03-01-2011, 03:02 AM
Found this posted over at the Sim HQ forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZnYFQstyqY&feature=player_embedded

baronWastelan
03-01-2011, 03:33 AM
Fire AND Smoke!!!!11!!1!1 Its great to be alive in 2011 :D

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Every single one of those small changes compared to the English trailer made it better and more exciting to watch. :grin:

Royraiden
03-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Every single one of those small changes compared to the English trailer made it better and more exciting to watch. :grin:

You read my mind,even the trailer is better for Russia.

TheSwede
03-01-2011, 07:10 AM
What is Erich Hartmann´s 109G with black tulips doing in there??

UBI please get your act together...

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Haha, I noticed that as well, typical. :rolleyes: To be fair we don't know *whose* work the trailer is, Ubi's or 1C's.

TheSwede
03-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Haha, I noticed that as well, typical. :rolleyes: To be fair we don't know *whose* work the trailer is, Ubi's or 1C's.

I guess Oleg and Ilya wouldn´t let that happen. It seems like the UBI marketing division doesn't really work in close contact with the developer. They just get some clips sent to them and then all of a sudden, they google "spitfire" and "109" and the first hits are a Spit Vb and Erich Hartmann´s 109. ^^

Or maybe the 109G is a surprise bonus plane like the SU-26. ;)

Erkki
03-01-2011, 07:31 AM
I guess Oleg and Ilya wouldn´t let that happen. It seems like the UBI marketing division doesn't really work in close contact with the developer. They just get some clips sent to them and then all of a sudden, they google "spitfire" and "109" and the first hits are a Spit Vb and Erich Hartmann´s 109. ^^

Or maybe the 109G is a surprise bonus plane like the SU-26. ;)

Or we're back to the Ostfront sooner than we think! :cool:

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 07:37 AM
I guess Oleg and Ilya wouldn´t let that happen.
Yeah, I'm sure they work more closely with 1C, but that doesn't mean things like that aren't their goof. 1C =/= Maddox Games. :)

recoilfx
03-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Has any one noticed the layered forest textures at 00:48? I hope that was a beta effect and it's being replaced :-(

furbs
03-01-2011, 11:40 AM
anyone else really dissapointed with the marketing so far?

I can hardly face looking at the front page of the website, who ever is in charge of the that needs to read up on the Battle of Britain.

A defiant being chased low level over the sea by some JU88s? :shock:

Trailers having Vbs and G6s :confused:

somebody needs to get a grip of this.

brando
03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Has any one noticed the layered forest textures at 00:48? I hope that was a beta effect and it's being replaced :-(

Actually that's a sea level view of the chalk cliffs on the South coast of England. The trees at the bottom of the cliffs shouldn't be there and that info has been given to the dev team since some while.

Royraiden
03-01-2011, 01:16 PM
anyone else really dissapointed with the marketing so far?

I can hardly face looking at the front page of the website, who ever is in charge of the that needs to read up on the Battle of Britain.

A defiant being chased low level over the sea by some JU88s? :shock:

Trailers having Vbs and G6s :confused:

somebody needs to get a grip of this.

Definitely.Having Oleg already confirmed the stated release date, its about time the marketing team did something to promote the game,So far we got a trailer made with work in progress content and few articles in english.Even though that russian trailer has some odd things,it has better scenes than the english version to be fair.I really dont know what are they waiting for.

BadAim
03-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Guys, marketing costs money, something that MG probably has little left of and that UBI simply isn't going to spend on a niche market product. Face it, marketing will be our job, just like it was with IL2. I think we did a good job.

Royraiden
03-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Guys, marketing costs money, something that MG probably has little left of and that UBI simply isn't going to spend on a niche market product. Face it, marketing will be our job, just like it was with IL2. I think we did a good job.

They have done a better job promoting the game in Russia giving info,game events, posting videos and pictures that we have never seen before.Wouldnt it be fair that the other half of the world got at least a similar treatment?

Tree_UK
03-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I cant help but notice that no one has seen anything of London in all the scrrenshots and video, must be a no fly zone due to the bad FPS.

kestrel79
03-01-2011, 03:52 PM
I cant help but notice that no one has seen anything of London in all the scrrenshots and video, must be a no fly zone due to the bad FPS.

I think I have to agree with Tree here (gulp.) Nothing would be more dramatic than seeing some 109s or a HUGE formation of bombers flying over someof London's icons with flak going off everywhere. That would be cool.

