PDA

View Full Version : CoD Online Environment

wildwillie
02-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Will the Online environment in Cliffs of Dover be similar to IL2 ?

Will the Online Servers be restricted to the Distributers only or will a server version of the game be available ?

If the latter will it provide a console interface to interact with ?

Warbirds of Prey is interested in hosting an Online Server for Cliffs of Dover and can be contacted at warbirdsofprey@hotmail.com about this.

~S~
RAF238thWildWillie
Warbirds of Prey

Troll2k
02-20-2011, 05:39 AM
I read somewhere that a dedicated server will be released with COD.

Richie
02-20-2011, 07:18 AM
Warbirds Of Prey is one of the best full real servers on the Hyperlobby. It has three arenas. Spits VS 109s, Spits VS 109s Mods and Zekes VS Wildcats. I've been flying this server since it started and if you're an online person as far as IL-2 goes this is one of the best places to be. In my opinion. So if it starts up in Cliffs Of Dover some how I'll be there.

MadBlaster
02-20-2011, 07:22 AM
I concur. It's the only server I fly. Mapmakers do excellent job.

Sauf
02-20-2011, 07:35 AM
+1

klem
02-20-2011, 08:46 AM
+1 or maybe +16 on behalf of the Squad.

JG52Uther
02-20-2011, 10:26 AM
As long as its not like RoF with its flakey 'master server'...

Avala
02-20-2011, 06:38 PM
If this game does not come with an integrated server viewing and joining capacity and an integrated chat client, it will be an epic fail. Relying on HyperLobby or some such in this day and age, especially in comparison to all other PC titles that provided dedicated servers, is ridiculous. Time to come into new century, Maddox Games.

Actually, something like HyperLobby (and HyperLobby itself) is evolution from "in game" servers, and by far better and more easier and efficient. If there wasn't HypelLobby, IL2 wouldn't be played online so much so far, no mater how much some players think that there are players on other servers (and other types of servers). As I saw this "opinion" goes especially for Northern America . . .

Richie
02-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Also usually the big individual severs on the Hyperlobby are very organized and very friendly. They have efficient staff members, accurate statts organized forums and I've never witnessed any real infighting especially in Warbirds of Prey. Any person who starts to raise a fuss complaining about some issue is scolded right away and told to discuss it in the forums not in the chat while flying online especially if a staff member is flying online at the time. This doesn't happen very often though.

zauii
02-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Actually, something like HyperLobby (and HyperLobby itself) is evolution from "in game" servers, and by far better and more easier and efficient. If there wasn't HypelLobby, IL2 wouldn't be played online so much so far, no mater how much some players think that there are players on other servers (and other types of servers). As I saw this "opinion" goes especially for Northern America . . .

Sorry to burst your bubble but Hyperlobby is not in any way more efficient, easier or faster than launching the app and joining via a nicely designed GUI for serverbrowsing.
Its a n excellent app for IL2 and without it Il2-online wouldn't have survived as long as it did, but for the new one we'll hopefully get a more modern GUI.

The reason why Hyperlobby became so popular is exactly due to the reason you just said,
being that the original title lacked an in-game interface for server browsing and interactivity.

ElAurens
02-21-2011, 01:30 AM
The original game had a browser, run by UBI, and it was awful. Clunky, ill-conceived and not reliable at all.

Erkki
02-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Plus it has the main chat & pager... Love or hate them. :grin:

Tree_UK
02-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Plus it has the main chat & pager... Love or hate them. :grin:

I met my current girlfriend in Hyperlobby chat, although I have never met her in the flesh, but apparently she's a model.

JG27_PapaFly
02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I have nothing against a server connection tool made by the game developers.

However, i do love the flexibility the HL offers. Jiri is around, implementing new things that the community needs, like extra rooms for the different online wars.

I doubt that a tool provided by the game developers can beat that. Imagine the 1C forums being full of whining not only about planes, weapons, maps and whatnot, but also about the connection tool.

Sauf
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I have nothing against a server connection tool made by the game developers.

However, i do love the flexibility the HL offers. Jiri is around, implementing new things that the community needs, like extra rooms for the different online wars.

I doubt that a tool provided by the game developers can beat that. Imagine the 1C forums being full of whining not only about planes, weapons, maps and whatnot, but also about the connection tool.

ummm, me thinks we already are lol.

brando
02-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I met my current girlfriend in Hyperlobby chat, although I have never met her in the flesh, but apparently she's a model.

Her name's not Tamiya, is it?

brando
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
The original game had a browser, run by UBI, and it was awful. Clunky, ill-conceived and not reliable at all.

Jeez, yeah, what a sack of ---- that was. Did they ever fix the problem with hosting from behind a router?
Hyperlobby was a breath of fresh air, and I'll be happy to go on using it if that's how it pans out.

T_O_A_D
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm hoping, Oleg had the fore thought this time to give us a friendly GUI interface to use.

Something in the order of Server Commander/ Fbd but better.

TheSwede
02-23-2011, 06:29 AM
If you WoP guys decide to put up a CoD dedicated server you can bet, we in SvAF will be there, celebrating the release with a super BigWing full of Blenheims/JU88s. ;)

//F16_Simon

Hunden
02-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Her name's not Tamiya, is it?

No it's Andy, Tree just dose'nt know it yet.:rolleyes: