PDA

View Full Version : steam version?

Redweasel
02-22-2011, 07:28 AM
hi guys,

did you find any information about a steam version of il-2 cod? theres nothing at the "coming soon" section right now

sfmadmax
02-22-2011, 01:15 PM
I noticed that Steam usually is late in the game, they may not have anything listed until week before release.

Il2Pongo
02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
thats how I would prefer to buy it

Biggs
02-22-2011, 04:58 PM
me too... if I had to do a digital download then Steam is where I'd prefer to get it from.

Stiboo
02-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Me as well

have ordered collectors edition to help Oleg but want Steam version for normal use...

TheEditor
02-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Would love to see it on steam! Im still hoping dcs A-10 will be on steam too. I think steam would help the dying sim community with just making the product visible to the other gamers of the world.

Stiboo
02-22-2011, 09:54 PM
OFF TOPIC !!

Shogan 2 Total War Demo now out on STEAM !

This will help the time go by until COD DAY :)

Heliocon
02-22-2011, 11:57 PM
zomg they left out AA from the demo, jaggies are killing me :P

COD will be on steam, the "leaked" video was made on steam (or atleast while the launcher was through steam). I just am really hoping for a early demo.

Madfish
02-23-2011, 01:14 AM
Aren't there usually issues with modding games on steam? I don't think I ever heard of a game flawlessly moddable on steam aside from the source engine games.

I only use steam for games that I won't miss if the fu** up my account again etc.

Heliocon
02-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Aren't there usually issues with modding games on steam? I don't think I ever heard of a game flawlessly moddable on steam aside from the source engine games.

I only use steam for games that I won't miss if the fu** up my account again etc.

your loss... steams great (although modding can be slightly difficult I have been told depending on how the game is made/dl).

adonys
02-23-2011, 08:55 AM
I also plan to get it on steam. Though, I may also get one of those Collector's Edition's too.

JG52Krupi
02-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I also plan to get it on steam. Though, I may also get one of those Collector's Edition's too.

Same here, however I have a problem.

I have a SSD but i have my steam installed on to a standard drive due to the size. If I want cod to run off steam and the SSD how could I do this?

I'm guessing I have to have two steam installs and ensure that I only have cod installed on the SSD steam to keep the size down!! Is that possible?

sfmadmax
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
Same here, however I have a problem.

I have a SSD but i have my steam installed on to a standard drive due to the size. If I want cod to run off steam and the SSD how could I do this?

I'm guessing I have to have two steam installs and ensure that I only have cod installed on the SSD steam to keep the size down!! Is that possible?

I don't think you can have 2 steam installs.. Due to the nature of the config you must install steam on the SSD to take advantage of the drive speed. You can't install steam on the regular spindle drive and direct the game over to the SSD. " I supposed you could" however I believe there are some steam background processes that will query on the spindle.

It's best to install steam / games all on the SSD, I have a similar setup. My boot drive is SSD and only has Steam / Games. Everything else is on a spindle disk. That way I know when i play games the spindle drive is not getting accessed.

ghodan
02-23-2011, 03:49 PM
DCS A10-C is even going to be sold on steam
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59222/DCS-A-10C-Warthog-Hits-Direct2Drive-Steam-Retail-Coming-Later

And i think it has a smaller community then the Il-2 community?
More niche market?

JG52Krupi
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't think you can have 2 steam installs.. Due to the nature of the config you must install steam on the SSD to take advantage of the drive speed. You can't install steam on the regular spindle drive and direct the game over to the SSD. " I supposed you could" however I believe there are some steam background processes that will query on the spindle.

It's best to install steam / games all on the SSD, I have a similar setup. My boot drive is SSD and only has Steam / Games. Everything else is on a spindle disk. That way I know when i play games the spindle drive is not getting accessed.
Its hard when you have a steam folder over 140GB and an SSD with 148GB space :D

adonys
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
have a look at THIS (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=998110) thread, it might help you ;)

JG52Krupi
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks bookmarked will give it a go when the time come :D

sfmadmax
02-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Fans around the world are looking forward to March to see the updated everything that nice original IL-2 "- incredibly realistic air combat, it is very flexible configuration of everything (down to the casual mode, where it is impossible to break the ground, and the enemies explode worth a shot in their direction), stunning graphics ... plus support for Steam, which is very useful for fans of online duels.

Just saw this in another thread posting.. Looks like we are all set!!!!

http://translate.google.de/translate?u=http://www.gameway.com.ua/preview/3395-il-2-shturmovik-bitva-za-britaniyu-intervyu-s-prodyuserom-igry-ilej-shevchenko.html&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8