Since we haven't seen anything like that yet there must be some sort of reason...hopefully once the game goes gold and is more optimized we will see some videos surface of these situations. Let's remember that these videos were probably taken months ago on previous builds of the sim. (I hope)

I guess we will all find out for ourselves in about 3 weeks! Can't wait.

DD_crash
03-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Soon it will be 2 weeks :)

Robert
03-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Actually that's a sea level view of the chalk cliffs on the South coast of England. The trees at the bottom of the cliffs shouldn't be there and that info has been given to the dev team since some while.

On the 109 You Tube video, that was released by the beta tester, showed the trees were gone. I didn't see them either. though they are on the new You Tube clip. :(

Sauf
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Definitely.Having Oleg already confirmed the stated release date, its about time the marketing team did something to promote the game,So far we got a trailer made with work in progress content and few articles in english.Even though that russian trailer has some odd things,it has better scenes than the english version to be fair.I really dont know what are they waiting for.

Why promote it? We can even seem to be able to buy the friggin thing yet! (My Finnish order was just cancelled:()

The Kraken
03-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Since we haven't seen anything like that yet there must be some sort of reason...

On the other hand we've already seen fluid video scenes over urban areas even before certain people claimed this wouldn't be possible at all ;)

Flying Pencil
03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
What is Erich Hartmann´s 109G with black tulips doing in there??

UBI please get your act together...

Even worse, the Ju-88 is backwards!

Look at the "gondola" position. ~26 sec into video.

Tree_UK
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
On the other hand we've already seen fluid video scenes over urban areas even before certain people claimed this wouldn't be possible at all ;)

Or maybe you saw a good example of the new video tool, that allows you to sticth together footage without any FPS drop.

Heliocon
03-01-2011, 08:51 PM

No not really, there marketing is pathetic. I canceled my pre-order, going to let them test the game on you poor sods first...

-People dont buy promises.

Royraiden
03-01-2011, 09:07 PM
No not really, there marketing is pathetic. I canceled my pre-order, going to let them test the game on you poor sods first...

You know you will end up buying it :rolleyes: Im waiting to be impressed and I certainly believe that I am going to be when the game is released.

dosstx
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
The problem with the trailer is that the CGI effects is too "good" for the gameplay. It belongs with a movie, not gameplay.

Sokol1
03-02-2011, 12:43 AM
Even worse, the Ju-88 is backwards!

Look at the "gondola" position. ~26 sec into video.

?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/89/Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-402-0270-05A%2C_Flugzeug_Junkers_Ju_88.jpg

Sokol1

sfmadmax
03-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Great Trailer!

speculum jockey
03-02-2011, 01:39 AM

We had some renders of Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, and Big Ben, but those were all "out of game". I believe we did see a small section of the Themes, but that was going on 1/2 a year or more ago and due to the angle you couldn't even tell if you were in a city or just looking at 12 buildings next to a river.

zauii
03-02-2011, 01:55 AM

No offense but, you sir == pathetic.

The Kraken
03-02-2011, 05:00 AM
Or maybe you saw a good example of the new video tool, that allows you to sticth together footage without any FPS drop.

That's entirely possible, but still invalidates your previous claims that the absence of such videos would somehow prove a lack in performance.

The Kraken
03-02-2011, 05:04 AM

Well I never preorder games, but I'm also not "poor" enough to worry about the price of a video game. And hey, I like most of what I've seen so it looks like a safe bet to me. But to each his own! ;)

Heliocon
03-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Well I never preorder games, but I'm also not "poor" enough to worry about the price of a video game. And hey, I like most of what I've seen so it looks like a safe bet to me. But to each his own! ;)

Well its not the price - its the time investment, but overtime I have spent way to much $ on crap games because I pre-orderd and should of waited.

BigPickle
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
personally i think the trailers we see are quite lame, they are just re-jumbled footage of old trailers and they are a miss match of really old footage, no new footage what so ever, no sound which for me is making me feel quite apprehensive to be honest.

ckolonko
03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
I have to agree BigPickle.

fireflyerz
03-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Lame aint the half of it.

Feuerfalke
03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
personally i think the trailers we see are quite lame, they are just re-jumbled footage of old trailers and they are a miss match of really old footage, no new footage what so ever, no sound which for me is making me feel quite apprehensive to be honest.

Quite egocentric view. Who said this clip was made for us hard-core fans? Remember, this is the first official trailer of the distributor, not a dev-update.

It's ment to include basic information and act as a teaser for people unaware of the simulation. It's meant to raise interest amongst and draw new customers. That's exactly what it does. For this purpose the movie, the shots and the informations given is excellent.

BigPickle
03-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I hear you yeah, but my point is this, 1C has given out so very little footage that even the publishers have clearly had to use old footage.
Thats not great stratergy from 1C to be fair but also why the publishers havent specifically asked or been sent some new footage to advertise the game seems strange.
I thought that 1C wanted to attract new customers and have designed the sim thus far to accomodate both fans and newcomers. Also my reasoning behind my egocentric view is if it is a basic broad view to attract people, why is it only in Russian? or why is it only on the internet?

The sim itself will as IL2 has always done attract new commers, so I think that they are possibly going to use the advertise after release apporach - hence making the video a waste of money. If they are not going for that apporach then the video is still lame as it doesnt show anything new that advertises the game compared the the 1C trailer.

Feuerfalke
03-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I hear you yeah, but my point is this, 1C has given out so very little footage that even the publishers have clearly had to use old footage.

That again is entirely your speculation. Why waste so much manpower from Olegs small team to make some movie or a protected demo-version to give to somebody else, while there is already so much movie-content?

Thats not great stratergy from 1C to be fair but also why the publishers havent specifically asked or been sent some new footage to advertise the game seems strange.

1. It's not 1Cs campaign alone. This is also the campaign from UBISOFT.
2. See above.
3. If they don't know the game, how can they make specific requests? You assume there is a flight-sim-pro making the movies. Given how many simulation-fans there are, I'd rather expect a very slim chance for that.

I thought that 1C wanted to attract new customers and have designed the sim thus far to accomodate both fans and newcomers. Also my reasoning behind my egocentric view is if it is a basic broad view to attract people, why is it only in Russian? or why is it only on the internet?

Because 1C and UBISOFT are two different companies. :) And UBISOFT has other priorities in their gaming market than 1C. And their ideas might be something completely different from Maddox Games. So connecting all three differing ideas in one argument doesn't work out.

The sim itself will as IL2 has always done attract new commers, so I think that they are possibly going to use the advertise after release apporach - hence making the video a waste of money.

That, my friend, answers all your above questions :) Why was even more time and money?

If they are not going for that apporach then the video is still lame as it doesnt show anything new that advertises the game compared the the 1C trailer.

It doesn't need to. :D

As posted above, one trailer is the official announcement from 1C, one is the official announcement of UBISOFT. Considering NDAs and marketing strategy, here you give yourself another reason why both share the same scenes: They were most likely the only ones available for both companies.

If at all I'd assume this was bad timing. If both videos were released in parallel, it would have been even more obvious. Maybe even obvious enough for nay-sayers :P

Heliocon
03-02-2011, 10:28 PM
That again is entirely your speculation. Why waste so much manpower from Olegs small team to make some movie or a protected demo-version to give to somebody else, while there is already so much movie-content?

1. It's not 1Cs campaign alone. This is also the campaign from UBISOFT.
2. See above.
3. If they don't know the game, how can they make specific requests? You assume there is a flight-sim-pro making the movies. Given how many simulation-fans there are, I'd rather expect a very slim chance for that.

Because 1C and UBISOFT are two different companies. :) And UBISOFT has other priorities in their gaming market than 1C. And their ideas might be something completely different from Maddox Games. So connecting all three differing ideas in one argument doesn't work out.

That, my friend, answers all your above questions :) Why was even more time and money?

It doesn't need to. :D

As posted above, one trailer is the official announcement from 1C, one is the official announcement of UBISOFT. Considering NDAs and marketing strategy, here you give yourself another reason why both share the same scenes: They were most likely the only ones available for both companies.

If at all I'd assume this was bad timing. If both videos were released in parallel, it would have been even more obvious. Maybe even obvious enough for nay-sayers :P

Because all we damn want is 5 minutes of fraps footage of a ingame dogfight? Are you seriously going to say they have never even played a scenario? Because its really bloody easy to just record a fight, release it as a commentary video (just say this is a taster, its from the beta and not indicative of the finished product) and post it here. Really easy, lots of other devs do it.

Then again other devs bother to actually give some interviews/trailers/shows in the majority language of their market which is English. Yes its made in Russia, but the sales it will make outside of Russia are more then inside...
I have seen much smaller dev studios give MUCH more and better feedback/info.
-Mount and Blade (2 person dev team from Turkey, now its like 30 ppl)
-Mortal online (Small sweedish team, but you could chat often with the devs in the forums and in game).
Eu3/V2 games (sweedish again and like 10 person team).

You know that doesnt matter - what matters is that they need to sell copies of COD. I have no right to tell them what to do, or demand anything. But if they want a supporting fanbase/community that requires communication and is normally one of if not the top priority for indie developers. Because the people who carry the game at release and keep it around to be fleshed out and to attract "new" players are the hardcore fans.

TheGrunch
03-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Totally offtopic, but I'm with you on M&B Heliocon, what a gem of a game that is...found if when it was version 0.601 or something and only £6, and been totally hooked since. To be fair, though, Taleworlds are no better than Maddox Games for releasing previews...to say that they released a lot of information prior to the release of for example Warband is a bit of an exaggeration, the only reason we got a lot of info is because there was an open-ish beta with no NDA.

Mysticpuma
03-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Well watching the video........leaves me wondering when we'll see actual CoD footage?

What I saw was a bunch of re-hashed previous released footage, the fire and smoke is no-better than HolyGrail's Plutonium effects for IL2 and looks very similar to Battle of Britain Wings of Valor.

At this late stage, why has the tracer/gunfire got no smoke effects either around the tracer, or behind the wing?

So-far all I have seen in any video is clouds from IL2, slightly better water, HDR lighting (remember RoF added that to a modified IL2 engine), very little extra detail at-all.

To impress me I want to see rain modelling, dramatic weather with impressive clouds/storm-fronts, the sea with a lot of water rolling rather than just flat, the aircraft damage from inside the cockpit view......just something that excites me and makes me feel like this is an evolution up from IL2.

Roll on Friday (crosses fingers for an 'official' video) without the usual 'Place Holder graphics' disclaimer.

Cheers, MP

Tree_UK
03-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Well watching the video........leaves me wondering when we'll see actual CoD footage?

What I saw was a bunch of re-hashed previous released footage, the fire and smoke is no-better than HolyGrail's Plutonium effects for IL2 and looks very similar to Battle of Britain Wings of Valor.

At this late stage, why has the tracer/gunfire got no smoke effects either around the tracer, or behind the wing?

So-far all I have seen in any video is clouds from IL2, slightly better water, HDR lighting (remember RoF added that to a modified IL2 engine), very little extra detail at-all.

To impress me I want to see rain modelling, dramatic weather with impressive clouds/storm-fronts, the sea with a lot of water rolling rather than just flat, the aircraft damage from inside the cockpit view......just something that excites me and makes me feel like this is an evolution up from IL2.

Roll on Friday (crosses fingers for an 'official' video) without the usual 'Place Holder graphics' disclaimer.

Cheers, MP

Couldn't agree more, but for some reason they are reluctant to show us this game before we buy it. :( We wont see video this friday.

Nanuk
03-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Doom and Gloom in the Banana Forums?

Surely not!!

You know if/when they do release a video you'll have the same nob'eads saying they've used special FPS fraps video to fool you into buying it.
They will complain about the location its being filmed around and it doesnt look like the England they know.

The colours of the fields wont look 'English' enough, the pilots will look too small, the oxygen masks wont be on, the waterways will be too big for streams in England but too small for rivers in Germany, the roads will be a meter or so too wide for 1940 designs, the vehicle driver animations will not jump out of their wagon and try to take pot shots at you as you strafe them, your shiny new PC may not be able to run everything at high resolutions over London in the rain without fps loss and the pilots goggles may not be the right version for the time period.

And of course fireflyguy will be utterly unimpressed!!

Like we need more grown mans tears tbh!

Mysticpuma
03-03-2011, 09:11 AM
When it was announced 'many years ago' and I spoke with Oleg there was talk of most of the Graphics being place-holders. The Atmospheric effects were heavily mentioned, all of it being accurately generated, clouds would be huge, there was the possibility of flying through cloud layers.

Watch this video and imagine flying in that environment with your WW2 aircraft.

Watch especially as 22 seconds as the aircraft plunges through a cloud layer and comes out the other side......that is what I want! I want to believe I am in the air. I want an environment effect that says...you are in the clouds! Check out 50-seconds and look at that cloud layer as the aircraft skims over it! Another example of what the sky needs to be like. Not fluffy cotton balls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYUUwlyAHf0

This is an amazing video showing what clouds look like.

We all know what clouds look like. They are an integral part of the sky we fly in. They were used to evade and surprise the enemy. They need to be effective and not fluffy balls of cotton.

