PDA

View Full Version : Insist all AI aircraft playable in first update

Flying Pencil
02-28-2011, 05:50 PM
12 playable aircraft with CoD is wonderful start (WTG!!1!)

But I would be sorely disappointed if the rest where not made playable in the update.

Boulton-Paul Defiant Mk.I
Bristol Beaufighter Mk.IF
Bristol Blenheim Mk.I
Gloster Gladiator Mk.II
Vickers Wellington Mk.IC
Avro Anson Mk.I
Supermarine Walrus Mk.I
Short Sunderland Mk.V
Dornier Do-17Z-1, -2
Dornier Do-215B-1
FW-200C-1 Condor
He-115B-2
Bf-108B-2 Taifun
FIAT CR. 1942 Falco

Well, the Short Sunderland Mk.V and FW-200C-1 Condor likely too big to do for the update.

So, Oleg and 1C, I make a sincerely request and hope it is done.

Thank you

S!

The Kraken
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
What "update"?

DD_crash
02-28-2011, 06:14 PM
I think that insist is a bit strong. As for the idea that they COULD be flyable at some point IS a great idea.

Jaws2002
02-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Dude. Go fly a pencil or something.:lol:

AndyJWest
02-28-2011, 06:25 PM
How much are you prepared to pay for this 'update'?

GnigruH
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
A true optimist.

robtek
02-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I might also "insist" for a double paycheck, but i know it is useless, so i save my time and anger for not getting it. :-D

choctaw111
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I figured that people would have better things to do than to make demands on Oleg and team during the final weeks before release.
I do have a strong feeling though that Oleg isn't going to put all of the time and effort into the AI planes and not already be working on pits for them.

philip.ed
02-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Considering the time and effort that goes into making the cockpits alone, I think this is an extremely optimistic request!

Novotny
02-28-2011, 07:41 PM
I have seem Mr Pencil speak in videos, and he came across as a nice chap. I think we should bear in mind that he is American, and thus unaccustomed to using the English language in a polite manner. I think when he says 'insist' he means merely 'to request vigorously'.

I think it is incumbent upon us all to treat the colonials with some care, lest they be misunderstood with their excitable ways.

Oldschool61
02-28-2011, 08:11 PM
I have seem Mr Pencil speak in videos, and he came across as a nice chap. I think we should bear in mind that he is American, and thus unaccustomed to using the English language in a polite manner. I think when he says 'insist' he means merely 'to request vigorously'.

I think it is incumbent upon us all to treat the colonials with some care, lest they be misunderstood with their excitable ways.

Yeah, we may invade your island and keep it for ourselves!! Oh wait you dont have any oil reserves...never mind.

Tomahawko
02-28-2011, 08:31 PM

Hahaha, touché!

Avimimus
02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Everything said, part of me does want the flying pencil/Do-17. It can skip bomb as easily as the Ju-88 and the smaller payload requires a good aim. It always seemed more durable in TFH:BoB... it was my favorite of the bombers.

Now for something complete different (Pencil Face):
http://vimeo.com/3699939

Osprey
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Yeah, we may invade your island and keep it for ourselves!! Oh wait you dont have any oil reserves...never mind.

Well we do have oil reserves though it's probably not enough to keep your grossly inefficient country from importing more. Just remind me, how much of Wall St. do the Arabs own again??

As for the Do-17, it's a bit of a surprise, I was expecting it in tbh, along with a flyable E-1 and E-4. The others I am not too surprised at though.

carl
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
we did have massive oil reserves but bp leaked it all over your country, oh well

Oldschool61
02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Well we do have oil reserves though it's probably not enough to keep your grossly inefficient country from importing more. Just remind me, how much of Wall St. do the Arabs own again??

As for the Do-17, it's a bit of a surprise, I was expecting it in tbh, along with a flyable E-1 and E-4. The others I am not too surprised at though.

I think the Chinese are our primary landlord.

Osprey
02-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Whoosh.....

BadAim
02-28-2011, 11:13 PM

I take exception to your broad brush mistreatment of your brothers across the pond and duly request a retraction of your obviously hastily made statement. :)

Seriously though, we're not all tools, it's just that they shout louder than the rest of us.

TheGrunch
02-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Whoosh.....

:lol: Don't worry, I got it. But yeah, how much is it, $853bn of US foreign debt owned by China as of Jan 2011?

I think that if Señor Pencil is prepared to do all the research and legwork required to give MG's modellers the ability to make the exhaustively detailed 3D models of the cockpits of these aircraft (probably the most difficult to model accurately and the most difficult to find good information about, particularly non-pilot positions), then he could maybe be in a position to even dare to request such a thing.

As it is, expect it to take raaaaather longer.

GnigruH
03-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Seriously, they could make a cockpit for one or two of these for the next theatre, be it med. I 'insist' fiat cr42 and gladiator, cos' I leik biplanez.

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Seriously, they could make a cockpit for one or two of these for the next theatre, be it med. I 'insist' fiat cr42 and gladiator, cos' I leik biplanez.
Nice choices! :D I agree, I want to get my Pattle on, and I think the CR42's beautiful (much more so than the Gladiator, that's for sure ;) ). I think it would be reasonable to expect maybe one or two AI made flyable between now and the next big release.

My most wanted AI->flyables list looks like this:

1)Vickers Wellington Mk.IC
2)Short Sunderland Mk.V (extremely unreasonable and unrealistic request, but still...)
3)FIAT CR. 1942 Falco
4)Bristol Beaufighter Mk.IF
5)Gloster Gladiator Mk.II

speculum jockey
03-01-2011, 12:14 AM
I think the Chinese are our primary landlord.

