PDA

View Full Version : New interview and ingame video

chiefrr73
03-10-2011, 06:31 AM
http://stopgame.ru/vreports/30

chiefrr73
03-10-2011, 06:43 AM
sorry, forgot to say that the interview in in russian language, but there are new sequence from ingame

SsSsSsSsSnake
03-10-2011, 06:51 AM
thanks for that link

chiefrr73
03-10-2011, 07:04 AM
I found it at SimHQ

JG52Krupi
03-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Wow thanks, the hurricane on fire looked amazing

Release the game already :) come on

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 07:20 AM
Nice find, but once again only video of aircraft over the sea, no footage of aircraft flying over land, must be an FPS issue.

Richie
03-10-2011, 07:27 AM
There is so

zauii
03-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Nice find, but once again only video of aircraft over the sea, no footage of aircraft flying over land, must be an FPS issue.

Anyway nice find, :P

Mysticpuma
03-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Looks like a Modded IL2 with HDR Lighting. I'll still buy it once it's been patched though to include Weather ;)

Cheers, MP

JG52Krupi
03-10-2011, 08:05 AM

Ffs tree surely everyone by now knows that it's the level of detail in cities will strain our system we have videos over land and plus we dont know what build was used in this video.

Baron
03-10-2011, 08:17 AM
One thing that "worries" me is the complete lack of hit effects, no flashes, no debris (in most cases) nothing except some smoke and a sudden fire erupting.

Hope thats one of the things they havent shown yet.

Dano
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM

Must? only if you've got limited imagination.

Skoshi Tiger
03-10-2011, 08:55 AM

Definately there tree, need to watch again.

For any Russian speakers in the community, does it mention how old the footage is or what build of sim it came from?

Cheers!

BigPickle
03-10-2011, 09:09 AM
looks like old footage just repeated as the other videos have, thanks for the post anyway though. Still no in game sound.

Dano
03-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Blacksix just posted this over at sukhoi.ru, translated by Bing, make of it what you will:

There's good news.

By incredible tweaks I got 4 Gb operativki (4h1Gb DDR2 Corsair CM2X1024-6400) and inserted into the same system that is described in the article (previously there were 2h1Gb Corsair DDR2 PC2-8500):

ASUS P5Q-PRO
Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 3.33 GHz
MSI N460GTX-Cyclone-OC 725/1GD5 3600
Creative SB X-Fi
Screw 2 TB WD 7200
Win7 Professional x 64/h32

All game (Beta) changed. On the same graphics settings (screen is in the article) you are able to safely fly over London, engaged in major battles over land and cities, built their nests without borders with equipment of airfields. He lived a full mission editor, loaded much faster, etc.
Do output: RAM for BzB almost the most basic option and a 4 Gb even in such an antiquated system would normally play in the release.

=WF=RAW
03-10-2011, 09:54 AM
nothing was said about footage. only set of different questions from game fans. and most of them - questions, answers on which we already know. %(
footage was only like a background matherial not tied to interview subjects.

btw from this interview i decided to myself that Ilya never flied at real airplanes as a pilot or student. There was said about event just before the interview, where he flew as passenger, even have no opportunity to touch stick to make some simple pilotage )))

Tiger27
03-10-2011, 11:45 AM

You are may well be correct re the fps, but do you need to repeat it over and over, do you work for another software company or suffer from something as your rant is starting to sound like an obsession.

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Just because they dont want to show it,doesnt mean that there is a problem with it.Just freaking wait.WAIT!and then comment.All these scenes were from old footage,we just saw more action than what we had already seen,so why did you expect to see something new or different?

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Blacksix just posted this over at sukhoi.ru, translated by Bing, make of it what you will:

Some great news.I wished people here could wait till they get the game before judging it.

Sven
03-10-2011, 11:59 AM
wow awesome high quality vid if you click the 72mb one, thanks for the link!
I did see a spitfire above land, very low, and didn't spot severe stutters. Luthier also said that after some changes they had a big FPS boost.