Can we please see something that shows us environmental effects? Rain, Snow, Cumulus, Cumuli Nimbus......just something rather than 'place holder' again!

Weather was a constant problem in England....it rains....a lot! I live here. Today is Grey, yesterday was Grey.....but above the clouds....it is Sunny. Show us something that says....CoD has Weather!

I just want to believe that so many years in development has created the 'New' IL2 and not an expansion pack!

I am not asking anyone to be on my side, I just wish to share my Opinion and back it up with video that shows what clouds look like at altitude when they exist!

Cheers, MP

David603
03-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I too would like to see the dynamic weather system, but showing it when its not going to be playable in the first release will cause much whining.

Although, hopefully, it would be able to quiet the concerns of the more informed forums members, so there would be a certain trade-off. ;)

BigPickle
03-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Just around the corner from you in Birmingham MysticPuma, grey is right, grey and cold :(

Heliocon
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
When it was announced 'many years ago' and I spoke with Oleg there was talk of most of the Graphics being place-holders. The Atmospheric effects were heavily mentioned, all of it being accurately generated, clouds would be huge, there was the possibility of flying through cloud layers.

Watch this video and imagine flying in that environment with your WW2 aircraft.

Watch especially as 22 seconds as the aircraft plunges through a cloud layer and comes out the other side......that is what I want! I want to believe I am in the air. I want an environment effect that says...you are in the clouds! Check out 50-seconds and look at that cloud layer as the aircraft skims over it! Another example of what the sky needs to be like. Not fluffy cotton balls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYUUwlyAHf0

This is an amazing video showing what clouds look like.

We all know what clouds look like. They are an integral part of the sky we fly in. They were used to evade and surprise the enemy. They need to be effective and not fluffy balls of cotton.

Can we please see something that shows us environmental effects? Rain, Snow, Cumulus, Cumuli Nimbus......just something rather than 'place holder' again!

Weather was a constant problem in England....it rains....a lot! I live here. Today is Grey, yesterday was Grey.....but above the clouds....it is Sunny. Show us something that says....CoD has Weather!

I just want to believe that so many years in development has created the 'New' IL2 and not an expansion pack!

I am not asking anyone to be on my side, I just wish to share my Opinion and back it up with video that shows what clouds look like at altitude when they exist!

Cheers, MP

Your video link doesnt seem to be working (for me atleast its blank).

But totally agree with your comments.

Royraiden
03-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Cheers, MP

We have already seen various gameplay videos showing smoke trails,even spiral ones.Obviously none of the trailers show actual stuff, so the best bet is to wait? and see.Seems impossible for most of the guys here.

BigPickle
03-03-2011, 01:47 PM
lol of course not, people just wanna know what we are going to be buying. Makes sense especially if the money to be spent is a reasonable amount for you.

Royraiden
03-03-2011, 01:56 PM
lol of course not, people just wanna know what we are going to be buying. Makes sense especially if the money to be spent is a reasonable amount for you.

Then wait for the release week,the user made videos are going to be pouring from the sky like rain.You are not forced to buy the game before you are convinced that it is worthy, so if the devs dont show videos anymore then you just need to wait.

Tvrdi
03-03-2011, 02:00 PM

yes, but then again..its a new product from Maddox...new FM and DM etc

Blackdog_kt
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
I think it's clear that they are going to show us what they want, when they want to and no amount of posting is going to change that.

I honestly don't care either way, because i'm already sold on what i've seen and i don't mean the graphics (which i certainly like, it's just not the main focal point for me). It's the stuff under the hood that's most important for me.

In this sense and from my personal point of view, screw the 5 minute video of a dogfight, i would be much more interested to see a 2 minute video with a single aircraft and a developer commenting on and demonstrating 5 different ways to kill your engine without even suffering combat damage, or a few new ways of interacting with your AI crew in a bomber.

That doesn't mean my opinion is gospel, true. However, neither is the opinion of the people who demand videos focusing on graphics updates and nothing else ;)

The way i see it, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but nobody's opinion carries more weight than the next guy. So if the lack of information on your chosen aspect of the sim is driving you nuts, take a step back and wait for the reviews and the first impressions of the people who will buy first. There's nothing wrong with that.

However, one can't constantly demand videos/information for his field of interest while equally important questions of others are not answered or even touched upon, then further complain about what he sees while the rest of us still have unanswered questions, go on to buy the game regardless of his apprehension on release day and then complain for suffering through the early "hiccups" and a huge patch download right after the installation and expect the rational part of the community not to classify him as a point-and-laugh case of whiner material because frankly, if anyone thinks they can have it all in life in a have the cake and eat it way, then they are sorely mistaken.

