PDA

View Full Version : Listen to a real play-by-play of a dogfighter over the channel

dosstx
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Guys, you HAVE to listen to this! My gosh...the chills I got as I listened to the reporter give a play by play of an live dogfight over the channel. You can hear AA going up around and also the machine gun fire of the aircraft. Listen to the reporter "squeal" like a little girl when he witnesses the spitfires on the tail of the ME109. You can also hear the engines roar in the background.

The link is:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/battleofbritain/11431.shtml

HanneG
02-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Nice find. Absolutely crazy.

Sven
02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
wow thank you, that was really exciting to listen at!

yellonet
02-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Guys, you HAVE to listen to this! My gosh...the chills I got as I listened to the reporter give a play by play of an live dogfight over the channel. You can hear AA going up around and also the machine gun fire of the aircraft. Listen to the reporter "squeal" like a little girl when he witnesses the spitfires on the tail of the ME109. You can also hear the engines roar in the background.

The link is:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/battleofbritain/11431.shtml
It sounded a bit like he was commenting a football match.

"Synopsis

This report on an encounter between RAF Hurricanes and Luftwaffe Junkers caused controversy among listeners when it was broadcast the next day. The correspondent's tone was thought to be unsuitable as he appeared to get carried away with excitement at being in the right place at the right time with recording equipment to hand.

Did you know?

Unfortunately, the German pilot that Gardner thought he had spotted bailing out and landing in the sea was actually RAF Pilot Officer Michael Mudie, who died of his injuries the following day. In this particular dogfight, three Hurricanes were attempting to deal with over 40 German aircraft. "

jt_medina
02-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Excellent find. Thanks for posting it.

Bangers.n.Mash
03-01-2011, 12:42 AM
Awsome find, its funny how excited he sounds.

Defender
03-01-2011, 01:18 AM
super cool mate, thanks for sharing!

GF_Mastiff
03-01-2011, 07:51 AM
I guaranty his adrenalin was very high. So those who think it was inappropriate, can kiss my Royal A$$.

Insuber
03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
As far as I remember, the sounds were added later by the BBC.

Foo'bar
03-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Why do all english always say "Meshersmitt" instead of "Messerschmitt"?

dosstx
03-01-2011, 11:30 PM
As far as I remember, the sounds were added later by the BBC.

Are you serious? ISo those sounds we hear are not from the real thing?

Well, that sucks.