PDA

View Full Version : Collector´s edition release cancelled????

jcenzano
03-01-2011, 10:37 AM
I just got this email form the finnish shop in which I had preordered the CE:

ENGLISH
--------------------------------------

IL2 STURMOVIK CLIFFS OF DOVER Collectors Edition PC will not be released by Ubisoft.
The release changed to the normal version of the game.

We are very sorry about the new release information.
The few times we confirmed the products availability the suppliers told the collectors edition was coming according to Ubisoft's release lists.

I have checked the german UBISOFT website and they are still offering it.
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/de_DE/pd/productID.221861400/IL2-STURMOVIK-Luftschlacht-um-England-Collectors-Edition.html
Anyone with the same problem? Isn´t it a little bit strange??

Untamo
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Which shop was that? We have a order in Puolenkuunpelit with my friend. It hasn't been cancelled yet, but they did take it off the shelf. So did Verkkokauppa.com.

EDIT: Ok.. my friend got the cancellation message from Puolenkuunpelit too :(

-Untamo

ghodan
03-01-2011, 11:24 AM
UBIsoft....so bad.
So so bad.

Lets pickup the pitchforks and torches?
http://worldofweirdthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mob_440.jpg

:evil:

Herra Tohtori
03-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Same supplier (Puolenkuun Pelit), same email here.

I would be extremely interested in acquiring information regarding whether the entire release of Collector's Edition has been axed, or if Ubisoft just cancelled it in certain countries (including Finland).

Depending on whether it is possible to order the game from abroad, I need to decide whether to pre-order the standard version of the game or not.

Also, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the people who make this kind of availability decisions. The one time I would have been willing to shell out a bit of extra money in exchange of some extra content in addition to the basic game, and to show my support to the developers...

Ubisoft... I am disappoint

addman
03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Same thing here, got a mail from cdon.fi last week telling me that they won't be receiving any collectors edition. Got a nice discount on any future purchases from them though, that was nice since I didn't expect it. Vpd.fi and bootstep.fi still seems to take pre-orders though:

http://www.boostep.fi/product_info.php?ref=9&products_id=354308&utm_source=hintaseuranta&utm_medium=prodlink&utm_campaign=hintaseuranta

http://www.vpd.fi/tuote/19558/61/80/IL-2%20Sturmovik%20Cliffs%20of%20Dover%20Collectors%2 0Edition%20PC%20%28DVD%29/PC/Ennakot

ole hyvä! varsågoda! :grin:

Sauf
03-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Well all the Australians ordered the game from Finland which has now ran out of stock, the good news is EB games in Australia announced the dvd and CE today so all the Finn's can order from Australia!

UBI you really need to take a good hard look at yourself! No-one knows what the smeg is going on, dont think ive ever seen BUYING something made so complicated.

jcenzano
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM

I would be extremely interested in acquiring information regarding whether the entire release of Collector's Edition has been axed, or if Ubisoft just cancelled it in certain countries (including Finland).

Depending on whether it is possible to order the game from abroad, I need to decide whether to pre-order the standard version of the game or not.

Also, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the people who make this kind of availability decisions. The one time I would have been willing to shell out a bit of extra money in exchange of some extra content in addition to the basic game, and to show my support to the developers...

+1

Untamo
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Well all the Australians ordered the game from Finland which has now ran out of stock, the good news is EB games in Australia announced the dvd and CE today so all the Finn's can order from Australia!

Hehe, seems that we have to do so :)

UBI you really need to take a good hard look at yourself! No-one knows what the smeg is going on, dont think ive ever seen BUYING something made so complicated.

+ 1 billion

Skoshi Tiger
03-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Just recieved the news from boostep.fi

So Sad!

rob63
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi all,

First post but long time IL-2 enthusiast. Got the cancel notice from puolenkuunpelit as well. I checked EB Australia site but they don't list Cliffs of Dover only Birds of Prey for xbox and ps. If anyone has link on where to purchase CE for CoD I would appreciate. Otherwise the download version may be the only option. :(

Bowtome
03-01-2011, 01:15 PM
When will shopto.net or play.com actually have it for pre-order?

ytareh
03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Same here...finnish order to ireland cancelled ...absolute joke of a situation...

JG301_HaJa
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Cancelled in Sweden aswell, supplier don't deliver to this country is the explanation. Order were made in webhallen.se but thier response has been good. 50 SEK off ordinary version if I still wan't the order with them or refund :)

Osprey
03-01-2011, 04:54 PM
I haven't had the cancellation in the UK yet but I will expect it now.

Ubi are a disgrace - why would Oleg go through a bunch of turds that give it virtually no marketing time?

Coen020
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
* at the Ubisoft headquarters:

Employee: ''Boss, I've got an idea: let's make the games we sell extremely rare, that way it will somehow improve our income and popularity''

Bpss: ''Yeah, that sounds very logical indeed, im stepping down as boss and you can take my place because I am ashame i didn't thought of that''

Herra Tohtori
03-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm actually starting to get worried that IL-2 Sturmovik series suffers the same fate as FreeSpace franchise, which was a superb game series that was left unfinished due to bad sales of the second game in series (FreeSpace2) - because the producer, Interplay, didn't market it properly.

What I don't understand is this flip-flopping with availability information. What's up with that? Can't be too hard to make a comprehensive list of what version shall be available where, and then stick to it, or increase the supply to match the demand if that happens to be the case!

Ubisoft's business model indeed seems to invert the conventional definition of laws of supply and demand - instead of demand defining the amount of supply, Ubisoft has figured a way to increase demand by reducing the supply.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100731150958/uncyclopedia/images/1/16/Coolface.png

Genius troll marketing ploy.

Whatever, I would have been happy to pay double the price to get a cool Spitfire manual, game manual on print rather than a crummy PDF file, and a cloth map of 1940 West Europe, but I guess my money is not good enough for them. Not to mention I still have no answers as to whather the entire Collector's Edition is going to even exist in the first place, so I can't know where I would even start to order it if I were to get it from abroad, which would present logistical challenges unforeseen in purchasing a game.

It's just... I'm not asking too much, am I? Why would a company whose profit depends on paying customers actually refuse to sell stuff at certain demographics of their target group (namely, those living outside an unspecified area)?

I'm sad and confused and tired. Is there any way to contact Ubisoft and ask if they even have discrete plans on their marketing strategy regarding this game, or if they're just winging it as they go?

meshuggahs
03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Crash and burn Ubi. Crash and burn.
Hope 1c finds someone else to get the CE's out.

Towarisch
03-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Hello Pilots.

i have ordered TODAY here in Germany about Amazon, the Collectors Edition of Cliffs of Dover http://www.amazon.de/. Maybe helps for you. I hope they will send it to me on 24.March 2011................roaaaaarrrrr:)

we cu in the sky

Towarisch

JG52Krupi
03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Im going to bite the bullet and order the CE through the ubi website thats what they want ppl to do.

ghodan
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Im going to bite the bullet and order the CE through the ubi website thats what they want ppl to do.

WHUT? Link?
I only see a download version on the webshop.
They take orders and send a boxed CE to your home?

JG52Uther
03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
It seems to link with whatever country you live in,ordering at the ubi site.For me,it takes me to a link where I can buy the CE or download,people from other countries get routed to their own countries ubi site.
Really,its a joke of a situation for such a long anticipated game.Bloody weird way to sell a game,making it impossible to buy in a lot of countries,and I hate to say it,but its just this sort of thing that encourages piracy.
But,when we heard ubi was in charge in the west,did we really expect anything different?

WTE_Galway
03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Really,its a joke of a situation for such a long anticipated game.Bloody weird way to sell a game,making it impossible to buy in a lot of countries,and I hate to say it,but its just this sort of thing that encourages piracy.

More than one person has commented to me "I was thinking of getting it but if its only available by download then why not just wait for the cracked version on bit-torrent".

I completely disapprove of piracy in any form but its easy to see how such stupid marketing might tempt the less scrupulous to go that way.

Biggs
03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
This is exactly why I havent bothered even pre-ordering it at all...

who knows what version (download or hardcopy), when and where this game will be release???
ubi has only mentioned a d/l version. no US game sites have it even listed as a "coming soon"...

Im waiting for the "omg they changed my pre-order to april 19!!" thread.

:rolleyes:

WTE_Galway
03-01-2011, 09:58 PM

who knows what version (download or hardcopy), when and where this game will be release???
ubi has only mentioned a d/l version. no US game sites have it even listed as a "coming soon"...

