PDA

View Full Version : COD trailer...*i wish*

furbs
03-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Now this is what I think the COD trailer should of looked like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD5WTJYvqaI&feature=player_embedded

kirq
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
+1

BigC208
03-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Looks, yes. Sounds, no. That would be false advertising. Pretty sure they'll come out with something nice closer to the release date.

Qpassa
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
In two words: W OW
Spectacular video!

[RS]Boomer
03-05-2011, 06:45 PM
That video was awesome! I really hope they come out with something like that. And I hope the sounds are like that in CoD, they sound so deep and rich.

Trumper
03-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Looks, yes. Sounds, no. That would be false advertising. Pretty sure they'll come out with something nice closer to the release date.
But surely the COD sim SHOULD sound like this.Alot of the audio is taken from the 1969 BoB film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BCl8RuME-M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNVVoH9-QH0&feature=related but they are real Merlins [unfortunately also in the Buchons] but these sounds are what this sim should be getting.

Flyby
03-05-2011, 07:33 PM
BRAVO!!! Well done! This video certainly captures the actual movie, and then some. I'm really liking the terrain coloring, and overall lighting. This is 1946 with the AAA mods? Impressive. Great looking movie.
Flyby out

Trumper
03-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Barflys il2 film really raises the bar for COD to follow,can it?

Tacoma74
03-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Awesome video indeed! But do we need two of the same threads? Just sayin'... ;)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19057

Tree_UK
03-06-2011, 12:40 AM

False adverstising is what we are currently getting with COD, the promotional videos are not actual 'in game' vids, they are stiched together with the new video tool that allows the FPS drop to be removed. Also there is no sound at all, with Barfly's video at least we know that we could fly in any of those situations with a decent FPS we dont know we could do the same with COD.

TheGrunch
03-06-2011, 04:26 AM
I like the way we've gone from 'might be stitched together' to 'are', Tree. When did this 100% confirmation of your theory occur?

Baron
03-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Yep, id like the link to that proof to.

And regarding the sounds in that vid, im sure Oleg wouldnt get any headaches from ripping of exact sounds from a well known movie.

Heliocon
03-06-2011, 08:42 AM
False adverstising is what we are currently getting with COD, the promotional videos are not actual 'in game' vids, they are stiched together with the new video tool that allows the FPS drop to be removed. Also there is no sound at all, with Barfly's video at least we know that we could fly in any of those situations with a decent FPS we dont know we could do the same with COD.

uhhh, what program exactly? Tree chill man, when I am saying chill, you need to chiiiiilllll - we dont know anything for sure.

other then that they have bad taste in music...

Baron
03-06-2011, 09:02 AM
uhhh, what program exactly? Tree chill man, when I am saying chill, you need to chiiiiilllll - we dont know anything for sure.

other then that they have bad taste in music...

Fyi, the music was perfect imo.

If i thought your opinions "sucked", does that mean i have to point that out every time i get a chance, no, it doesnt. At a sertain point it changes from "opinion" to plain nasty/petty/insulting.

Its permissible to have an unexpressed thought once in a while u know.

Other than the its quite clear that many of u are stuck on over analysing every single frame/screenshot entirely missing the big picture. Its also quite clear many of u dont know what your looking at when making comparisons or "this is how it should look" etc. Either that u deliberately ignore it and post just to stir things up. Either way, its gotten old and tiresome long ago.

Thats not intended as a insult, its just plain fact, a fact that 90% of these forums know to be true.

P.S. NOT directed at U in particular and if u or any other member comes dragging with "if we dont tell them whats wrong they can fix it" ill scream out loud because getting pointers from people who clearly dont know what they are looking at is like asking your dentist to fix your plumbing.( And i do mean the plumbing in your HOUSE.)

TheGrunch
03-06-2011, 09:41 AM
That's not the real problem. The real problem is that on the one hand we have the hardcore predictors of the sim-apocalypse stating unequivocally and simultaneously that the game will look like arse-biscuits AND not run on any computer ever...and on the other we have those who think that ANY criticism is unacceptable because the game is made by the mighty god hand of our blessed infallible deity Olegus Christ. Gets a bit difficult to post ANYTHING with that kind of combination of posters online.

addman
03-06-2011, 09:50 AM
That's not the real problem. The real problem is that on the one hand we have the hardcore predictors of the sim-apocalypse stating unequivocally and simultaneously that the game will look like arse-biscuits AND not run on any computer ever...and on the other we have those who think that ANY criticism is unacceptable because the game is made by the mighty god hand of our blessed infallible deity Olegus Christ. Gets a bit difficult to post ANYTHING with that kind of combination of posters online.

LOL! Spot on! It's nice to see that there are people with a mind outside of the banana forum.

Madfish
03-06-2011, 11:33 AM

Seriously, why are you here? All I see from you is you bickering about the game. How about you go and play with some bricks outside? I'm sure you won't have any FPS problems there.

No one really cares what the FPS are because it WILL be playable and if you get low FPS then either buy a better computer or again: play with bricks. Of course the game will have issues, FPS issues for some even. But freaking WAIT and see for yourself OR go and play with bricks.

Just for your information, before you say that they're tricking you into buying a useless product: advertising is a term thats usually misunderstood by most people. A video trailer e.g. is NOT advertising. It is a video showing something - it doesn't even have to rely on ingame shots alone, CG and other sources would be fine as well. What if the developers included a photo or video of them? Would that be false advertising too because it's not part of the game? Damnit, you should be smart enough to know that you can't trust anything anymore in these days - not even reviews.
False advertising would be if they embed some advertisement trailers on youtube saying: you can play this game in fullhd high quality on your gameboy color! Do I see any of that in the videos they posted? No, I don't.

