PDA

View Full Version : Who is the idiot who is adding subtitles and tags to our posts?

major_setback
03-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Who is the moronic idiot who is adding asinine subtitles and tags to our posts?

Example "21st century, cranky old luddites, hope and change, change is bad, change is good, no longer 1940, wahahahahaha ...." Added to Biggs poll regarding steam.

There are enough immature people on the forum without having one (the worst one) within the admin team.

Admin chief, please kick him, and never let him back.

Oldschool61
03-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Who is the moronic idiot who is adding asinine subtitles and tags to our posts?

Example "21st century, cranky old luddites, hope and change, change is bad, change is good, no longer 1940, wahahahahaha ...." Added to Biggs poll regarding steam.

There are enough immature people on the forum without having one (the worst one) within the admin team.

Isnt that a personal attack?? you should give yourself a week ban.

major_setback
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Isnt that a personal attack?? you should give yourself a week ban.

Ahh ..it's you is it? Doth protest too much, methinks! (Shakespeare quote).

:-)

ElAurens
03-10-2011, 10:01 PM
It is very juvenile behavior, whomever is doing it.

baronWastelan
03-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Missy's playing "cutsie-mod".

"Girls just wanna have fun"

JG52Uther
03-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Once CoD is released,and all running problem free,I plan to close the door on this place for a good while.

EoW_WhamO
03-11-2011, 06:53 AM
i too have been wondering this since i saw the tag on "The Good Bye Thread". i'm sending the forum administrator an email to express my displeasure.

zauii
03-11-2011, 07:06 AM
We've seen spambots enter the forums before, wouldnt suprise me if its related.

Extreme_One
03-11-2011, 07:14 AM
It's not necessarily an admin, all forum users have the ability to add tags.

->Go to the bottom of the page in a thread and you'll see the tag box, click on the "Edit Tags" link and you can add your own.<- :rolleyes:

TUSA/TX-Gunslinger
03-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Don't mean to be contrary, but I kind of like them.

Let's me know the "mood" of the thread I'm entering.

Provides a little humor in these "life and death" discussions. I mean people's lives are at stake here, right?

Otherwise you would not all be so very serious 13 days before the release of the simulation you've all been waiting for at least 5-6 years now, right?

You've all got "channel fever", that's what I think.

S!

Gunny

Feathered_IV
03-11-2011, 07:31 AM
You must be right. Surely a moderator here wouldn't be so cowardly as to put a slur and individual attack on someone without at least owning up to it.

albx
03-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Can an admin disable the tags so who or what is writing it will stop?

fireflyerz
03-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Boy O boy you lot are priceless , how many handbags and pink gloves do you all own.:rolleyes:

BigPickle
03-11-2011, 08:47 AM
well I've had posts deleted without explanations before now too.

Feathered_IV
03-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Boy O boy you lot are priceless , how many handbags and pink gloves do you all own.:rolleyes:

None. :-?

I'm a little confused as to why you should make such an off topic request. And I can't imaine why you should have such a burning need for ladies accessories either. Perhaps if you start a seperate thread asking for assistance, there might be someone who could help you... Good luck!

fireflyerz
03-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Lol Bee (and no it wasnt me) everyone is getting a little up tight (me included) around here , must have somthing to do with two weeks.

Robert
03-11-2011, 12:33 PM

The ones I own I stole from your closet. :P

Jaws2002
03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Subtitles? We don't need no stinking subtitles.:neutral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ9oEuqPoGM

:razz:

FAE_Cazador
03-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Subtitles? We don't need no stinking subtitles.:neutral:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ9oEuqPoGM

Great ! ROFL

nearmiss
03-11-2011, 06:55 PM
You must be right. Surely a moderator here wouldn't be so cowardly as to put a slur and individual attack on someone without at least owning up to it.

You got that right!

IMO,what is the sense to attack anyone...when all I gotta do is ban them.

As a moderator, I hate to edit or delete postings, except when I'm overloaded.

kendo65
03-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I like them. Bit of humour to puncture some of the seriousness. Having said that, I wouldn't want to see every thread get them!

...and, no , I didn't post them

nearmiss
03-11-2011, 08:28 PM
The purpose of tagging is to make your postings more search friendly.

Since most of the postings aren't worth much anyway I'd say it doesn't make much difference about tagging.

:rolleyes:

kimosabi
03-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I like 'em too. As others have said, it adds a bit of humor to it. Juvenile behaviour? LOL

Acting on a computer game forum as if it was all srs bsns is juvenile IMHO. Besides, games are meant to be fun so why not try to be a bit lighthearted about it? Kids these days..sheesh.

