PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to harder gunnery

addman
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Read that preview stuff that gunnery will be harder -more realistic- and I really like this approach. I'm also glad that Oleg and team aren't going the other way e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nicec5Nt7ZA&feature=channel

swiss
02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Wing Commander - WW2.

sfmadmax
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Read that preview stuff that gunnery will be harder -more realistic- and I really like this approach. I'm also glad that Oleg and team aren't going the other way e.g.

+1

Heliocon
02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow, looks worse then hells angels (which sucked and had joystick support but required TWO joysticks to work, so its TWO or a mouse...)

addman
02-15-2011, 01:38 PM
I personally enjoy the part were the mosquito dogfights and shoots down a fw-190, it clearly demonstrates how little training new luftwaffe pilots recieved during the later parts of the war. Oh! forgot to take my medicine!

Sturm_Williger
02-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Don't let whatshisname see that - it's got a Whirlwind in it !
Betta than IL2 be sure !

jameson
02-15-2011, 02:51 PM
If it has autopilot as well, you could leave it running and do something useful, like take the dog for a walk...

Robotic Pope
02-15-2011, 04:11 PM
wow, now those are realistic lasers. lol

swiss
02-15-2011, 04:36 PM
If it has autopilot as well, you could leave it running and do something useful, like take the dog for a walk...

I fact, I cleaned up the kitchen last time I was on a Ju88 bombing run on Spit vs 109...

Now my wife likes IL2 too. :confused:

JG53Frankyboy
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
the gunnery might get harder............but the hitting power might improve with the new , more detailed damagemodell :)

TheSwede
02-16-2011, 06:55 AM
I like the scene with a barrel rolling 190 and the Mossie just touched the elevator and followed through. :)

Must be some real FM in that master piece!

He111
02-19-2011, 05:25 AM
IF COD is ANYTHING like that, I definitely won't be buying!

COD is a sim, not a kiddy shoot'em up.

addman
02-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Well, I think that "one hit kills headshots" should be implemented in CoD. With regards to the FM, why aren't these guys working at Maddox Games?

Former_Older
02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Any feel for the "jitter" of the gunsight that is in Il2? Where just as you're about to get a nice shot, the plane shimmies a little bit, making your aiming job harder? or the '6th sense' the AI planes in 1946 have, starting to jink the instant before I know it's time to fire?

I am all for more realistic play. I just hope we won't have to be stuck with the above solutions on COD

addman
02-20-2011, 06:50 PM
Any feel for the "jitter" of the gunsight that is in Il2? Where just as you're about to get a nice shot, the plane shimmies a little bit, making your aiming job harder? or the '6th sense' the AI planes in 1946 have, starting to jink the instant before I know it's time to fire?

I am all for more realistic play. I just hope we won't have to be stuck with the above solutions on COD

The "spider sense" you're talking about is gone according to luthier. We will now be able to jump the A.I, especially the rookies who scans less of the surroundings and for longer period of times. It's gonna make this game for me.:)

meplay
02-20-2011, 07:28 PM

hehe reminds me of a clip from the history channel :P

fireship4
02-20-2011, 11:40 PM
On the subject of gunnery, I was wondering if different ammunition types of the same calibre will have different terminal performance, ie tracer rounds loosing weight as they burn, and taking a different path to ball ammunition.

I had read somewhere that using tracers to aim is not a perfect tactic for due to different trajectories, but two things make me wonder about this:

1. whatever the weight of a projectile, the acceleration due to gravity will remain the same (in a vacuum that is - so the effect might need to be different in game).

2. when synchronising guns im sure the one(s) carrying tracer could be raised to intersect with the ball at the chosen distance.

In any case im sure there should be differences of some sort in the trajectory of these rounds, the starting weight would also be a factor (this would change acceleration achieved by the powder).

It's not of massive importance though.

Jaws2002
02-21-2011, 02:12 AM
After almost two years of Rise of Flight I'm looking forward for some easy gunning in Cliffs of Dover. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

hiro
02-21-2011, 03:24 AM
WW 2 AC meets Matrix

:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Y5-BZLaM&t=1m43s

Morpheus: The SIM is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.