What it really amazing is only last week the Ubisoft CEO was quoted as saying that UBI actually LOSES money on its online digital games which makes you wonder about the download only market segment as well:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/14/digital-games-weighing-down-ubisofts-profits-says-ceo/

gonk
03-01-2011, 10:15 PM
What it really amazing is only last week the Ubisoft CEO was quoted as saying that UBI actually LOSES money on its online digital games which makes you wonder about the download only market segment as well:

Hmm... lets see... It cost $90 bucks for a Hard Copy.... or $90 bucks for a Digital copy.... and they lose money for digital version... when there is not loss of stock , transport fees , 3rd party sellers...etc

... So they do this for the joy of giving..

Ubisoft is Santa.... I can smell a little BS here...( yes...I read the story... the BS remark is not at you WTE_Galway.... thx for the link)

ptisinge
03-01-2011, 10:20 PM
When my order was cancelled with Boostep, the shop actually included the forwarded message they received from Ubi:

"IL2: Cliffs of Dover Collector's Edition
----------

Due to a failure in the manufacturing of several components for IL2: Cliffs of Dover ?I am sorry to inform you, that Ubisoft not will be able to deliver this product as ?requested and furthermore we will not start up the manufacturing again.
I have arranged to have the standard version exclusively for the ?Nordic countries only due to the fact this version only was meant to ?be a downloadable version.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may have cost you and customers.
?Ubisoft Nordic A/S"

It seems that the screw up was indeed linked to the manufacturing of the boxes for the Nordic countries, but I'm not trusting any CE pre order for now, especially not EB Games - just wait a little bit and we'll learn that "manufacturing problems" (a good term for chaotic and improvised planning) occured and the Australian release is delayed for 6 months. Besides, EB Games is not listing anything at all for the moment.

I'll stick with dowload versions for now.

Blackdog_kt
03-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Having one of my relatives who's studying in the UK order and pick it up for me is becoming more and more attractive each day.

It seems the only way to get a collector's edition is to log into their webshop with a UK-based IP address and specify a UK land address for them to ship to. However, the most embarrassing thing is that there's not even a regular boxed edition available for most countries.

Well, we still have 25 days to go, let's see what happens.

Codex
03-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Hmm, just had my dummy spit in another thread after Boostep advised the CE was cancelled.

I just contacted EB Australia: Confirmed the CE edition is available for $109.95(AUS) but no release date as yet.

It's not currently listed on their customer site but you can pre-order in store as it's listed on their internal database.

UBI Shop Australia only has the download version available.

WTE_Galway
03-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Hmm... lets see... It cost $90 bucks for a Hard Copy.... or $90 bucks for a Digital copy.... and they lose money for digital version... when there is not loss of stock , transport fees , 3rd party sellers...etc

... So they do this for the joy of giving..

Ubisoft is Santa.... I can smell a little BS here...( yes...I read the story... the BS remark is not at you WTE_Galway.... thx for the link)

Well to be fair the "digital" games they are referring to are the free to play MMP online facebook style games like Evony, Mafia Wars etc. In these games whilst you can play for free, the special "items" etc you need to get ahead only pop up rarely and they make their money by selling players these special items.

The CoD equivalent would be if the game was free to download and play online but access to better aircraft etc needed to be unlocked by collecting "medals".

The "medals" would randomly popup occasionally after an air to air victory online (maybe once in 10 or 20 kills) but you might need to play for a month or two to get enough to get a Spitfire (you start with only the Gladiator). However all is not lost as the kindly developers have been considerate enough to offer you a medal pack for only $20 allowing you to get a more competitive plane straight away. Of course medals bought cannot be transferred between servers.

Eventually even though the games are "free to play" you spend more than buying a game outright to remain competitive.

ptisinge
03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I just contacted EB Australia: Confirmed the CE edition is available for $109.95(AUS) but no release date as yet.

Meh, let see, the CE edition for 110 bucks or the download version at 48 bucks via GetGame... I wanted the CE edition, but I'm not supporting EB or any Aussie shop that charges us ludicrous prices (but cry and make a drama when we find ways to acquire our games at a realistic price).

