PDA

View Full Version : Question to the devs (could save me 1000 Euro)

Winger
02-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I intend to run CoD on a tripplescreen setup with 2 GTX 480 running in SLI.
CPU is a I7 930 running at 4 GHz and utilizing 6 GB of RAM.

Intended resolution would be 5970x1080.

What would help performance in CoD more? An upgrade of CPU from 4 core to 6 core i7 990X or a an upgrade to 2x GTX 580?

Or will i be fine iwth what i have?

Thanks!

Winger

Royraiden
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
I doubt a dev would reply soon.If you want my advice, I would tell you to wait.We dont know if the game will take advantage of a 6 core cpu nor do we know how well sli and crossfire is going to work.You are looking to spend quite some cash,wait for the game to be released to be sure and then choose an option.

Winger
02-15-2011, 02:30 PM
I doubt a dev would reply soon.If you want my advice, I would tell you to wait.We dont know if the game will take advantage of a 6 core cpu nor do we know how well sli and crossfire is going to work.You are looking to spend quite some cash,wait for the game to be released to be sure and then choose an option.

Maybe a dev will reply - via PM maybe? "Sugesstive with the hands wave"

But your advice is most likely the best.

I really hope SLI will give a good performace boost.
I once somewhere read that SLI will be supported with CoD

Winger

Royraiden
02-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Well Luthier said that both sli and crossfire will be supported, but it was responsibility of nvidia and ati to actually release the needed drivers for the cards to work with the game in a multi-gpu setup.

Sven
02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
why don't you just wait till it's released and then judge from all the input people will give to you? Unless you like gambling, I'd wait and watch from a distance and you'll end up having a killer rig with the best performance/price ratio, since you know what's good and what will not be so good for CoD.

Winger
02-15-2011, 03:19 PM
why don't you just wait till it's released and then judge from all the input people will give to you? Unless you like gambling, I'd wait and watch from a distance and you'll end up having a killer rig with the best performance/price ratio, since you know what's good and what will not be so good for CoD.

I most likely will. But CoD isnt the only game i play.

Winger

F19_lacrits
02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
I most likely will. But CoD isnt the only game i play.

Winger

Are you already playing it?! :o

Winger
02-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Are you already playing it?! :o

hehe - nope. I wish i would!

Winger