PDA

View Full Version : Guncam idea for COD

furbs
02-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Was just watching some guncam footage and got thinking wouldnt it be a great idea to have a proper guncam tapes to view and share?
It could be a key press or linked to the trigger and the recording would be from where ever the cam would be located on the aircraft.

Then the playback could be in black and white and have after affects added, a bit of shake and noise on the view and wiggly tracers.
then the tracks could be saved just like the normal tracks we record, shared and viewed.

It could also be linked to a mission debriefing screen , and viewed just like the real pilots would.

Good idea?

speculum jockey
02-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I would be surprised if that wasn't already included. Oleg mentioned that he has a whole lot more options when it came to camera settings and options. He also wants this to be the new "go-to" program for documentaries about aircraft, so having that option would be a must.

Ravenous
02-14-2011, 10:30 PM
that sounds awsome:P
i've always just turned off the cockpit when viewing tracks to get the same kind of thing, but it doesn't really work that well.

having an official and easy-to-use guncam function would be a really fun addition to the experience, and if b&w and other effects would be possibl at the flick of a switch, it could even be part of a debriefing in campaigns:)

anyone who might know more about this than me:
do you think it'd be hard to make an option for an offcenter pov in a recorded track to make this possible, in an engine that supports 6DOF? ;)

Rainmaker
02-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Very good idea!

White Owl
02-15-2011, 04:42 AM
I did a little searching and found a post from Oleg on the guncam feature.

clicky (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=116062&postcount=53)

Gun camera should recorded the film by enabling separate switch and then works together with the fire button That would be correct. then you will get several separate films - the same amount like you fired.

Ravenous
02-15-2011, 04:49 AM
does indeed sound as if they might have done some work on it at least, but Oleg wrote that in October of '09, and I can't remember seeing anything about it lately..

perhaps we should ask him or Luthier in the next update-thread?

norulz
02-15-2011, 04:55 AM
Would be nice.

Maybe even some export to tacview would add more data for analysis after a match. This way no one could complain about "miracles"... ofcourse if that data could be made available by the server only after players exits the mission. say... if server encrypts that file and only after the mission while disconnecting it gives to the player a pass key.

furbs
02-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Il post about it in the next update thread...of course far to late for release but maybe they will give it some thought, something for a latter patch with luck.

PeterPanPan
02-15-2011, 07:09 AM
I asked this same question here a while back ... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16839.

Got a good response too.

PPanPan

Daniël
02-15-2011, 02:46 PM
What about Luftwaffe missions to make propaganda? :grin: In the early stage of the BoB bombers took sometimes photographers to make pictures for propaganda. Should be quite fun for CoD.:)

Cpt Dremmen
02-15-2011, 05:13 PM
that was trees idea!:eek:

Daniël
02-15-2011, 05:20 PM
that was trees idea!:eek:

Where?

Blackdog_kt
02-15-2011, 05:46 PM
What about Luftwaffe missions to make propaganda? :grin: In the early stage of the BoB bombers took sometimes photographers to make pictures for propaganda. Should be quite fun for CoD.:)

Nice one, i'm all for the rarely occurring but still historical missions. What i'm really looking forward to is photo reconnaissance work.

Imagine flying some of the highest performing yet totally unarmed variants of some of the fastest aircraft of the time, plus having to survive purely by proper planning and execution of a mission profile that maximizes your energy advantage.

Daniël
02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Nice one, i'm all for the rarely occurring but still historical missions. What i'm really looking forward to is photo reconnaissance work.

Imagine flying some of the highest performing yet totally unarmed variants of some of the fastest aircraft of the time, plus having to survive purely by proper planning and execution of a mission profile that maximizes your energy advantage.

Yeah. Could be interesting :cool: Especcially when your photos will help your ground troops etc.

Heliocon
02-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Awesome too - especially since it would only record while firing the videos would be "short and sweet", then you get them all and paste them together for the highlights reel :P