Herra Tohtori
03-01-2011, 11:43 PM
When my order was cancelled with Boostep, the shop actually included the forwarded message they received from Ubi:

"IL2: Cliffs of Dover Collector's Edition
----------

Due to a failure in the manufacturing of several components for IL2: Cliffs of Dover ?I am sorry to inform you, that Ubisoft not will be able to deliver this product as ?requested and furthermore we will not start up the manufacturing again.
I have arranged to have the standard version exclusively for the ?Nordic countries only due to the fact this version only was meant to ?be a downloadable version.
I apologize for the inconvenience this may have cost you and customers.
?Ubisoft Nordic A/S"

It seems that the screw up was indeed linked to the manufacturing of the boxes for the Nordic countries, but I'm not trusting any CE pre order for now, especially not EB Games - just wait a little bit and we'll learn that "manufacturing problems" (a good term for chaotic and improvised planning) occured and the Australian release is delayed for 6 months. Besides, EB Games is not listing anything at all for the moment.

I'll stick with dowload versions for now.

This is the most information so far in this thread.

Manufacturing problems, for crying out loud.

In the immortal words of the famous scholar and gentleman, Jeremy Clarkson: "How Hard Can It Be?"

It's not like they were going to include a live-sized bronze bust of Winston Churchill or a plastic model kit of Spitfire Mk. I, there was supposed to be (in addition to the game itself) a box, a map, a replica Spitfire field manual, and the game manual in print.

How do you screw up the manufacture of several of these components? Did Ubisoft outsource the production of these intricated complex components to some third party who got the specifications wrong or failed to deliver?

If this is true, then the entire collector's edition will not exist. If this is true, then it isn't strictly Ubisoft's fault, if some subcontractor provided defective stuff or something.

However, this does smell like a cover operation for either bad planning and execution of the production (seriously - manufacturing problems?), or they're trying to get people to buy the regular game first and then release some sort of collector's edition at a later date. I'll give them the benefit of doubt, though, and get the regular version instead I guess...

Assuming the game will even be available on the scheduled release date.

Screamadelica
03-01-2011, 11:47 PM
This is BULL@#&#!:evil: What the hell is going on? I would really like to buy this game if Ubisoft would let me. Could we please have some official word on this whole fiasco.

Necrobaron
03-02-2011, 01:30 AM

That is me too. I'll probably pick up the game (or order it) a week after it is released. At least there shouldn't be much confusion by then.

gonk
03-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Meh, let see, the CE edition for 110 bucks or the download version at 48 bucks via GetGame... I wanted the CE edition, but I'm not supporting EB or any Aussie shop that charges us ludicrous prices (but cry and make a drama when we find ways to acquire our games at a realistic price).

I guess EB will then go the way of the DODO, Angus and Robertson / Borders....:rolleyes:

Codex
03-02-2011, 05:43 AM

I'm of the same opinion but I suspect all reseller's offering CoD have had the squeeze put on them by UBI. Given the pathetic excuse relayed to Boostep I'd bet my last dollar that UBI basically said cancel all orders to overseas customer's or else.

Besides, the CE from Boostep was $93, EB are offering it for $110, I wont miss $17 in a hurry.

Skoshi Tiger
03-02-2011, 05:49 AM
Besides, the CE from Boostep was $93, EB are offering it for $110, I wont miss $17 in a hurry.

+1, but my biggest concern would be we have had no official mention of the problem from UBI. Will EBGames actually recieve copies of the CE they are selling or will they have to cancel their pre-orders tin a weeks time too?

Cheers!

Wolf_Rider
03-02-2011, 06:21 AM
This is BULL@#&#!:evil: What the hell is going on? I would really like to buy this game if Ubisoft would let me. Could we please have some official word on this whole fiasco.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Pgvl4GC_Jhc/Sm2tNU3zOFI/AAAAAAAAAZA/QhEyTCaDeh0/s320/lynch+mob.jpg

SsSsSsSsSnake
03-02-2011, 06:25 AM
so far nothing about the uk CE on my order but it is coming from Luxemburg so who knows lol:)

Skoshi Tiger
03-02-2011, 10:11 AM
I just received my full refund for the CE from Boostep.fi :)

As I've said elsewhere, they know how to look after their customers.

