PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Onslaught skill !!!

Fatt_Shade
03-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Hello to all Kb -TL, AP, CW players i hope you enjoy this great series as much as i do :-)
As stated in title, since i updated to 1.31 patch i got problem with Onslaught skill, and distribution bonus adrenaline to orc troops, it`s not working. I got it on 2 lvl, and 2 otc units in army, but on begining of battles none get adrenaline. I tried Adrenaline skill, and that work random orc`s get it, but with Onslaught something is wrong.
I found in sesion\orcs\orcs.kfc\skills.lua in that file there is string :

function skill_rush(name,level)
local bonus = skill_power(name,2,level-1)
if level >1 then bonus=bonus-skill_power(name,2,level-2) end
local cur_rage=Logic.hero_lu_item("rage","limit")
Logic.hero_lu_item("rage","limit",cur_rage+bonus)
return true
end

which define bonus initiative, and rage from that skill, but i`m missing part local_bonus2 . . . for defining adrenaline distribution to orc troops in army. In eng_skills.lng i found description for functioning of this skill, but in skills.lua for distributing adrenaline on start of battles is missing.
Does anyone have idea what is problem here, and how to fix it ?

ckdamascus
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello to all Kb -TL, AP, CW players i hope you enjoy this great series as much as i do :-)
As stated in title, since i updated to 1.31 patch i got problem with Onslaught skill, and distribution bonus adrenaline to orc troops, it`s not working. I got it on 2 lvl, and 2 otc units in army, but on begining of battles none get adrenaline. I tried Adrenaline skill, and that work random orc`s get it, but with Onslaught something is wrong.
I found in sesion\orcs\orcs.kfc\skills.lua in that file there is string :

function skill_rush(name,level)
local bonus = skill_power(name,2,level-1)
if level >1 then bonus=bonus-skill_power(name,2,level-2) end
local cur_rage=Logic.hero_lu_item("rage","limit")
Logic.hero_lu_item("rage","limit",cur_rage+bonus)
return true
end

which define bonus initiative, and rage from that skill, but i`m missing part local_bonus2 . . . for defining adrenaline distribution to orc troops in army. In eng_skills.lng i found description for functioning of this skill, but in skills.lua for distributing adrenaline on start of battles is missing.
Does anyone have idea what is problem here, and how to fix it ?

I'm not sure either. If you are certain it worked before, you can pull up the old script files and compare, right?

I wasn't sure if the new patches broke it or not, I did notice Onslaught seemed to 'randomly' give adrenline even though it should be an even distribution.

I think ultimately it ended up being random even though the description clearly states it will statically distribute it to all orcs.

I agree it is a bug though.

RYTEDR
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Huh, seems to work perfectly fine by me. I'm using the Steam version with the 1.31 patch.

Randomly distributes rather than equally, but the randomization is small. Typically 1-3 point difference between each orc troop. Other than that, it works like a charm.

Fatt_Shade
04-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Yea i finaly figured out it`s not random distribution adrenaline to orc units, but it`s also random placement of my orc units in army. Here is rly f..ked up situation i tryed slots 1-5 goes : ogre, shaman, goblin shaman, blood shaman, orc chieftan NO adrenaline on start of battle. I kick ogre`s and take Orc veterans in this lineup : goblin shaman, blood shaman, orc chieftan, shaman, orc veteran YES all my units get some adrenaline on battle start. Ok cool i figured out lineup, i`ll play it this way. Next battle again NO adrenaline. FFS!!!
I wanted to try 100% archer orc build with goblins, goblin shamans, catapults, blood shamans and paladins. No mater what combination i try NO adrenaline bonus on start. Only adrealine i get is from heros skill adrenaline to 1 random troop. It`s still fun play, but wasted so much runes to get Onslaught 3 lvl for almost no reason :-( And item Basket of toadstool also not working.

