading if needed)
3 GB RAM (Getting 1 GB more)
2.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 4.4 GHz
Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

I've tried the Can You Run It? site, put in Arma 2, and it said i could run it, but lower than recommended, higher than Minimal. Pretty much in the middle of the two.

Thanks.

swiss
03-26-2011, 02:57 AM
At the current state of the game: rather not.

The optimized version, maybe.

Kikuchiyo
03-26-2011, 06:01 AM
I really just have to know if i can even run CoD at all... At this point with all the confusion and this filter, which i bet barely affects fps, I must know! and i suck with computer stuff... So you tell me, can i run CoD?

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
GeForce 8600 GT (Possibly Upgrading if needed)
3 GB RAM (Getting 1 GB more)
2.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 4.4 GHz
Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

I've tried the Can You Run It? site, put in Arma 2, and it said i could run it, but lower than recommended, higher than Minimal. Pretty much in the middle of the two.

Thanks.

No one really knows. Performance seems to be all over the map atm. However from what I've been able to discern low to mid range systems (by listed requirements) seem to do better than the upper end systems. Again this is based purely on my limited observation and not on any compilation of system specs to performance issues. I further suspect that the issues will be marginalized as patches come out.

This is all speculative on my part, and in no way represents what the devs are claiming.

JAMF
03-27-2011, 09:24 AM
One things is obvious: There's no point in getting more RAM, if you're running a 32Bit OS