Khamsin
03-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Since most of the postings aren't worth much anyway I'd say it doesn't make much difference about tagging.

Ahh I see. So in the post titled "Why in the world would I order from Ubisoft?", where just about every single poster states they'd rather order from Steam due to the monumental way in which Ubi has screwed distribution of this game ....... the admin decided that the tag line which best described the mood or content of the thread was .....

"Ubi Rawks"

This is the way moderation works on these forums, is it? Just asking, because most of the flightsim forums I've been on have had actual adult moderators who actually knew their responsibilities.

This is a new experience for me.

JG52Krupi
03-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Ahh I see. So in the post titled "Why in the world would I order from Ubisoft?", where just about every single poster states they'd rather order from Steam due to the monumental way in which Ubi has screwed distribution of this game ....... the admin decided that the tag line which best described the mood or content of the thread was .....

"Ubi Rawks"

This is the way moderation works on these forums, is it? Just asking, because most of the flightsim forums I've been on have had actual adult moderators who actually knew their responsibilities.

This is a new experience for me.

The mods didn't add them.. users did

KG26_Alpha
03-11-2011, 10:33 PM
The mods didn't add them.. users did

Bingo

Now where's mah dummy :)

Heliocon
03-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Yea, tbh they are irritating me. Same forum though that I get a warning for saying someone is being an idiot, while in another thread someone says people who are critical of the game are "bitching/whinners". Of course admins selectivly enforce forum policy.

The Kraken
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM

Always great to see people do their job with passion; even more so when it's voluntary...

Robert
03-13-2011, 05:00 PM

Except when you get a Friday Update with the tag of OPIUM FOR THE PEOPLE. Seems sort of disrespectful to the members and buyers of the game. Are you saying OLEG changed and added that tag to his post?

In a climate where we're all over each other for the slightest difference of opinion, I think this is in poor form, and should be stopped if it's admin.

Sorry, I just came on today to catch up on the Fri-Update and saw that. Yeah, that one got to me. I usually laugh off or shrug my shoulders at most of what goes on, but that one seems pointed and unnecessary. I don't think Oleg would add a tag like that, and since I can't add tags to another forum member's post, then it seems it's admin/moderators that are doing it. Poor form and way to add to the alienation.

kimosabi
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Never tried Opium before. Now I wanna.

BadAim
03-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Actually, "Opium of the People" sounds exactly like something that Oleg might add to me. Oleg, unlike many of the people who hang out here has a well developed and sophisticated sense of humor, and therefor doesn't take himself so seriously.

We might all take a lesson.

Robert
03-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Actually, "Opium of the People" sounds exactly like something that Oleg might add to me. Oleg, unlike many of the people who hang out here has a well developed and sophisticated sense of humor, and therefor doesn't take himself so seriously.

That's not sophisticated. I've been in the forums for 8 years now, and have never seen Oleg take a swipe (even in jest) at the community. He may have wanted to, and I wouldn't blame him for wanting to, but it's not something I see him doing. If he has an issue with someones comments he addresses it personally and maturely. That was neither, and IMO alienates.

I HAVE heard him (er... read) say things like people always expect more... and that sometimes their expectation is unrealistic or impossible to implement, but I've never seen a childish swipe at anyone. I've always admired his restraint when he's been criticized as much as he has.

So no. I don't think he added that...... which goes to my original point. If it's admin/moderators, they are adding to the climate in here. And that's not right.

nearmiss
03-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I should have been clearer.

We are looking into the tags on postings. Regardless, of their value to members.

Thee_oddball
03-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Are you sure Oleg said that?..I thought it was Karl or was it Groucho?....:-)

Thee_oddball
03-14-2011, 01:21 AM
It was Lenin :evil:

In 1843, Marx published On the Jewish Question, in which he distinguished between political and human emancipation, and made an early examination of the role that religion played in society.[3] That same year he published Contribution to Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right, in which he dealt even more substantially with religion, and which contains his famous remark that "religion is the opiate of the people".[3] Both of those works were written shortly before he left Cologne

:)

Robert
03-14-2011, 02:03 AM
I should have been clearer.

We are looking into the tags on postings. Regardless, of their value to members.

Thanks NM. I'm not trying to be an obtuse jerk here. I'm just frustrated at the atmosphere in the IL2 community. These TAGS don't seem to do anything (for me) but aggravate and add to that climate.

JG52Krupi
03-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Jesus wept some members of this forum seriously need a group unbunching of their collective panties...