I'm not trying to single out any of the participants here, i'm just exaggerating to illustrate the point that some people will never be happy no matter what. Their opinions still carry weight to me, but they are not alone in making up the potential customer demographic, neither are they a majority or authority just because they usually shout the loudest.

All this constant talk of nothing but graphics and cinematic sequences is getting mighty boring and i'll tell you exactly why: it's too shallow a field to focus all our energy on when the complete sum of a game's parts in this genre offers so much more for the player to deal with.
They are good enough, let's move on already. Let's see some basic gameplay showcasing the new realism features with a bit of commentary for a change :cool:

Tree_UK
03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
If the game runs really well they will show us some video footage from a pilots perspective, if its running really badly they wont because it could affect sales. It does seem very odd to me that 3 weeks from release they are currently doing all thats possible to show us nothing.

GloDark7
03-03-2011, 09:46 PM
If they are holding back on the 'good stuff' from videos for some reason, then they don't really understand how to promote what they will be selling very shortly.

Post the 'good stuff' when you've got it, as early as possible, get people talking, flooding forums with excitement, linking to the 'good stuff' and spreading the word. People will want that product yesterday.

Where is the 'good stuff'? OK, we're seeing some reasonably good stuff, but it's just good. It ain't great. All I see is IL-2 with detail levels increased and not much more. I don't believe anything is being held back this close to release.

Forgive my cynicism.

TheGrunch
03-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Looked to be running pretty smooth on the leaked video, Tree.

Tree_UK
03-04-2011, 06:48 AM
Looked to be running pretty smooth on the leaked video, Tree.

Yes it did, it looked very good, but because it was leaked we cant be certain if any tools were used to make the FPS better.

robtek
03-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Yes it did, it looked very good, but because it was leaked we cant be certain if any tools were used to make the FPS better.

I think you should change your nick to "Mr_NEGATIVE"! :-D

Tree_UK
03-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I think you should change your nick to "Mr_NEGATIVE"! :-D

Im not negative, im positively sitting here with an open mind.

Tiger27
03-04-2011, 07:53 AM
They have done a better job promoting the game in Russia giving info,game events, posting videos and pictures that we have never seen before.Wouldnt it be fair that the other half of the world got at least a similar treatment?

Different publisher in Russia

Tiger27
03-04-2011, 07:55 AM
If the game runs really well they will show us some video footage from a pilots perspective, if its running really badly they wont because it could affect sales. It does seem very odd to me that 3 weeks from release they are currently doing all thats possible to show us nothing.

Tree, this conspiracy theory of yours is strange, as anyone worried about how the FPS is only has to wait a couple of days after release and everyone will know for sure, all I can say is I hope you are wrong.

JG52Krupi
03-04-2011, 08:23 AM

I don't agree with you but I will correct you :rolleyes:. The game should run fine in cockpit, if there are any stutters they will come from the third person perspective and when u have the ground in sight.

In my opinion and from what I have heard the game will run okay until you fly over a town. :(

Tree_UK
03-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Lets just hope the luftwaffe avoid bombing towns!!

Tree_UK
03-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Tree, this conspiracy theory of yours is strange, as anyone worried about how the FPS is only has to wait a couple of days after release and everyone will know for sure, all I can say is I hope you are wrong.

Its not a conspiracy theory Tiger, its an observation, all the video we have seen taken via third party at the shows have shown lots of stutter when flying over land. The only smooth running video we have seen as been the leaked video, which as been the best marketing vid we have seen so far, this video alone as convinced many people that the game will run fine and I hope it does. However until we get an official video where we can ask questions then surely the jury as to be out on how exactly the video was made. For example if I had a beta copy i could fly over London with 50+ bombers and show a perfectly smooth running game by using the new video tools, i am not suggesting this happened but given the fact that the leaked video as diminished a lot of people concerns over FPS it could be seen this way.

JG52Krupi
03-04-2011, 08:46 AM
I would have obliterated the village I live in, if only the map had extended a bit further west :(

TheGrunch
03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Im not negative, im positively sitting here with an open mind.
Haha, in fact, given the marketing effort put into the game so far, the suggestion that the publisher or dev team would put in the effort to artificially leak a video or use FPS-enhancing tools is fairly optimistic. :-P