PDA

View Full Version : Correct fonts for Oleg

reflected
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Dear Oleg,

You're about to release the most awesome sim ever, please don't ruin it by not using the correct fonts on RAF aircrafts.

Please download the correct one here:
http://www.simmerspaintshop.com/forums/dlcat-military-fonts-19/

incorrect:
http://i51.tinypic.com/25j9fyd.jpg

correct:
http://i52.tinypic.com/4t7bjn.jpg

Thank you,

leggit
03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
i don't think this is going to ruin the game....please keep things in perspective.

Sternjaeger
03-04-2011, 11:13 AM
maybe ruin the game is too much, but I always got the impression that Maddox Games has always been very much crap in the skins department.. it's a shame, considering how many talented skinners are out there!

Biggs
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Ruin the game? Certaily not. But this is worth noting as maddox games will be patching this game after release. This error could easly make it to one of the patches.

Good catch.

Qpassa
03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I think you are too dramatic, but I think he has to change the font

Osprey
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Two weeks before release. I think you gave him the information he needs just in time.....

zauii
03-04-2011, 01:02 PM
maybe ruin the game is too much, but I always got the impression that Maddox Games has always been very much crap in the skins department.. it's a shame, considering how many talented skinners are out there!

Maybe too much?
Hell ye its too much, kinda pathetic if anyone even considers an missplaced font as to why a game would be ruined.. Get a grip of yourselves fgs.

reflected
03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
I 've highilited it many times before....

And ok, it's not gonna ruin the game literally, but it certainly will ruin the immersion for someone like me who spent years flying BoB2 where every plane/squad had historically accurate skins. Someone like me who loves making videos and taking screenshots which will certainly be ruined by this wrong font.

And come on, no need to draw your swords because someone pointed out an easiy-to-fix blooper in a game that you're in love with. It's only gonna make it better. ;) (talking to zauii here )

The Kraken
03-04-2011, 02:55 PM
BoB2 where every plane/squad had historically accurate skins

...once that feature had been added in a patch only a few years after release ;)

Trumper
03-04-2011, 03:56 PM
...once that feature had been added in a patch only a few years after release ;)
Yes the patch was added by people doing it for nothing in their own time and expense.A community effort by volunteers improving something that is alot older than a newly developed sim with all the correct information to hand.
It was all done for the benefit of everyone.
It's apples and pears but this sim can get it correct straight off,no excuses for mistakes on this one.
Please don't knock the older sim ,it was a stepping stone that Oleg can now improve on. :)

philip.ed
03-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes the patch was added by people doing it for nothing in their own time and expense.A community effort by volunteers improving something that is alot older than a newly developed sim with all the correct information to hand.
It was all done for the benefit of everyone.
It's apples and pears but this sim can get it correct straight off,no excuses for mistakes on this one.
Please don't knock the older sim ,it was a stepping stone that Oleg can now improve on. :)

Well said Trumper!