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Looks like a Modded IL2 with HDR Lighting. I'll still buy it once it's been patched though to include Weather ;)

Cheers, MP

Mystic, can you see a big difference from what you saw back in 2007 at Birmingham or is it very similar?

zauii
03-10-2011, 12:18 PM

Cheers, MP

Try some glasses will ya, the difference is at least equal to BF2(maybe even 1942) Vs BF3 graphic wise, besides its kinda sad that you compare a modded IL2 with Cod. The mods have no depth close to what this game will bring anyway.

major_setback
03-10-2011, 12:19 PM
wow awesome high quality vid if you click the 72mb one, thanks for the link!
I did see a spitfire above land, very low, and didn't spot severe stutters. Luthier also said that after some changes they had a big FPS boost.
Thanks for the tip!

Sweet video.
The most pleasing thing to me is an enormous relief that the colours look great.

The lighting is excellent too. The Heinkel's almost look real in the sequence where one looses a wing in a head-on attack by a Hurricane.

I have a strong feeling that low level fights over London will be only possible in a couple of years time (or at very low settings, so it won't even look like London).

It's getting better all the time.

Thanks for posting.

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Sweet video.
The most pleasing thing to me is an enormous relief that the colours look great.

The lighting is excellent too. The Heinkel's almost look real in the sequence where one looses a wing in a head-on attack by a Hurricane.

I have a strong feeling that low level fights over London will be only possible in a couple of years time (or at very low settings, so it won't even look like London).

It's getting better all the time.

Thanks for posting.

Quoted by Dano from Blacksix:
There's good news.

By incredible tweaks I got 4 Gb operativki (4h1Gb DDR2 Corsair CM2X1024-6400) and inserted into the same system that is described in the article (previously there were 2h1Gb Corsair DDR2 PC2-8500):

ASUS P5Q-PRO
Core 2 Duo E8600 @ 3.33 GHz
MSI N460GTX-Cyclone-OC 725/1GD5 3600
Creative SB X-Fi
Screw 2 TB WD 7200
Win7 Professional x 64/h32

All game (Beta) changed. On the same graphics settings (screen is in the article) you are able to safely fly over London, engaged in major battles over land and cities, built their nests without borders with equipment of airfields. He lived a full mission editor, loaded much faster, etc.
Do output: RAM for BzB almost the most basic option and a 4 Gb even in such an antiquated system would normally play in the release.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
This is exactly the same information we've known since Igromir: the game needs at least 3GB of DDR2 to run smoothly.

major_setback
03-10-2011, 12:32 PM
At 5.15 (on high resolution) you can see the torn fabric that is trailing from the aileron flapping in the wind.
I have been wondering about this since we saw the damage model of the Tiger Moth with similar rips.

:-):-)

Dano
03-10-2011, 12:33 PM
At 2.35 (on high resolution) you can see the torn fabric that is trailing from the aileron flapping in the wind.
I have been wondering about this since we saw the damage model of the Tiger Moth with similar rips.

:-):-)

Yeh, I noticed that too, looks great for a minor detail :)

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 12:40 PM
This is exactly the same information we've known since Igromir: the game needs at least 3GB of DDR2 to run smoothly.

Of course, but here we have a few fellas complaining because theres no footage over London, saying that current pc's cant handle it,and that is not the case.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Of course, but here we have a few fellas complaining because there is not London footage saying that current pc's cant handle it,and that is not the case.
Yeah...I don't think it helps, so much of the footage being recorded on crappy PCs.

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah...I don't think it helps, so much of the footage being recorded on crappy PCs.

Nail on the head there Grunch, you really would of thought that 2 weeks from release that someone would have had the common sense to stick this game on a high end PC and say look at this, or even make the promo movie on a high end PC and take all those awful jaggies off. Why they haven't done this is completely beyond me.

choctaw111
03-10-2011, 12:55 PM

There were movie clips of a Spit flying over land. It looked great.

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Yes but how many other aircraft were in that shot?

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Nail on the head there Grunch, you really would of thought that 2 weeks from release that someone would have had the common sense to stick this game on a high end PC and say look at this, or even make the promo movie on a high end PC and take all those awful jaggies off. Why they haven't done this is completely beyond me.

Its quite easy, and Im getting tired of writing it already,they want us to be surprised.Get it?The game is probably done already.

Ploughman
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM
At least one more than you first saw, eh Tree? :)

The music, it's fromTHAT film isn't it?

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes but how many other aircraft were in that shot?

Cant you just wait 2 weeks and find out for yourself?

