PDA

View Full Version : 4 Just Flight and Steam UK users. Some Questions.

Jaguar
03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Just some simple questions for those living in the UK who have experience with both of these companies. Have you ever purchased a digital download from Justflight? I have only purchased DVD's here, Battle Over Europe for example. Have you ever purchased outside of your own region a steam game? Like the complexities of COD. The reason for that is if I were to buy a download through Just Flight. Then attempt to install it, i fear Steam will not let me. Due to having to wait for a possible later release dateor region specific title. I have thought about purchasing a digital download and waiting for the DVD. So any positive info will be grateful and passed on. Steam does not have it listed so I can not ask them. Just flight of course, is based in the UK.

Tvrdi
03-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Just some simple questions for those living in the UK who have experience with both of these companies. Have you ever purchased a digital download from Justflight? I have only purchased DVD's here, Battle Over Europe for example. Have you ever purchased outside of your own region a steam game? Like the complexities of COD. The reason for that is if I were to buy a download through Just Flight. Then attempt to install it, i fear Steam will not let me. Due to having to wait for a possible later release dateor region specific title. I have thought about purchasing a digital download and waiting for the DVD. So any positive info will be grateful and passed on. Steam does not have it listed so I can not ask them. Just flight of course, is based in the UK.

so you think steam wont let us to play any downloaded (and purchased) version of COD? eek

Jaguar
03-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Yes. Ask how many people have had to wait to install Total War Shogun 2 or any Demos from steam. It will not unlock your game until a specific time. I can only guess if Cliffs Of Dover is not on steam in my country on March 31st then I will not get to play for my purchase from a company that accepted my currancy.

blampars
03-18-2011, 10:40 PM
It is my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong, please) that steam is only needed for multiplayer.

Looking at the Just Flight website, they list the game as coming out on the 31st, but they also list this game in US $$$ and mention providing you with an activation code for the game (to register it, i guess).

Now, if thats the case, I should be able to get this game on the 31st of March and play it OFFLINE, but not be able to play it online until the game goes live in my region. I've e-mailed Just Flight about this and am currently awaiting a reply.

-b

Les
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
It is my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong, please) that steam is only needed for multiplayer...

The latest information given here - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8071032709/m/1751069519 says it's the hard copy versions of the game that only use Steamworks (a part of Steam) for multiplayer. They don't say it directly, but it's pretty clear there's some sort of difference between the DVD and downloadable versions, and the difference is probably that the downloadable versions are more fully integrated into Steam.

BTW, Steam now lists IL-2 Strumovik: Cliffs Of Dover in it's upcoming games. Check there to see when it's available in your region.

blampars
03-18-2011, 10:56 PM
They don't say it directly, but it's pretty clear there's some sort of difference between the DVD and downloadable versions, and the difference is probably that the downloadable versions are more fully integrated into Steam.

BTW, Steam now lists IL-2 Strumovik: Cliffs Of Dover in it's upcoming games. Check there to see when it's available in your region.

Hmmm, if that's the case I probably wouldn't be able to play it until the game releases in U.S. on April 19th, as shown from my steam client...

blueskiesc
03-18-2011, 11:02 PM
will i be able to use my ch joystick setup with this new game ofr just game controller

thanks for any replies

blampars
03-18-2011, 11:06 PM
will i be able to use my ch joystick setup with this new game ofr just game controller

thanks for any replies

yes, you'll be able to use your ch gear with this game :)

Les
03-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Hmmm, if that's the case I probably wouldn't be able to play it until the game releases in U.S. on April 19th, as shown from my steam client...

Is there still no word on hard copies for the U.S? They're advertised here in Australia as being available from the 25th March, but word was they'd be coming through from the retailers U.S parent company. It might all be bs, but if not, surely there'd be a retailer in the U.S who could get some?

Jaguar
03-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Is there still no word on hard copies for the U.S? They're advertised here in Australia as being available from the 25th March, but word was they'd be coming through from the retailers U.S parent company. It might all be bs, but if not, surely there'd be a retailer in the U.S who could get some?

http://www.gogamer.com/IL-2-Sturmovik--Cliffs-Dover-PC-Front-Page_stcVVproductId129065929VVcatId444710VVviewpro d.htm

http://www.amazon.com/2-Sturmovik-Cliffs-Dover-Pc/dp/B004L5SJ4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1300495381&sr=8-1

looks Like Amazon lowered its price......

Les
03-19-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.gogamer.com/IL-2-Sturmovik--Cliffs-Dover-PC-Front-Page_stcVVproductId129065929VVcatId444710VVviewpro d.htm

http://www.amazon.com/2-Sturmovik-Cliffs-Dover-Pc/dp/B004L5SJ4Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1300495381&sr=8-1

looks Like Amazon lowered its price......

Okay, doesn't matter, it says the hard copies aren't being released until 19th April anyway, the same date as the download version.

We could well find the date of the hard copy release here changes to match the download release date, but if not, it is odd. Hard copies on the 25th March, Steam version on the 1st April.

machoo
03-19-2011, 12:18 AM
FYI ,

Say the steam UK version comes out on the 25th , but the US version wont come out till a week later ect - you do know you can just log into the UK steam website and download it that way. You dont need to use the steam application to get everything. The dates don't matter. It's not an issue.

Jaguar
03-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Its worth a try, Mabey I'll add one more DVD and change the shipping for two at a slower rate. Set up my account to work there as well. I had to send an update via e-mail.

blampars
03-19-2011, 01:22 AM
FYI ,

Say the steam UK version comes out on the 25th , but the US version wont come out till a week later ect - you do know you can just log into the UK steam website and download it that way. You dont need to use the steam application to get everything. The dates don't matter. It's not an issue.

Ok, that makes sense.. But are we going to be able to play it before the US version goes live??