This sort of marketing must put a lot of unwanted pressure on the retailer like them. They provide a service to the best of their ability and then when the supplier pulls the pin it's the retail outlet that bears the brunt of the customer hostility.

I would definately do more business through BooStep.

Cheers!

Feathered_IV
03-02-2011, 10:26 AM
This is the most information so far in this thread.

Manufacturing problems, for crying out loud.

In the immortal words of the famous scholar and gentleman, Jeremy Clarkson: "How Hard Can It Be?"

Printing to a high resolution on fabric is actually quite tricky and not at all cheap. I did raise an eyebrow at the printing of the faux silk "escape map". I would not be surprised if the price blew out and the idea had to be scrapped.

150GCT_Veltro
03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Do you were going to get the Bf-109E-4 with the Collector Edition? No......so what do you care about it? Collector Edition are usually only a waste of money.

We still don't have understood if we'll have or not a DVD version for the standard edition. I don't know if i'll have it in Italy or not....ecc. ec... ecc....

Oleg where are you?

meshuggahs
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Do you were going to get the Bf-109E-4 with the Collector Edition? No......so what do you care about it? Collector Edition are usually only a waste of money.

Well to me the DVD is a waste of money. I was after the other stuff that was supposed to be in the CE.
Now I'll prolly just buy it digitally since the normal DVD case is worth nothing.

BigPickle
03-02-2011, 11:42 AM

+1
I went into a shop called "GAME" its pretty big chain here in the UK.
They have sheets sent to the stores monthly to check about whats in the stores during the year.
The guy behind the counter i asked, who was a FS fan and had played all the IL2 games was quite excited as, check this.. he had never heard of Cliffs of Dover (Storm Of War) and it definitely wasnt on his games list sheets either.
They had games listed all the way through to DECEMBER 2011!

And now checked the GB UBI site, no longer can you pre-order the CE either, its back to the regular edition which has been bumped up £10 more than other main releases.

RETARDED Marketing RESULTS in Piracy and POOR Sales, Worst case, UBI dont make a profit, and 1C could be left to carry the can.

UBI get your butts together and advertise this game!!

Xilon_x
03-02-2011, 11:47 AM
i am confused EXAMPLE:
MICROSOFT is only MICROSOFT and FSX is microsoft.

CLIFFS of DOVER is 1C company why 1C Company use UBISOFT?

CLIFFS of DOVER is only 1C Company..........NO UBISOFT.

BigPickle
03-02-2011, 11:51 AM
They are probably bound by a deal, say, they (UBI) published IL2 Sturmovik (first game) when 1C was a small company, 1C team were contracted to have UBI as publisher for the next, i dont know, say 5 games or they dont publish IL2 Sturmovik (first game). Thats normally how the publishing business kinda works.

HFC_Dolphin
03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
It'll be completely silly to not offer a DVD option.
No need to discuss the consequences of such a retarded policy.

All in all, all latest information seem to lead that game is rushed to be released and most probably there will be dissapointment to the customers.
I find it I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E that a game that we're waiting for more than 5 years is not listed in Amazon.co.uk just 20 days before its announced release. There are thousands of people who were "living" for this game in all these years and this mess shows clearly that many things are wrong here.

Anyway, we're still hoping of problems to dissapear!

150GCT_Veltro
03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Well to me the DVD is a waste of money. I was after the other stuff that was supposed to be in the CE.
Now I'll prolly just buy it digitally since the normal DVD case is worth nothing.

Lucky you, if you can download so many GBs without problems.

Amazon.it doesn't have CoD in store.

lbuchele
03-02-2011, 01:48 PM

Thank you,that Camel's fleas thing made me laugh so loud that I attract so much attention over me that the wife thought I was mad...:o
To laugh is a really good medicine to the soul...:-)

Flying Pencil
03-02-2011, 03:49 PM
i am confused EXAMPLE:
MICROSOFT is only MICROSOFT and FSX is microsoft.

CLIFFS of DOVER is 1C company why 1C Company use UBISOFT?

CLIFFS of DOVER is only 1C Company..........NO UBISOFT.

1C = Developer, like Author of book.

Ubi = Publisher.

1C *must* find publisher to print and distribute software becuase they do not have the ability (but does not have to be Ubi).