DD_crash
03-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I hope that I dont need earplugs because of all the whineing in 2 weeks time :)

rpgielow
03-10-2011, 01:34 PM
I get really nervous when I see those Star Wars like tracers on those movies.

The smoke from tracers looks great, but Ilya said that tracers itself are perfect now. I just don't understand because we only have old footage tracers.

Lets wait and see :grin:

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I get really nervous when I see those Star Wars like tracers on those movies.

The smoke from tracers looks great, but Ilya said that tracers itself are perfect now. I just don't understand because we only have old footage tracers.

Lets wait and see :grin:
That is old footage.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 01:37 PM
I would guess: a) dev team can't afford good hardware at this late stage in development because the money's almost run out b) Ubisoft can't be arsed to do this

rpgielow
03-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I said that is old footage :-P

I am asking where is the actual footage lol

We are almost 2 weeks from launch and nothing.

Maybe they killed the marketing guys lol

major_setback
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I would guess: a) dev team can't afford good hardware at this late stage in development because the money's almost run out b) Ubisoft can't be arsed to do this

I think it ran out a long time ago, and they are running on empty.
Debt collectors are probably camped outside the door.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Yep. They did presumably promise Ubi a new sim and ask for funding all the way back in '03/'04 when the first rumblings of a Battle of Britain sim from Maddox Games began.

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Cant you just wait 2 weeks and find out for yourself?

Will you stop being such an annoying idiot, I am a potential customer and I want to know what I am going to be buying, there is nothing wrong with me asking to see what im going to be getting, I dont want to be suprised either pleasantly or unpleasantly. Now get off my back.

GnigruH
03-10-2011, 02:11 PM
You are far more annoying.
Do you have to preorder or buy this game the same day it's released?
No.
So: wait 2 weeks - see - decide.

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
You are far more annoying.
Do you have to preorder or buy this game the same day it's released?
No.
So: wait 2 weeks - see - decide.

Really.....

Jg2001_Rasputin
03-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Flames look awesome, best I´ve ever seen in a flight simulation. Damge model looks nice, too. There´s a part of the aircraft skin blowing in the wind at 2:33!

Biggs
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
technically its not really 'new' footage, it all looks like it was from the same batch of recordings almost a month ago....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kVocagsoUY&feature=player_embedded

this is essentially the same footage just with a few more clips thrown in.... id say theres about 10% 'never before seen' footage, but its is as old as the stuff we've seen before.

major_setback
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
technically its not really 'new' footage, it all looks like it was from the same batch of recordings almost a month ago....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kVocagsoUY&feature=player_embedded

this is essentially the same footage just with a few more clips thrown in.... id say theres about 10% 'never before seen' footage, but its is as old as the stuff we've seen before.

I'd say there was more than 10 percent new stuff. The fact that it was made a while ago makes no difference to me. The slight difference in quality make a big difference in viewing experience. Panel lines are visible etc.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Clipboardother01cut.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Clipboardyout01cut.jpg

SsSsSsSsSnake
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
That is old footage.

lol Roy you have a lot of posts in this thread :)

Defender
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Really.....

I think at THIS point, anyone who's skeptical and asking questions for fear of being severely let down should just WAIT until after release. These repetitive posts and observations without knowing what the circumstances are becoming erogenous. <--- EDIT: funny iphone auto correct I'm going to leave ;)

We can't use every single game's marketing process in relation to this. DCS had it's beta's, but they released that sim out of nowhere. Screenshots and video's before release were also rare.

Anyway, this isn't a console blockbuster, they're not spending the development equivalent for a marketing campaign obviously. You can take that as a warning or with a grain of salt. We're very close, closer than we've ever been, so lets just let the game release, watch the player vids and read the player reviews and you can make your choice after the fact.

No disrespect intended Tree, the broken record on these forums is becoming exhausting.

The rhetoric in here is starting to remind me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

(not you Tree, just generally)

kimosabi
03-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I find it odd that even though my country borders to Russia, I still don't have the slightest idea of what the heck they're saying. lol

nearmiss
03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
The rhetoric in here is starting to remind me of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0

(not you Tree, just generally)

The video is old as dirt and almost as boring

Kwiatek
03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Looking at these videos expecially with 110 im really curious about slats in 110 C and 109? I dont see anywhere working slats in these planes..

major_setback
03-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I think at THIS point, anyone who's skeptical and asking questions for fear of being severely let down should just WAIT until after release. These repetitive posts and observations without knowing what the circumstances are becoming erogenous....