If you owe the bank a million dollars, they own you.
If you owe the bank a few billion dollars, you own them.

Anyways, wasn't it something like 6 months of development to create a single cockpit? I don't see how you'd get another 12 planes flyable in a year or less.

GnigruH
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Anyways, wasn't it something like 6 months of development to create a single cockpit? I don't see how you'd get another 12 planes flyable in a year or less.

Well, from what I remember it is 6 months IF one guy does everything from scratch.

If Oleg told his whole team, roughly 20 ppl, to focus sorely on cockpits, they could maybe pull something out in a more reasonable time :-) ;).

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Depends how many of those guys are modellers, and how many people can practically work upon one model at a time. :) Not more than two or three even if they divide it up, I imagine.

JG53Frankyboy
03-01-2011, 05:06 AM
I also belive that we will see some of the CoD AI planes in future scenario AdOns as flyable at last.
The Do17Z in a "Battle for Moskau"(that would be 1941/42) or the Wellington in a MTO scenario.

Flying Pencil
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Dude. Go fly a pencil or something.:lol:

I will, soon as the update is released!

Apparently, in Russian society you don't ask, you tell.

I was going to start with "Please" or "Request", but that would be ignored, so I insisted. ;)

Flying Pencil
03-01-2011, 05:16 PM
If you owe the bank a million dollars, they own you.
If you owe the bank a few billion dollars, you own them.

In Russia, you already own the bankk.

In the Anson, correction, BR.20 case, it looks like the pit is already done.
http://gamer.ru/system/attached_images/images/000/328/169/original/15_IF.jpg?1298534816

Novotny
03-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I take exception to your broad brush mistreatment of your brothers across the pond and duly request a retraction of your obviously hastily made statement. :)

Seriously though, we're not all tools, it's just that they shout louder than the rest of us.

Oh it's much the same over here and I'm positive we provide our fair share on these very boards.

Hope everyone realises I was just trying to be funny :)

Flying Pencil
03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I figured that people would have better things to do than to make demands on Oleg and team during the final weeks before release.
I do have a strong feeling though that Oleg isn't going to put all of the time and effort into the AI planes and not already be working on pits for them.

Beta testing for another company, it is certain Oleg is deep into planning the update.
Very likely UBI has a gold master, so 1C is no longer under the release gun.
I am pretty sure the push back of release date is UBI takeing more time to get everything togeter in that rather well provided special box.

I say old chap, you got it spot on. Lets go down to the pub for a pint of bitter.
Cheers!

I beg to differ, swimming around the North Sea, I can rightly say they have a tidy sum of that smelly stuff.

I think that if Señor Pencil is prepared to do all the research and legwork required to give MG's modellers the ability to make the exhaustively detailed 3D models of the cockpits of these aircraft (probably the most difficult to model accurately and the most difficult to find good information about, particularly non-pilot positions), then he could maybe be in a position to even dare to request such a thing.

All he has to do is ask.

I have over 1000 original period photos of 17's with all manner of appendages and bulges, some of which I have yet to figure out (nor anyone else).

Two show Gen Milch with his private Do-17S, with Adolf Galland.

Personally, would love to have a 215 with the 20mm installed. :D

TheGrunch
03-01-2011, 10:55 PM
All he has to do is ask.

I have over 1000 original period photos of 17's with all manner of appendages and bulges, some of which I have yet to figure out (nor anyone else).

Two show Gen Milch with his private Do-17S, with Adolf Galland.

Personally, would love to have a 215 with the 20mm installed. :D
Well then, by all means do so! :) But that's still only one of the aircraft you mention...and how long did it take you to compile all this information? Even if you hand it all over and they decide to create cockpit and gunner position models, it's going to take months at least before it's in the game, even if they decide to work on it immediately (which I would not expect to be the case).

Flying Pencil
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
..., it's going to take months at least before it's in the game, even if they decide to work on it immediately (which I would not expect to be the case).

Why not?

17z's where used in Operation Barbarossa and fully withdrawn from front in late 1941 (then passed to allied forces who used it to good effect).

The good news is much of the Ju-88 cockpit details is directly transferable to the 17, so it is not as much work as expected.

Just some starter layout details. :)

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/reviews/kits/images/do17zfinnishbg_6.jpg

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/reviews/kits/images/do17zfinnishbg_5.jpg

http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/reviews/kits/images/do17zfinnishbg_23.jpg

from: hyperscale Review (http://www.hyperscale.com/2007/reviews/kits/ca4114reviewbg_1.htm)

Flying Pencil
03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Even if you hand it all over and they decide to create cockpit and gunner position models, it's going to take months at least before it's in the game, even if they decide to work on it immediately (which I would not expect to be the case).

Found this note from 1C:

Something that is not included in the list of paid models, but what Oleg has promised immediately to include in the simulator, if sabzh will be available of course:

* Cabins Do-17z
* Cant Z 1007 Bis - neletab
* Do-18 - neletab

Looks like plan is for Do-17z is on short list!

Nice to have the other 2 as AI too. :)

TheGrunch
03-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Niiiiice! :grin:

major_setback
03-04-2011, 01:42 AM
I think the first updates will only address problems/bugs, and also include any developments/improvements made since the game went gold.

I read somewhere that the first update could come out at the same time as we get the game (addressing the above).

Flying Pencil
04-20-2011, 04:50 PM
AS 1C is finishing up on the bug fixes and performance improvements, here is what they should be planning on doing next!

;) :D