*However*, with the ability to download games today, it is possible to do it directly (need a LOT of bandwidth), or service like Steam.
It might not be easy, not sure cost nor how good marketing it.

Daniël
03-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Would it be possible to download the game and copy it and put it on a CD? Then you have a CD, of course a boxed version which you don't have to download is better, I think.

SsSsSsSsSnake
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
+1
They have sheets sent to the stores monthly to check about whats in the stores during the year.
The guy behind the counter i asked, who was a FS fan and had played all the IL2 games was quite excited as, check this.. he had never heard of Cliffs of Dover (Storm Of War) and it definitely wasnt on his games list sheets either.

And now checked the GB UBI site, no longer can you pre-order the CE either, its back to the regular edition which has been bumped up £10 more than other main releases.

RETARDED Marketing RESULTS in Piracy and POOR Sales, Worst case, UBI dont make a profit, and 1C could be left to carry the can.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.221861800/sac.true

i still see it

BigPickle
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Thats exactly what I've done every time I have bought digitally, but remember this you WILL pay more for the digital download for sure. Maybe thats where this is going, hmmm .......

@Ssssnake - http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/buy/productID.221859200

Random!

Tree_UK
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
+1

+1 I phoned Game today they had no information on Cliffs Of Dover at all and were convinced it will not be available in boxed version for later this month otherwise they would know about it. Maybe its going to be download only.

luthier
03-02-2011, 04:28 PM
The information at least some of you have gotten from your resellers may not necessarily be accurate.

Just to let you guys know that we didn't want to respond here until we learned what was going on ourselves.

I still don't have the full details, but I can tell you some things for sure right now:

1. The Special Edition is still being published

2. I'm not sure about regions where it will be availability at retail outlets vs online ordering, but at least the online version should be available worldwide.

We'll keep you updated. Rest assured, we really appreciate your support and we are really hoping you'll get what you want, and not just in terms of goodies!

BigPickle
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
thanks for the update Luthier :) I got a question i'm sure most people will have on their lips, Do you know if this hiccup is going to effect the release date?

sfmadmax
03-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the update, Sounds like everyone will be satisfied with the answer that online ordering should be available as expected to all. :)

SsSsSsSsSnake
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Thats exactly what I've done every time I have bought digitally, but remember this you WILL pay more for the digital download for sure. Maybe thats where this is going, hmmm .......

@Ssssnake - http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/buy/productID.221859200

Random!

hi Pickle the collectors edition is underneath your link

TheGrunch
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
1C = Developer, like Author of book.

1C is NOT a developer. Maddox Games is the developer. 1C is the publisher in Russia, and the host of this site.

lbuchele
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Please Luthier,I believe that Ubisoft as long they signed a contract with your company,have an obligation of actually market and sell this great piece of software of yours.
This is not happening or they are doing it in a lousy way.
You have the right to demand a better job from them,c'mon!
All we are asking is:let us buy our copies,digital,boxed or CE WE decided with our money.

ElAurens
03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Thank you luthier.

Heliocon
03-02-2011, 10:18 PM
They should go with Paradox, they have some really excellent titles that came from tiny devs and now are very big niche titles (or even a monopoly). For example Mount and Blade which was made by a team of 2 people and now has over 30 working for it, and topped out at steam sales for 2 weeks during its expansion.

BigPickle
03-03-2011, 09:38 AM
hi Pickle the collectors edition is underneath your link

:oops:

louisv
03-05-2011, 01:35 PM
So why is CoD available in the US (Amazon) and Canada (Ubisoft) only on April 19th ?

What's funny is I live half a mile away from a UBI dev. center with 2,000 people working there (Montreal). I know one of the lead programmers (Assasin's Creed and others) and he has never heard of it (or IL-2 for that matter), but in a large company that is to be expected...The distribution part of the business is in France.

What gets me is why the release date for the download version is a month later than everybody else ? No Collector's edition has been advertised here either...

Longroad
03-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Hello,

Can someone help me?

I am from Finland and I really want to buy that Collectors Edition. And as you know it was cancelled from Finnish retailers.:evil:

Any ideas where I could buy it now? Is that Australian EB only way to get it?

Can someone perhaps post some links to other (perhaps European) retailers who still has it in their offering? (Ubisoft UK site doesnt seem to work for me)

Thanks