PDA

View Full Version : UBISOFT: Make the anti-epilepsy program optional!

*Buzzsaw*
03-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Salute

Message to UBISOFT:

I don't care if you make the anti-epilepsy program default enabled, but I WANT the option to disable it.

Tvrdi
03-25-2011, 10:32 AM
+1

that would be the fair solution as ppl who dont have epilepsy would be able to turn it OFF

@Luthier - why it wasnt made as an ON/OFF option?

=XIII=Shea
03-25-2011, 10:45 AM
+1 its has to be opitional

Qpassa
03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
In World in Conflict (Ubi is the publisher) is optional as it should be in Clod

notafinger!
03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
For legal reasons I could understand the filter being enabled by default. The user would then have to make a conscious decision to disable the filter. Surely then all liability is removed from the software as the end user has disabled the safety feature.

Moggy
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
For legal reasons I could understand the filter being enabled by default. The user would then have to make a conscious decision to disable the filter. Surely then all liability is removed from the software as the end user has disabled the safety feature.

As I've posted previously, I have a member of my family who is epileptic (not photosensitive) and I'd fully support this option.

SG1_Gunkan
03-25-2011, 11:09 AM
As I've posted previously, I have a member of my family who is epileptic (not photosensitive) and I'd fully support this option.

Support this option but OPTIONAL. If you are epileptic, turn it on.

IbnSolmyr
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
What is this anti-epilepsy program ?..

speculum jockey
03-25-2011, 11:18 AM
What is this anti-epilepsy program ?..

A program that discriminated against epiliptic people.

It uses filters and such to keep them from having seizures.

caprera
03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
A hand that slaps you in the face if you play too much.

IbnSolmyr
03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
A hand that slaps you in the face if you play too much.

lol

A program that discriminated against epiliptic people.

It uses filters and such to keep them from having seizures.

And it impoverishes the graphics quality ?

6S.Manu
03-25-2011, 11:36 AM
+10

Insuber
03-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I would send a message to Ubi rather than posting here. I did it already.

Cheers,
Insuber

Novfanaion
03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Quick, to the ubi forums!

Insuber
03-25-2011, 12:12 PM
UBI's customer service is more direct.

Herebelow the text that I've sent them (of course you will use your own language and style ... :):

Madame, Monsieur,

Je suis très mécontent de votre choix d'imposer un filtre anti-épilepsie NON DÉSACTIVABLE sur le nouveau jeu IL2 : CLIFFS OF DOVER.

Bien que je comprends vos soucis de protéger la santé des personnes photosensibles, je vous demande de bien vouloir prévoir une option pour DÉSACTIVER le filtre anti-épilepsie, de façon à éviter les très lourdes pertes de performance pour les clients qui ne sont pas affectés par ce problème.

Je vous signale d’ailleurs que les jeux concurrents (Rise of Flight, DCS, A10 Warthog …) n’ont pas implémenté à ma connaissance ce filtre et par conséquent ne souffrent pas de la pénalisation lourde des performance graphiques.

Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, l’expression de mes salutations distinguées,

IbnSolmyr
03-25-2011, 12:33 PM
UBI's customer service is more direct.

Herebelow the text that I've sent them (of course you will use your own language and style ... :):

Madame, Monsieur,

Je suis très mécontent de votre choix d'imposer un filtre anti-épilepsie NON DÉSACTIVABLE sur le nouveau jeu IL2 : CLIFFS OF DOVER.

Bien que je comprends vos soucis de protéger la santé des personnes photosensibles, je vous demande de bien vouloir prévoir une option pour DÉSACTIVER le filtre anti-épilepsie, de façon à éviter les très lourdes pertes de performance pour les clients qui ne sont pas affectés par ce problème.

Je vous signale d’ailleurs que les jeux concurrents (Rise of Flight, DCS, A10 Warthog …) n’ont pas implémenté à ma connaissance ce filtre et par conséquent ne souffrent pas de la pénalisation lourde des performance graphiques.

Veuillez agréer, Madame, Monsieur, l’expression de mes salutations distinguées,

Comment pourraient-ils modifier le produit aussi proche de la release ?..
How could they make evoluating their product at this stage ?

Cela va donc gréver la fluidité du jeu ?
Is it a matter for the FPS ?

