PDA

View Full Version : Today's random Question: Who's writing the installer?

Voyager
02-26-2011, 04:44 AM
Yea, I just had Ubisoft Game #2 implode on install, so I'm just curious who is writing the installers for CoD. Is this going to be a straight 1C:Maddox Games thing, with Ubi just providing international marketing and brandname, or where they going to be writing some of the install and DRM software for it too?

I'm planning on buying the Steam version myself.

Heliocon
02-26-2011, 06:04 AM
Yea steam for me to. Also a spitfire could alpha strike your tempest anyday, because its held together with ducktape and chewing gum ^^

Voyager
02-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Only if it gets close enough. My autos have a 60km effective range, even with the Spitfire's sig radius, and with it's max orbit of only 150 m/s, you kind of right in the max DPS zone. Don't for get the drones.

TheGrunch
02-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Can't say I've ever had this issue with Ubi games myself. The only real offender for me recently has been Crysis, and it's a crappy game anyway, so whoop-dee-doo, good mods though. Which game was it?
In partial answer to your question though, Voyager, I'd be kind of surprised if they use a different installer between the International and Russian version, so it'll be 1C's fault as well if it's screwy.

Voyager
02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
The DoAs for me are (ironically enough) Deadspace, and Beyond Good & Evil.

TheGrunch
02-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Mmm, which installer do they use? I usually have the worst problems with programs that use the Windows Installer (no surprises there).

Heliocon
02-26-2011, 08:41 PM

Wait, your not even going to respond to my insult you stinking minmitar? I bet your heap of flying space junk would get shot down by a 9mm pistol!

Too far? Probably, now I look silly.