But then again - all I see from you is stupid rambling so the question why you're here in the first place remains. If you're so skeptical, after so many years of waiting you can't even wait until someone reviews the game? Hilarious. Go troll the call of duty forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
But in general I agree with the OP. Those videos are really cool and it'd be awesome to see a video with such a neat plot to show some of the features of the game.
I believe that in other sims some guys with great video editing capabilities as well as interest in the sim get invited prior to release under the condition of releasing such a video. Think of glowingamraam, or what the guy is called, doing all these vids for eagle dynamics. Maybe it'd still make some sense to get someone from the IL2 community and do the same? ;)

But honestly I think it's too late anyways. Eventually we'll see a couple of nice videos a bit after release already. There's probably not enough time left to really make a great video and rushing it would probably result in poor quality.

Baron
03-06-2011, 12:53 PM

Just need to tell u that im not one of those who think Oleg is infallible ;) There are plenty of stuff i dont "like". I just dont think those things are important enough to point out over and over agin. I try to look at the Big picture, what "we" will be able to work with from now on. :)

TheGrunch
03-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Just need to tell u that im not one of those who think Oleg is infallible ;) There are plenty of stuff i dont "like". I just dont think those things are important enough to point out over and over agin. I try to look at the Big picture, what "we" will be able to work with from now on. :)
Yeah, I know what you mean, i.e., the colours, clouds, landscape, etc. issues that we *know* the team are aware that we are concerned about get very tiresome when repeated over and over. I think often the problem is that it's hard for people to contact Oleg and the team without using the update threads, and often legitimate concerns get buried in a pile of useless dribble and arguments almost immediately and so they're never noticed. I try not to post in update threads any more for that reason. A perfect example is BOBC's and Rodolphe's threads, which are purely about constructive criticism of small details in the game...dev team don't have time to read outside the update threads, but every time these details are brought up in an update thread they immediately get buried by Oleg's almost religiously over-defensive followers going out of their heads because someone DARES to point out a small error.

Vevster
03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Nice video.
Unfortunately, that's a bit long for an afdvertising trailer.
But hey, maybe we'll get this kind of vids after the release.

Jughead
03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Nice video.
Unfortunately, that's a bit long for an afdvertising trailer.
But hey, maybe we'll get this kind of vids after the release.

I don't know about that. I couldn't stop watching it! Awesome vid!

Tree_UK
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Seriously, why are you here? All I see from you is you bickering about the game. How about you go and play with some bricks outside? I'm sure you won't have any FPS problems there.

No one really cares what the FPS are because it WILL be playable and if you get low FPS then either buy a better computer or again: play with bricks. Of course the game will have issues, FPS issues for some even. But freaking WAIT and see for yourself OR go and play with bricks.

Just for your information, before you say that they're tricking you into buying a useless product: advertising is a term thats usually misunderstood by most people. A video trailer e.g. is NOT advertising. It is a video showing something - it doesn't even have to rely on ingame shots alone, CG and other sources would be fine as well. What if the developers included a photo or video of them? Would that be false advertising too because it's not part of the game? Damnit, you should be smart enough to know that you can't trust anything anymore in these days - not even reviews.
False advertising would be if they embed some advertisement trailers on youtube saying: you can play this game in fullhd high quality on your gameboy color! Do I see any of that in the videos they posted? No, I don't.

But then again - all I see from you is stupid rambling so the question why you're here in the first place remains. If you're so skeptical, after so many years of waiting you can't even wait until someone reviews the game? Hilarious. Go troll the call of duty forums.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
But in general I agree with the OP. Those videos are really cool and it'd be awesome to see a video with such a neat plot to show some of the features of the game.
I believe that in other sims some guys with great video editing capabilities as well as interest in the sim get invited prior to release under the condition of releasing such a video. Think of glowingamraam, or what the guy is called, doing all these vids for eagle dynamics. Maybe it'd still make some sense to get someone from the IL2 community and do the same? ;)

But honestly I think it's too late anyways. Eventually we'll see a couple of nice videos a bit after release already. There's probably not enough time left to really make a great video and rushing it would probably result in poor quality.

Christ, who put a pound coin in his slot??

Trumper
03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Yep, id like the link to that proof to.

And regarding the sounds in that vid, im sure Oleg wouldnt get any headaches from ripping of exact sounds from a well known movie.
I agree with the can't rip the soundtrack off a film but the point is they are recorded from sources that can be used both for a film and a sim.
It's the quality and realism of sound i am thinking about,no need for the il2 lawnmowers now.
I will be interested in seeing what delights we may get from the likes of those with the talents of Mysticpuma and Barfly when this sim is out and run in.
I do wonder whether the sim could also be marketed for CGI in more mainstream TV/Documentary/film work away from the gaming side.
Imagine being able to film in a very life like manner a multitude of now extinct aircraft. :)

DoolittleRaider
03-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Here is the best SOW:BOB trailer...before it became COD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhPOFbtZKg&feature=player_embedded

Heliocon
03-07-2011, 02:28 AM

+1

Problem is also a lack of communication, if people dont get heard they feel the need to yell louder, if they still get no reaction they grab a microphone and speakers. If they still get no reply they leave the forum.

Unfortuently we have had very little feedback/info/contact, if I would criticise anything it is that. Because that contact is necessary. Often people just want to be heard and know that their comment has been seen. I think alot of tension stems from the lack of acknowledgment.

Blackdog_kt
03-07-2011, 03:50 AM

I will concur with that. Two much picking sides going on and it's drowning out a lot of useful discussion.

nicster
03-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Anyone seen the Berlin Wall trailer? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmXkBlJzYjA&hd=1