PDA

View Full Version : Purchased via Ubi shop. Download when where?

Winger
03-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello everyone. I preordered the didital downloadversion of CoD iond February 2nd and already payed via paypal. Now i read that it whould somehow work together with steam. I have a steam account but up to now i didnt get any information on how steam will get the info from Ubi that i actually bought the game and have the right to download it. Also would it be nice to preload the game. I know the release is on 31th (living in germany here).

Thanks

Winger

TheGrunch
03-24-2011, 01:03 PM
You will probably receive a key/activation code through e-mail on the 31st, and you can put this into Steam through the Games->Activate a Product on Steam option, at a guess. Don't take my word for it, though. :)

Pyrres
03-24-2011, 01:04 PM
I have been wrestling with the same problem today. I got the impression that you will get the downloadlink and serial the day it will be released. I canceled my order from Ubi and I will be buying it from Steam or a local dealer if they get it before Steam (DVD is always a DVD).

Raggz
03-24-2011, 01:04 PM
If you ordered by Ubistore you will get the download information sometime on 31st march from Ubisoft by e-mail.

The game only uses steam for matchmaking multiplayer. Obviously the steam version is an exception.

Winger
03-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Thanks folks! Looking forward to meet you guys over europe.

Winger