Insuber
03-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Comment pourraient-ils modifier le produit aussi proche de la release ?..
La bêtise humaine n'a pas de limite, au contraire de l'Univers, comme le disait Einstein. Chez Ubi il s'en donnent à coeur joie évidemment ...

Cela va donc gréver la fluidité du jeu ?
C'est inévitable, si l'on croit à la description de Luthier

Cdt,
Insuber

IbnSolmyr
03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
La bêtise humaine n'a pas de limite, au contraire de l'Univers, comme le disait Einstein. Chez Ubi il s'en donnent à coeur joie évidemment ...

C'est inévitable, si l'on croit à la description de Luthier

Cdt,
Insuber

Peut-être pour un prochain patch... Merci pour ta réponse.
Maybe it could be fixed in a next patch, thanks for your answer.

JG4_Helofly
03-25-2011, 12:53 PM
On dirait une lettre de postulation ;)

Let's hope they will make it optional ASAP

JG52Uther
03-25-2011, 12:56 PM

Let's hope they will make it optional ASAP
Before next Thursday would be nice... ;)

Jotaele
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
I cant belive the Epileptics countermeasures are true, i can understand that like a gift to allow peoples with this probles due its dangerous , but like a nonsugar-cake for diabetic peoles, its a +feature not a must.
Diabetic persons knows what can eat or not, and the same with the games and the epileptic.
The peoles are worried about loss in FPS, but what about losing rapid flashes?! i.e. when you fire in the night, or a plane cross over the sun.
That kind o filter soften the hard changes in luminosity, that are some time needed for realism and acurracy or inmersion.
Can you imagine a cinema director or a musicvideos director , limited with such standar?I think this filter should be provided by the graphics card manufactures, so its working apart of the game.The game should only have a warning about epileptic in the cover.
If the game has this filter like a estra and otional its of course welcome and apreciated.

Insuber
03-25-2011, 01:32 PM

Pas trop dramatique, tout de même suffisamment direct ... ;)

BobTuck
03-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, it's the loss of realism and nice little touches (e.g. propeller transparency) that Olegs team wanted to give us that upsets me the most.

The speed/FPS issue doesn't bother me quite so much, because given time we will all have faster computers and/or more optimised code that will defuse this issue.

The realism/fancy touches 'in their intended form' are far less likely to make a return. :(

Damned Ubi!:evil:
BobTuck.

p.s. a member of my family is epileptic too, and they agree that this overkill is a ridiculous state of affairs - a warning would have been sufficient.

Shrike_UK
03-25-2011, 03:39 PM
what about the night flying, will we see exhaust flashes that were used to spot planes in the dark?
i dont know bout you guys but i always fancied being a night fighter, but in IL2 it wasnt realistic enough

Intz
03-25-2011, 04:22 PM
+1 make it optional!:mad:

JG27CaptStubing
03-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Optional makes the best sense

Royraiden
03-25-2011, 04:43 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19472
Luthier's response.

1.JaVA_Sharp
03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
they CAN'T.

If they did remove or make it optional, they (as in the devs, not sure about ubi) would be liable to a lawsuit which would mean no more studio.

Revvin
03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
I cant belive the Epileptics countermeasures are true, i can understand that like a gift to allow peoples with this probles due its dangerous , but like a nonsugar-cake for diabetic peoles, its a +feature not a must.
Diabetic persons knows what can eat or not, and the same with the games and the epileptic.

I'd like to see it as an option but it would have to be an option that was switched on by default as many people don't know they are susceptible to epiletic seizures. A friend of mine who was a very healthy person, had been a member of the armed forces for years without any issues suddenly had an epileptic fit in front of me triggered by a game we were playing on his PC. He's been a gamer for years too but this one game and the ambient light around him just seemed to trigger it.

Oldschool61
03-25-2011, 05:11 PM
they CAN'T.

If they did remove or make it optional, they (as in the devs, not sure about ubi) would be liable to a lawsuit which would mean no more studio.

Yeah they could. As long as the game has a disclaimer they would be covered.