@RYTEDR :
Cool so it`s probably only some error in my game. If you read my first post here can you pls check file i mentioned and send me strings i`m missing

ckdamascus
04-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Yea i finaly figured out it`s not random distribution adrenaline to orc units, but it`s also random placement of my orc units in army. Here is rly f..ked up situation i tryed slots 1-5 goes : ogre, shaman, goblin shaman, blood shaman, orc chieftan NO adrenaline on start of battle. I kick ogre`s and take Orc veterans in this lineup : goblin shaman, blood shaman, orc chieftan, shaman, orc veteran YES all my units get some adrenaline on battle start. Ok cool i figured out lineup, i`ll play it this way. Next battle again NO adrenaline. FFS!!!
I wanted to try 100% archer orc build with goblins, goblin shamans, catapults, blood shamans and paladins. No mater what combination i try NO adrenaline bonus on start. Only adrealine i get is from heros skill adrenaline to 1 random troop. It`s still fun play, but wasted so much runes to get Onslaught 3 lvl for almost no reason :-( And item Basked of toadstool also not working.

@RYTEDR :
Cool so it`s probably only some error in my game. If you read my first post here can you pls check file i mentioned and send me strings i`m missing

I am pretty sure I ran into the same issue you did Fatt. I could randomly mix up units, and sometimes get some adrenaline. Or maybe it is a random distribution and random amount? In any event, it is too troublesome for me. :)

Much easier to run with orc units and use Moldok.

Fatt_Shade
04-19-2011, 01:02 AM
That same problem apeared in other situattion : i had hearth of dragon and voice of dragon 3lvl. So obviously all my dragons should get +3 morale right? Wrong EGD and BD get morale, but RD dont i`m looking at them and dont get wtf is wrong with picture on my monitor. So i change their places, now RD and BD get morale but not EGD . . . and so on.

ckdamascus
04-19-2011, 02:20 AM
That same problem apeared in other situattion : i had hearth of dragon and voice of dragon 3lvl. So obviously all my dragons should get +3 morale right? Wrong EGD and BD get morale, but RD dont i`m looking at them and dont get wtf is wrong with picture on my monitor. So i change their places, now RD and BD get morale but not EGD . . . and so on.

Wait, are you using droids? There is an old bug where if you swap a unit with a droid unit, they lose all morale bonuses until you restart the entire game.

Fatt_Shade
04-19-2011, 05:49 AM
No i`m using 3 mentioned dragons, rune mages to revive and archmages. Problem started when i entered tower of eventus and i bought some other unit to play 3 and 4th rooms. When i come out and took my army back problem apeared, something like other ppl had with assasin unit in same situation.

saroumana
04-23-2011, 02:18 PM
I have corrected this "bug".

You need to remplace this unzipped file in orcs.kfs (make a save of the file before).
It don't work if you use the KbMaster (if only the doc wasn't in russian :().

Madstrike
09-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I have tried saroumanas fix, but the adrenaline from onslaught still doesnt work..., have anyonelse tried fixing it, maybe it requires you to have a full orcs army? Im going to use only a couple of orcs. I have also noticed that the "maximum adrenaline an orc can accumulate" that the skill rage control gives, doesnt seem to work either?

Fatt_Shade
09-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Yea it`s still confused and not 100% functional. If you want to use couple orc units change their slot in your army try every unit on every slot, i mentioned this before but try it anyway. If your orc never get adrenalin on start of battle, no matter where you place them in your army . . . drop orc race and try other builds :-(

Madstrike
09-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Yea it`s still confused and not 100% functional. If you want to use couple orc units change their slot in your army try every unit on every slot, i mentioned this before but try it anyway. If your orc never get adrenalin on start of battle, no matter where you place them in your army . . . drop orc race and try other builds :-(

I was thinking of using a couple of orc units, but I can still use 1, since the "adrenaline" skill boost still works so thats enough to have 1 unit at full adrenaline at beginning of battle, but the second unit Ill prolly just leave out. Funny they havent fixed this yet... 2 skills(Onslaught+Rage control) that wont function as they should, or maybe poor translation?