PDA

View Full Version : Will AI aircraft performance exceed human piloted aircraft?

Fearfactor
02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
One of the biggest gripes I have had through the years concerning IL2 is that the AI aircraft can do things humans can't do in the same aircraft. One of the most striking examples was once upon a time when I was diving about 45 degrees in a DO-335 trying to shake an AI piloted La-5FN. I had hit over 900KPH indicated and maintained that for a long time while the LA stayed on my tail without breaking up. Try that in a LA-5FN yourself and you won't get much past 700KPH when you crack up and shed your wings and other surfaces.

I'd like to know if this will be fixed in COD? If anyone knows of course.

Tacoma74
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
Surely it has been. But, we can only wait to see for ourselves.

v4.10 has somewhat fixed this though. Although I still mostly fly v4.09 at the moment, I have tried it. It's alot better than it used to be :)

Coen020
02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
One of the biggest gripes I have had through the years concerning IL2 is that the AI aircraft can do things humans can't do in the same aircraft. One of the most striking examples was once upon a time when I was diving about 45 degrees in a DO-335 trying to shake an AI piloted La-5FN. I had hit over 900KPH indicated and maintained that for a long time while the LA stayed on my tail without breaking up. Try that in a LA-5FN yourself and you won't get much past 700KPH when you crack up and shed your wings and other surfaces.

I'd like to know if this will be fixed in COD? If anyone knows of course.

Lol that sounds familiar...
don't forget the 'one shot, one kill' turret gunners.

Heliocon
02-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Lol that sounds familiar...
don't forget the 'one shot, one kill' turret gunners.

My biggest problem was always AI LOS, was especially bad in WOP (yes I know not IL2 really), at 1920x1200 I am squiting at the squeen while fully zoomed, they hone in on me like bees to honey :P