PDA

View Full Version : Best units, spells and abilities for a warrior on impossible?

Omar Little
07-16-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi there, guys. I'm playing KB Orcs on the March by using a warrior on impossible difficulty. I've almost cleared the first island with my army. It consists of: 8 paladins, 14 droids, 4 engineers, 40 archers and 17 inquisitors. Now, I'd like to know which are the best units, spells and abilities in order to beat the entire game... without loss!

Many thanks!

ecania
07-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Hi there, guys. I'm playing KB Orcs on the March by using a warrior on impossible difficulty. I've almost cleared the first island with my army. It consists of: 8 paladins, 14 droids, 4 engineers, 40 archers and 17 inquisitors. Now, I'd like to know which are the best units, spells and abilities in order to beat the entire game... without loss!

Many thanks!

Long time since I played orcs on march,so not easy to answer, there are many units that are very nice.
But I would drop the Archers if it is Bowmans, they die to easy.
Just buy units with at least 80 Health.
Spells i like is magic shackles for locking enemie abilities, Phoenix for burn them and draw enemy attention.Stoneskin and divine armor for ur tanking unit.
Also like units that can summon units, like Royal Griffins, Royal thorns.
very good to block enemies from reaching ur units.
Archmages also very useful, they have magic shield wich is very nice, ur troop just take half damage.

And lastly, check the mod section for crossworlds if u want to have more fun.

Ecania

Sir Whiskers
07-16-2014, 11:56 PM
I'll second Ecania - lose the bowmen. There's a hut on Debir where you can buy a few Royal Thorns. If you have the leadership for 40 bowmen, you have enough for 5 RT's. I'd give them a try. Alternately, you can pick up some Orcs near the castle - shamans are tough and very useful.

Omar Little
07-17-2014, 08:02 AM
I'll second Ecania - lose the bowmen. There's a hut on Debir where you can buy a few Royal Thorns. If you have the leadership for 40 bowmen, you have enough for 5 RT's. I'd give them a try. Alternately, you can pick up some Orcs near the castle - shamans are tough and very useful.First of all: thanks! I've appreciated your answers! Ok, I ''fired'' my bowmen yesterday. In return I've obtained a green dragon! It's a tough guy, but I don't know if I have to use it or not. I'm at lv 9 now. I've totally cleared the first island and almost the second one. Bolo is still too hard for me. I've arranged an army with: 1 emerald dragon, 28 inquisitors, 11 paladins, 9 engineers. I feel like I could do better! Especially with 40k gold in my pocket! So, do you suggest me royal thorns? Other good units? Another things: talents! How can I invest my runes wisely to get a strong warrior? THANKS!

Sir Whiskers
07-17-2014, 10:25 PM
In return I've obtained a green dragon!

Ah, good to hear you found him. I didn't want to include any spoilers above.

Another things: talents! How can I invest my runes wisely to get a strong warrior? THANKS!

It will likely take a bit, but make getting Level 1 in all magic skills a priority. As a warrior, your damage spells won't do much, but the battlefield control spells can be life-savers - haste, slow, trap, etc.

Since warriors have a lot of rage, bump Anger up to Level 3 to maximize your rage intake during fights. You should find Level 1 Tactics very useful. Eventually you'll want Level 2, but because of the cost, I don't usually get that until late in the game.

In the Mind tree, you'll want Neatness, as it will allow you to destroy items you don't need for additional crystals and runes.

Omar Little
07-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Ah, good to hear you found him. I didn't want to include any spoilers above.

It will likely take a bit, but make getting Level 1 in all magic skills a priority. As a warrior, your damage spells won't do much, but the battlefield control spells can be life-savers - haste, slow, trap, etc.

Since warriors have a lot of rage, bump Anger up to Level 3 to maximize your rage intake during fights. You should find Level 1 Tactics very useful. Eventually you'll want Level 2, but because of the cost, I don't usually get that until late in the game.

In the Mind tree, you'll want Neatness, as it will allow you to destroy items you don't need for additional crystals and runes.

Hi, Sir! Thanks for your tips! But I'm worried. At level 9 I've invest some runes to improve strenght, defense and leadership. In the 3rd tree I've unlocked one magic specialization. Did I make a big mistake?

Which are the must have magic abilities?

Thanks!

dailybs
04-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Neatness is a worthless talent, get Adrenaline and Prayer from the Mind tree, get Distortion Magic to max and then Summoner to max from Magic tree for Phantoming your best units.In the might tree Frenzy and Revenge are quite good for melee units.