Really?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/erogenous

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I really dont like the fact that my repetitive posts are 'turning on' Defender, I'll ease of a bit until someones hosed him down.:grin:

Biggs
03-10-2011, 04:55 PM
I'd say there was more than 10 percent new stuff. The fact that it was made a while ago makes no difference to me. The slight difference in quality make a big difference in viewing experience. Panel lines are visible etc.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Clipboardother01cut.jpghttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/major-setback/Clipboardyout01cut.jpg

hmm good eye

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 05:15 PM
I really dont like the fact that my repetitive posts are 'turning on' Defender, I'll ease of a bit until someones hosed him down.:grin:
Don't worry Tree, it was your erogenous statements, not your body. Just use a slightly less erotic kind of rhetoric next time. :lol:

Defender
03-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Really?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/erogenous

iphone auto fill error, thanks for pointing that out...:rolleyes:

As far as the angry german kid....old and boring? Fits my argument perfectly.

I'm glad the other points in my statement were ignored though.

Anyway apologize for pointing out the pointless. These forums bring out the worst in me apparently. Continue with the pointless pre-release banter, I guess there's nothing else to do.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Ahaha! Oh, it picks some good'uns doesn't it, the iPhone?

Defender
03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Ahaha! Oh, it picks some good'uns doesn't it, the iPhone?

I used the word in a monty python quote not too long ago so probably thought i was using it again ;).

"EROGENOUS ZZOONEE"

Royraiden
03-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Will you stop being such an annoying idiot, I am a potential customer and I want to know what I am going to be buying, there is nothing wrong with me asking to see what im going to be getting, I dont want to be suprised either pleasantly or unpleasantly. Now get off my back.

That is all you can do,insult me?I thought you were better than that.You want to know what you are buying,then why the hell cant you wait for the release and see for yourself from the user made videos? You are the one that needs to get off the developer's back. Go on and play chess with your friends if you have any, enjoy your life and stop complaning already.

Extreme_One
03-10-2011, 06:50 PM
... I dont want to be suprised either pleasantly or unpleasantly...

That really made me lol

I have never heard of anyone that doesn't like to be pleasantly surprised!

Hmmm maybe you should stick to Sudoku or something a little less exciting? :-P

Tree_UK
03-10-2011, 07:00 PM
That is all you can do,insult me?I thought you were better than that.You want to know what you are buying,then why the hell cant you wait for the release and see for yourself from the user made videos? You are the one that needs to get off the developer's back. Go on and play chess with your friends if you have any, enjoy your life and stop complaning already.

I apologise for calling you an idiot, it was over the top and a cheap shot. No real excuses just caught me at a bad time. Once again very sorry.

Tree

kimosabi
03-10-2011, 07:01 PM
To anyone wondering what they are potentially buying here, I am happy to report that the item is referred to as a "Combat Flight Simulator" for the PC platform, mainly focused at WW2 combat aircrafts and airwarfare.

TheGrunch
03-10-2011, 08:51 PM
I used the word in a monty python quote not too long ago so probably thought i was using it again ;).

"EROGENOUS ZZOONEE"
Haha! I knew that was it...that was the first thing I thought of when I read your post..."I bet he's talking about that Python sketch. VERY TINNY!"

Heliocon
03-10-2011, 09:32 PM
So tired of this "They want us to be surprised!" excuse.

How many products have you bought before, where they refuse to demonstrate its main features, and dont even bother to give you information in anything but chinese? Furthermore lets say its a vacumn, and they will only show vacuming of a flat surface, like a table, even though the vacumn is meant to be revolutionary and work anywhere on anything. In the commercial / add they say - This will work on any surface its a major tech breakthroug! But we are only showing you flat surfaces here because we want you to be surprised and amazed at how awesome this works on carpet!

Not the best analogy, but when you sell a product it is not supposed to surprise people. Thats buying a promise, not a product.

easytarget3
03-10-2011, 09:35 PM
iam not native russian speaker but i think i understood they were working on dynamic fire, but after some testing they find out it would make the game unplayable so it was halted for now, but i might mis understand something, can anybody comfirm it?thanks

Hecke
03-10-2011, 09:51 PM
woot? is dynamic fire the feature which lets the fire eat up the whole plane after some time ?

Mr_Zooly
03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
The damn game/sim isn't even out yet and it seems some people aren't happy with what has been either mentioned or filmed, GET A GRIP FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a new benchmark for WW2 flight sims and we all know it no matter how many fruitcakes/whining bitches come out of the woodwork and be naysayers, I personally think it would be a good idea to wait and ACTUALLY play the game before any kind of judgement is made, THEN and only THEN do you have the right to comment on this most anticipated of releases (well to the flight sim community at least). If people aren't happy with what is delivered then they should be go and make their own damn game so we can comment on it's shortcomings and whine about how over/under modelled aircraft are etc........

Royraiden
03-11-2011, 01:58 AM
So tired of this "They want us to be surprised!" excuse.

How many products have you bought before, where they refuse to demonstrate its main features, and dont even bother to give you information in anything but chinese? Furthermore lets say its a vacumn, and they will only show vacuming of a flat surface, like a table, even though the vacumn is meant to be revolutionary and work anywhere on anything. In the commercial / add they say - This will work on any surface its a major tech breakthroug! But we are only showing you flat surfaces here because we want you to be surprised and amazed at how awesome this works on carpet!

Not the best analogy, but when you sell a product it is not supposed to surprise people. Thats buying a promise, not a product.
You dont have to buy it unless you see enough convincing footage, so no that is not a promise.

TacKY
03-11-2011, 03:36 AM
Hey guys, I have this WWII sim that I want to sell to you but I am not going to show you anything; just those guys over there in a different language. I do this because I want you to be surprised whenever you buy the game. Just like a STD. cwutididthar

Royraiden
03-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Hey guys, I have this WWII sim that I want to sell to you but I am not going to show you anything; just those guys over there in a different language. I do this because I want you to be surprised whenever you buy the game. Just like a STD. cwutididthar

Quite childish way of thinking,but if you are happy... :D

DD_crash
03-11-2011, 09:25 AM
The damn game/sim isn't even out yet and it seems some people aren't happy with what has been either mentioned or filmed, GET A GRIP FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a new benchmark for WW2 flight sims and we all know it no matter how many fruitcakes/whining bitches come out of the woodwork and be naysayers, I personally think it would be a good idea to wait and ACTUALLY play the game before any kind of judgement is made, THEN and only THEN do you have the right to comment on this most anticipated of releases (well to the flight sim community at least). If people aren't happy with what is delivered then they should be go and make their own damn game so we can comment on it's shortcomings and whine about how over/under modelled aircraft are etc........

Well said Zooly :) This place is getting silly.

Baron
03-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Because we haven't been shown anything over here these past years...riiiight.

Your post is more like: If i dont get to see what the other dude gets to se before i buy it, i wont buy it.

Entirely up to u if u do or don't.

KG26_Alpha
03-11-2011, 11:31 AM
iam not native russian speaker but i think i understood they were working on dynamic fire, but after some testing they find out it would make the game unplayable so it was halted for now, but i might mis understand something, can anybody comfirm it?thanks

This is old news.

Oleg already stated about burning aircraft especially the Hurricane and Wellington there were some screenshots.

TacKY
03-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Because we haven't been shown anything over here these past years...riiiight.

Your post is more like: If i dont get to see what the other dude gets to se before i buy it, i wont buy it.

Entirely up to u if u do or don't.

I guess you live in this fantasy world where it is justified to buy a game based on screenshots and a few official edited videos.

The Kraken
03-11-2011, 08:12 PM
You have to justify buying games? Scary thought...

David603
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I guess you live in this fantasy world where it is justified to buy a game based on screenshots and a few official edited videos.
Right, because developers never release a game without more than screenshots, trailers and journalist previews/reviews?

Blackdog_kt
03-12-2011, 04:28 AM

There's nothing stopping you from waiting for the reviews and community feedback you know ;)

Royraiden
03-12-2011, 04:49 AM
Right, because developers never release a game without more than screenshots, trailers and journalist previews/reviews?

There's nothing stopping you from waiting for the reviews and community feedback you know ;)

1+ Just wait and see!!!!