Biggs
03-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Luthier said on the russian forum that they WILL REMOVE the filter, once they fix the pixel "flash" issues...

so their plan is to remove the filter completely, as it was only a "stop-gap" measure to get the game compliant with UBI standards.

fix in "2 weeks"?:grin:

Oldschool61
03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Luthier said on the russian forum that they WILL REMOVE the filter, once they fix the pixel "flash" issues...

so their plan is to remove the filter completely, as it was only a "stop-gap" measure to get the game compliant with UBI standards.

fix in "2 weeks"?:grin:

Better put that filter on that avatar before someone gets hurt

Biggs
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Better put that filter on that avatar before someone gets hurt

What??...make it go faster you say??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Biggs222/squiffy_08.gif

wizardd
03-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Rise your hand if you still remember the era of independent game developer companies and their quality games!

o/

Westwood for example, but of course business as usual, big ones eat small ones and EA bought it and turned C&C series into XXXX

It's funny. While back in days you got the game, fat manual, posters, cd/disk and all games from real shop, now you can just download it. Distribution costs have gone down, but game prices are the same or even higher. Quality of games has gone down, amount of content has gone down dramatically.

It's the same in any industry, bigger and worse. Production costs are down, but customer prices are up.

We are getting screwed, but hey, atleast we have beer and american idols!

Feuerfalke
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
When the world around you grows mean, fast and difficult to understand, you're growing old.
Because in reality the world always was mean, fast and difficult to understand.

Todays indi-games live better than ever using platforms like Steam, for example. There are stunning and brilliant games for just a few bucks that beat many blockbuster-games both in new ideas and perfection.

Besides that, I really had to LoL about this one: "Production costs are down"

True. For a fork made in China. But video games are much more complex today, than they ever were, needing much more manpower to make a game appealing to the market. At the same time the costs for a game stayed the same. Calculating inflation that means a huge loss in actual benefit.

It's not a secret, that games need at least 2 sequels with the same engine to make benefit today.

BG-09
03-26-2011, 07:06 AM
The epileptics do not go to air force, and do not go in army!
If this is REAL WAR FLIGHT SUIMULATOR, it should not to be sold to people with such diagnose.
THE PROPELLERS ARE ROTATING WITH SLOW SPEED, VERY SLOW, IN ORDER ILL PEOPLE, NOT TO DIE WACHING THEM! SO THIS IS NO TRUE SIMULATION, SO THIS IS NO SIMULATOR, SO I DO NOT NEED IT!

wizardd
03-26-2011, 11:34 AM
When the world around you grows mean, fast and difficult to understand, you're growing old.
Because in reality the world always was mean, fast and difficult to understand.

Todays indi-games live better than ever using platforms like Steam, for example. There are stunning and brilliant games for just a few bucks that beat many blockbuster-games both in new ideas and perfection.

Besides that, I really had to LoL about this one: "Production costs are down"

True. For a fork made in China. But video games are much more complex today, than they ever were, needing much more manpower to make a game appealing to the market. At the same time the costs for a game stayed the same. Calculating inflation that means a huge loss in actual benefit.

It's not a secret, that games need at least 2 sequels with the same engine to make benefit today.
Eastern europe, russia and asia has about 2837283782738273 good coders and all will do better job with 1/10th of the cost than western coder takes.

Also about the production costs, I did mean the end product, the box with the CD/DVD. Since there are no box releases anymore in many cases. You just sell copies of files.

It's not a surprise that gamers are pissed off and just downloading games illegal way.

Video games are much more simple nowadays than they were. Graphics sure are more complex, but actual games are dumbed down, stripped for dummies.

In 1990s there were games for people with brains, nowadays games are made for idiots with eyecandy.

Revvin
03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
The epileptics do not go to air force, and do not go in army!
If this is REAL WAR FLIGHT SUIMULATOR, it should not to be sold to people with such diagnose.
THE PROPELLERS ARE ROTATING WITH SLOW SPEED, VERY SLOW, IN ORDER ILL PEOPLE, NOT TO DIE WACHING THEM! SO THIS IS NO TRUE SIMULATION, SO THIS IS NO SIMULATOR, SO I DO NOT NEED IT!

Congratulations for posting the most ridiculous reply yet to one of these threads. Epilepsy can strike at any time and as I said previously just because you have not had an epileptic fit yet doesn't mean you will never have one. My friend who was a long time gamer and a fit and healthy ex serviceman suddenly had one without warning while playing a game. I'd like to see the filter optional but understand why the developers have done this.