PDA

View Full Version : Runes based on game difficulty

gunnyhighway
02-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Does anyone know if you get more runes based on the game difficulty?

I am thinking about my second playthrough and my first was on easy. And ofc it was really easy. I want my second playthrough to be much harder but not on my gold and runes. I want the battles to be more difficult. Top that off with I have this OCD thing of wanting to get a crap ton of runes, I was just curious.

I just want more of a challenge out of the fights themselves making them more tactical and not so much kiting around all the maps trying to find runes and gold making it boring.

ckdamascus
02-22-2011, 07:21 AM
Does anyone know if you get more runes based on the game difficulty?

I am thinking about my second playthrough and my first was on easy. And ofc it was really easy. I want my second playthrough to be much harder but not on my gold and runes. I want the battles to be more difficult. Top that off with I have this OCD thing of wanting to get a crap ton of runes, I was just curious.

I just want more of a challenge out of the fights themselves making them more tactical and not so much kiting around all the maps trying to find runes and gold making it boring.

Not sure, I always played on Impossible. Why don't you try it out?

You don't have to kite anything. Just try to win without kiting. Many here have done it, even on Impossible mode.

gunnyhighway
02-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Yea the only thing is for some reason I have this thing about wanting to get a ton of runes. I want the battle itself to get more difficult but not get less runes as I level. I think I just screwed myself over playing this on easy and find it pointless if I will get less runes and gold.

Metathron
02-22-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm pretty sure you get the same amount of runes on every difficulty, if that's what you're asking.

Zechnophobe
02-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Runes are Constant. Are you playing a different class this time? Not all skill trees use the same amount of runes. That is, you need far more Might runes to get Magic skills, than you need Magic runes to get Might skills. This can sometimes make it feel like you aren't getting as many runes, but in actuality you just spend ALL of them on Magic skills.

gunnyhighway
02-23-2011, 06:35 AM
I tested it got 3x as many runes on easy to start out with. Not sure if it balances out later

Zechnophobe
02-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Oh, hmm, starting runes maybe different on Easy, I don't think anything else changed there, but I'll be honest, I've never played Easy. Normal to Impossible though are all the same.

Metathron
02-23-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I've never played easy either. :mrgreen: